• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Bookings: A Weird Problem with My Calendar

P
Pampered Laura
Well I know this may come across as someone saying "oh woe is me, my thighs have no cellulite"... LOL But I have a weird problem.

At the middle of February, I was already full for March and half of April.
I do 8-9 shows per month.
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE having this many bookings, but I'm worried that all of these shows that are booking months in advance will lose interest. Is it just simply a matter of needing great host coaching (which I do) to keep them, or is there another solution that you wonderful people can see that I can't see?

The ONLY solution to this that I can see is to hold a monthly mega-show... on a specific Saturday or something? But WHERE can I do one if there's that many people? :eek:

I'd just keep in touch with the people who are making bookings. That's great you are getting so much interest and so many bookings!

Do you limit yourself to certain days of the week? If so, can you "open" up spots on your schedule to accomodate them?

Not really certain days of the week, no.. I book 2 a week with usually an extra one thrown in there in case of reschedule. I'm sure I *could* do like 3-4 a week, but that's way too much for me right now. 2/week is a great number, and easy to manage for my family. :eek:

where to hold a mega showCheck community centers, churches, local government buildings (fire/police stations), senior centers, library, sometimes even banks. I don't know where you live or the size of your community, but these are a few ideas of places you can call to see if they have a room available.

If you do a mega show, determine how many your room can accommodate and plan on 10-12 guests per host. Then you know how many Hosts you can invite to join you on that day. Also, please find someone to be your assistant. It helps to have at least one more set of hands.

As "sailor' mentioned, keeping in touch is important. Send postcards, emails or make a quick phone call here and there.

I filled my March calendar too so I opened up a date I wouldn't normally work.

Good luck and have a great time!

How about recruiting?My director was booked solid and couldn't fit any more shows in - so when she had a host who had several bookings at her show, she just said - "You know, I don't have any room in my schedule for these shows - how about if you try out PC and just do 4 shows? It would help me out and you could earn some great products by doing 4 shows with your friends!" The host signed and 6 months later is still going strong! IF I ever find myself in your situation, I'm going to do what my director did!

Becky Deemter
[email protected]

Laura, like you, I was booking April in February. What a blessing to have shows to look forward to. I am just keeping in touch with my hosts. I send them a friendly email reminding them of the host/guest specials, I send them postcards reminding them of their date and time of show, and I call them. I have found that hosts really appreciate a host coaching call a few days after they have booked their show. Many times when I call, they explain how excited they are and that they have already looked through the packet on their own. During host coaching, you can build excitement and assist your host in setting goals for themselves. Ask them to go through their kitchen and write down all of the things they use the most (especially baking pans which can be subbed out with stoneware). Then tell them that those are the things they want to put on their wish list. Setting this in place will keep them looking forward to their show.

I am including a very helpful letter that I found on this site. I can't take credit for it, but for the one who wrote it, it's a great letter. I include it in all my packets. Hope it helps and have a great selling season.

Attachments

• let's get hosting.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 837
Nice letter cooklove. Thanks for sharing.

Kim

Thank YouThat letter looks great. Thank you.

1. How can I handle a sudden surge in bookings for my calendar?

First of all, congratulations on having such a successful business! It can be overwhelming to suddenly have so many bookings, but there are a few things you can do to manage them effectively. One solution is to prioritize your bookings and try to spread them out over the coming months. This will prevent you from being overwhelmed with too many shows in a short period of time. You can also consider limiting the number of bookings you accept per month to maintain a healthy balance.

2. Is there a risk of losing interest from these bookings that are months in advance?

It's natural to be concerned about keeping the interest of your customers over a long period of time. However, as long as you continue to provide excellent customer service and host coaching, there shouldn't be a problem. Keep in touch with your host and provide updates and reminders leading up to the show. You can also offer incentives or promotions to keep them excited and engaged.

3. Do I need to hold a monthly mega-show to accommodate all of these bookings?

While a monthly mega-show may seem like a solution, it may not be practical or necessary for your business. Instead, consider reaching out to other consultants in your area and see if you can collaborate on hosting a joint show. This way, you can accommodate more guests without having to shoulder the burden alone.

4. Where can I hold a mega-show with so many guests?

There are a few options for hosting a mega-show with a large number of guests. You can inquire at local community centers, rental halls, or even consider renting out a larger space like a hotel conference room. You can also ask your host if they have a larger space available to accommodate more guests. Be creative and think outside the box!

5. How can I ensure that all of my bookings are successful and lead to future business?

The key to a successful booking is excellent host coaching. Make sure to communicate clearly with your host and provide them with all the necessary information and materials to make their show a success. Follow up after the show and offer incentives for guests to book their own parties. By providing a great experience, you'll increase the chances of repeat business and referrals from satisfied customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• caitynsmom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
shelly.nurse
  • erinhoward