1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Weird Question...

1. cookin to the top

cookin to the top Member Gold Member

Is there a way to make a crockpot recipe without using a crockpot or cooking for 6 hours? (I am trying to make a crockpot recipe into a power cooking recipe- is it possible?)

2. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

depends on the recipe - post the original and lets try and figure it out. Or, email the test kitchen and see what they say about it.

May 20, 2009
  3. AnnieBee

AnnieBee Veteran Member Gold Member

Mostly depends on the meat - alot of typical crock pot recipes use cuts that need slow cooking (low temp, long time) to get them tender enough to eat.

If you use chicken, this is not the case.

May 20, 2009
  4. cookin to the top

This is 1 lb chicken, 1 C broth, 1 Tbs SW seasoning, and 1 packet taco seasoning. It's supposed to be the the best, moist, chicken tacos! (My upline gave me the recipe)

5. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

I do that, but instead of broth and SW seasoning, I use a jar of salsa.

The slow cooking allows the chicken to shred naturally as you cook & stir it. So if you wanted to make it a power cooking recipe, you'd have to cook the chicken and then shred it somehow. I think it might come out more dry that way, though.

May 20, 2009
  6. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

I'd put that in the DCB and then shred it. I bet it would still be good. Might not be quite as tender as in the crockpot, but it would be faster. :)

May 20, 2009
  7. cookin to the top

So you just cook salsa and chicken together with no other ingredients? I like that idea!!! What size jar? I like the DCB idea too.

8. cookin to the top

Would you use the microwave or the oven for the DCB? Which would come out the moistest? (Moistest....that's a word, right? LOL)

9. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

You'd have to experiment to know for sure. But things come out of the DCB pretty tender and shreddable when done in the microwave. The oven is going to take longer and heat up the house and use more power.

May 20, 2009
  10. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

No, salsa and taco seasoning. The salsa takes the place of the broth and SW seasoning.

May 20, 2009
Have something to add?