• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Strangest Product Names in the PC Industry

In summary, some of the weirdest product names that guests have mentioned at a show include the Mix n' Chop, the Micro-Cooker, the Uncrustables maker, the Measure-All cup, the Mini-Whipper, the Spoonula, the Lorena Bobbit tool, the Uncrustables maker, the Ultimate Slice and Bleed, and the Cookie Gun.
chefann
Gold Member
We've all gotten them - comments from show guests that include some weird name for one of our products. And let's face it, some of them have easily-confused names. (Mix n Chop and Mix n Mash, anyone?)

What's the weirdest product name you've heard from someone?

PC products only, please.

Well, you last disclaimer kinda takes the fun out of this one.That Double-Lipped Pot (so you can pour out of both sides of it.)It took me a loooooong time to figure out that one.

Was that the Micro-Cooker?People usually just call those the Plastic Pots or the Microwave Pot Thingies.I get a lot with "thingy" in the name.

And who isn't tired of hearing "I have the pizza stone".

My favorite was a customer who said this and then added, "but I never use it because I don't make pizzas."

Food Chopper = Choppy Woppy
Measure-All cup = That plungy thing

The little whippy thing (Mini-Whipper)Spoonula (Mix N Scraper--thanks Rachael Ray)Lorena Bobbit tool (Salad Chopper)

The glass pitcher thing (Batter Bowl)
The Uncrustables maker (cut n seal)
Ultimate Slice and Bleed (that one's from DH)

My DH calls the measure-all cup "the crisco thing"
The mini measure all is "the little crisco thing"

Santoku knife---> sudoku knife (the number game)
Stoneware---> clay baking dishes
Cookie scoops---> "those ice cream scoops that break a lot"
Prep bowls---> tiny batter bowls
Ultimate Mandoline---> slicer

chefann said:
The Uncrustables maker (cut n seal)

Hey! That's what my kids call it, too~~!

My DH calls all my unglazed stoneware, brownware.

Hold n Slice = hair pick

I call the cleaning tool on the garlic press "that poky thing" because I can never get "cleaning tool" to come to mind.

JAE said:
I call the cleaning tool on the garlic press "that poky thing" because I can never get "cleaning tool" to come to mind.

Little prick comes to mind here ;)

dannyzmom said:
Little prick comes to mind here ;)

That's what I call the attachment for the Baker's Roller. LOL:D

I'm proud of your restraint, KG.

When I started with PC, my dd was 2--she called the chopper the Food Chomper.
Of course I also hear the pizza stone all the time...
squirter-EAD
my daughters also have a name for the new adjustable measurers--food flingers:)

one that sticks out in my mind is "the pushy thing" I had a bunch of gals at a show one time and said they had to have "the pushy thing" AKA...the measure all cup.

In my house, the cut n seal is the circle sandwich maker.

I have had customers accidentally order the mix n mash when they wanted the mix n chop, and one just ordered a food chopper when she wanted a mix n chop (luckily we caught that one before I submitted it).

My husband and I are gamers, so as a reference to Dungeons and Dragons weaponry he calls the Mix N' Chop the Medieval Mace of Meat Mixing +2.

A lady at one of my shows went on and on about our "butter melter". I had not idea what she was talking about and tried my best to figure it out. She insisted that we had it. All of a sudden in the middle of my demo she finds it " here it is right here, I told you you had one". It was the micro cooker.

Cookie Gun (cookie press)
Big frosting thing (EAD), not to be confused with
Little frosting squirters (Decorating bottles)

The butter melter reminds me of another for the Micro Cooker: the broccoli pot. Yet another one courtesy of my DH.

When my daughter was a younger (toddler/preschooler) I introduced her to the garlic press! It soon became the "playdough hair maker!"
I'm sure if I sit around and think some more, I could come up with quite a bit from over the years! But that was the #1 thing to come to mind! One time I was at a show and I picked it up and started to call it the playdough hair maker! I quick corrected myself and everyone had a good laugh when I quickly explained!:rolleyes:

yummybytes said:
My husband and I are gamers, so as a reference to Dungeons and Dragons weaponry he calls the Mix N' Chop the Medieval Mace of Meat Mixing +2.
As a fellow gamer, I think that is too FUNNY!
+2. Hahah! :D

yummybytes said:

Now this is some humor that I can relate to! LOL Though WoW is my game of choice. :D

Pampered Laura said:
As a fellow gamer, I think that is too FUNNY!
+2. Hahah! :D

I thought for sure no one would get it. WOW! Someone "gets" me!!! :)
YAY!!!

If one of us leaves off the +2 the other corrects them and adds it on, with exuberation, every time!

northern_sunshine said:
Now this is some humor that I can relate to! LOL Though WoW is my game of choice. :D

We used to be WoW fanatics. We actually met playing EverQuest. We recently returned back to Dark Age of Camelot where we're having a blast.

Oh -- and ~hugs~ to all the other gamer geek chicks out there :)

All from DH:
Quik Stir Pitcher: THe Pulpinator
Quik Cut knife: finger slicer

Ohh - thought of a nother DH one...

The Anything But Rice Cooker -- because all it ever does is not make rice. It's been used for veggies, ground beef, cakes, but never rice...

So last week I fixed his little red wagon and made brown rice in it. He made a big deal -- "Mark the date and time!! SHE MADE RICE!!!"

Around here the Easy Accent Decorator is the caulking gun.

yummybytes said:
We used to be WoW fanatics. We actually met playing EverQuest. We recently returned back to Dark Age of Camelot where we're having a blast.

Oh -- and ~hugs~ to all the other gamer geek chicks out there :)
my dh plays DAOC:) I'm a gamer widow!

Family Size Quick Stir Pitcher- The Juice Plundger
Santoku-Soodoko ( what the heck is that )???
Batter Bowls- Mixing bowls

mommyhugz1978 said:
Family Size Quick Stir Pitcher- The Juice Plundger
Santoku-Soodoko ( what the heck is that )???
Batter Bowls- Mixing bowls
I think they are confusing it with that game, that I can't figure out for the life of me!:eek: I think they murdered both the name of the game and our knife and then put them together and created their own name!

Stampaholic1961 said:
Around here the Easy Accent Decorator is the caulking gun.

When recaulking my bathtub, the nylon scraper was the "old caulk remover"

Food Chopper = $30 therapy session

Santoku: the Rachael Ray knife.

raebates said:
Santoku: the Rachael Ray knife.

Since nobody around here knows what a Santoku knife is, I almost always mention Rachael Ray! Everyone wants her knife (but NOT in orange ;))

I hear pizza stone quite a bit. Then there is the glass bowl thingys, oh, and the little squirters (decorator bottles)

yup the glass bowl for pancake batter, and those little brown scrapy things
and rubber spat-U-LER....huh???

I think this may be the only(non) word Bostonian's actually pronounce the "R" ;)

I can say that being born & raised here.:D

MissChef said:
I think they are confusing it with that game, that I can't figure out for the life of me!:eek: I think they murdered both the name of the game and our knife and then put them together and created their own name!

It never scease's to amaze me what they come up with LOL

I have a group of ladies that I've done a number of shows for that call the BBQ basting bottle 'the Master Baster'. I love that one and now, depending on the group at my shows, I try and incorporate it!

Ooh- gotta be careful that you don't mispronounce that one!

OH Boy you really do have to be careful....... that you don't mispronounce that one...LOL

I second that emotion!
I also have alot of people ask for the Santatookee knife

1. What are the most frequently asked questions about "Discover the Strangest Product Names in the PC Industry"?

The top five most frequently asked questions about "Discover the Strangest Product Names in the PC Industry" are:

• What is this product about?
  • How did you come up with these names?
  • Can you give some examples of these strange product names?
  • Are these product names confusing for customers?
  • Do these names have any special meaning or significance?

2. What's the weirdest product name you've heard from someone?

It's hard to choose just one, but some of the weirdest product names we've heard from customers include "Helping Hands," "Measuring Mix N Scraper," and "Garlic Press N Slicer."

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebbieSAChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • cookinthehouse
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • finley1991