• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Weight Watchers Themed Show Ideas: Creative Solutions

In summary, the host is looking for a Weight Watchers themed show and someone suggested using WWpoint recipes. The person suggested looking online for WWpoint recipes and creating a list in Excel.
K_Jurich
I am sure this has been dicussed, but I have a show and the host said they are all on Weight watchers and wants to do a Weight Watchers themed show. Any ideas?:confused:

A suggestion was made last week that whenever a Host asks for a specialized type of recipe, if we do not have a cookbook for it, ask her to give you a few recipes that are acceptable to her group of friends. It takes you off the hook, and you can select the one that works best with our products and that you would feel comfortable preparing in front of them.

That same thread mentioned Free Diet Plans at SparkPeople and how helpful it was in living a healthier lifestyle. I don't remember what the threads name was.

There is a file on here that has recipes with WW points. So maybe you can do a theme with the recipes there.

Go to files and then search Weight Watcher points.

Ann, what a marvelous contribution to our files. Very helpful in having an index of the names of recipes in each cookbook. When I completed a Survey in January, I suggested that we have a Blank Index so that we could make our own Favorite Index of PC recipe names and locations. Anyone ever seen one from PC?

I am in the same boat - I think maybe people are more serious about Weight Watchers this time of year :)I love the files, Ann, and had found them in another thread earlier today. I am really looking forward to being able to offer it as a printed reference for my customers.But, for all of you out there who have done WW/light food demos, what did you do?? I am a very new consultant, and besides the kit I only have a few odd PC pieces (hold n' slice, another lg bar pan, easy accent decorator, and mix n' mash - random, right?). It would seem less than beneficial to make things in the skillet if I'm using my Emeril :lol

I'm doing an 8 point show (WW). I got the idea here somewhere. I'm making the 7 layer Southwestern Salad, and a Strawberry Angel Food Trifle. My party is in 2 weeks.

I did the jerk chicken salad and then purchased the "No Pudge" brownies and did those in the bar pan (2 pkgs) then when they were done took the small York pepermint patties and put them on top - like 18 or so and let them get a little melty then "frosted" the brownies with that. They have some other no sugar brownies that would be points friendly too. The brownies were my hosts idea... she does them all the time and they were good.

Thank you to everyone for all your great sugestions.

Still not too sure what to make for this one but does anyone have the ww points for the new salads or the new recipe for s/s 08? This would be my first theme show and I am alittle nervous. and still not decided on what to make.

I haven't gotten to computing the pts for the new SBRC, but I'll do that this weekend and post them. (I can't do the new grilling book because I don't have it.)

chefann said:
I haven't gotten to computing the pts for the new SBRC, but I'll do that this weekend and post them. (I can't do the new grilling book because I don't have it.)
I do have it I don't know if I can do something to help you but I did win it at our spring kick off so please let me know if there is something I can do.

KateD said:
I don't have the recipe in front of me, but here is a site that can calculate them for you:
Weight Watchers® Point Calculator at CDKitchen.com:: it's what's cooking online

All you need are total calories, grams of fat, and grams of fiber. Hit enter, and it pops right up with the WW points!
That's probably similar to what I have put together to do it. I made up an Excel spreadsheet, into which I type the recipe name, fat, fiber and calories, and it computes the points. Then I only have to copy and paste into the master list.

It's just a matter of getting to it. :rolleyes:

Kara -

Try the Strawberry Spinach Salad. It works out to LESS THAN 1.5 WW points for 1 cup of salad. I make this even at non-WW parties (mostly during the summer, but it will be GREAT with the host specials in April), and everyone LOVES it. I even make it for parties at my house. =)

Hope that helps a little...

=) Jen

Here's the recipe:

Strawberry Spinach Salad

Dressing
1 lemon
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
⅓ Cup sugar
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon poppy seeds

Salad
¼ cup sliced natural almonds, toasted
8 ounces (1½ cups) strawberries, hulled and quartered
½ medium cucumber, sliced and cut in half
¼ small red onion, sliced into thin wedges (¼ cup)
1 package (6 ounces) baby spinach

Directions:
For dressing, zest lemon using Microplane Adjustable Grater. Juice lemon using Citrus Press. Combine zest, juice, vinegar, sugar, oil and poppy seeds in Small Batter Bowl. Whisk until well blended using Mini-Whipper. Cover; refrigerate until ready to use.

Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread almonds in single layer over bottom of Small Bar Pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from oven; cool almonds in bar pan.
Meanwhile, hull strawberries using Core n More; cut strawberries into quarters.

Score cucumber lengthwise using Lemon Zester/Scorer; remove seeds using Core n More. Using Ultimate Mandoline fitted with v-shaped blade, slice cucumber; cut slices in half. Slice onion into thin wedges.

Place spinach in large serving bowl; add strawberries, cucumber and onion. Whisk dressing; pour over salad, gently tossing to coat using Bamboo Salad Tongs. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve immediately.

Yield: 10 servings

Nutrients per serving (1 cup): Calories 70, Total Fat 3 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 10 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 15 mg, Fiber 1 g

Diabetic exchanges per serving: ½ starch, ½ fat (½ carb)

OOH - AND I bet you could split it up into stations for your VERY successful new interactive shows! Station 1: Dressing, Station 2: Slice cucumbers, onions, Station 3: toast almonds, prep strawberries...

See I told you. . .you are GOOD! Thanks Jen!

WW points for modified Power Cooking recipesOK, so I'm currently on WW, and I have done the Power Cooking Recipes three times for my family since I've been home. LOVE THEM!!!!

Here's my modifications that I've made to make them WW friendly:
1) Use 93% lean turkey burger instead of hamburger.
2) For the recipes that use buns, use Nature's Own Sugar Free hot dog and hamburger buns. These are 1 point apiece due to low cal, high fiber ratio.
3) For the stroganoff, use light sour cream (you could use fat-free, but the flavor is better with light, and doesn't make a significant point difference).

Prepared with the quantities listed in the recipes as provided by PC, each recipe is to make 6 servings. Here's the points that the Recipe Builder on the WW website calculates for a single serving (1/6) of each recipe with the above modifications:

-Easy Turkey Burger Stroganoff: 8 points (this is with one serving of regular egg noodles)
-Saucy Turkey Burger Chili: 4 points (2 tbsp. light sour cream adds 1 more point, and 1 1/2 Tbsp. grated cheddar cheese would add 1 more point).
-Zesty Turkey Burger Tacos: 5 points for 2 tacos with regular hard taco shells. 1 1/2 Tbsp. grated cheese divided between the two would add 1 more point.
-Italian Turkey Burger Hoagies: 6 points (this is on a Nature's Own sugar-free hotdog bun, but it is with regular provolone cheese on it!!! Yay!!!)
-Zesty Turkey Burger Barbecue Sloppy Joes: 4 points (this is on a Nature's Own sugar-free hamburger bun with pickles, lettuce, and/or green onions as topping. 1 1/2 Tbsp. grated cheese would add 1 point, and I have no idea about cole slaw as I hate it.)

These are all WELL within what any WW person would eat for dinner, and with these modifications, most families don't even notice the differences.

ardipc said:
OK, so I'm currently on WW, and I have done the Power Cooking Recipes three times for my family since I've been home. LOVE THEM!!!!

Here's my modifications that I've made to make them WW friendly:
1) Use 93% lean turkey burger instead of hamburger.
2) For the recipes that use buns, use Nature's Own Sugar Free hot dog and hamburger buns. These are 1 point apiece due to low cal, high fiber ratio.
3) For the stroganoff, use light sour cream (you could use fat-free, but the flavor is better with light, and doesn't make a significant point difference).

Prepared with the quantities listed in the recipes as provided by PC, each recipe is to make 6 servings. Here's the points that the Recipe Builder on the WW website calculates for a single serving (1/6) of each recipe with the above modifications:

-Easy Turkey Burger Stroganoff: 8 points (this is with one serving of regular egg noodles)
-Saucy Turkey Burger Chili: 4 points (2 tbsp. light sour cream adds 1 more point, and 1 1/2 Tbsp. grated cheddar cheese would add 1 more point).
-Zesty Turkey Burger Tacos: 5 points for 2 tacos with regular hard taco shells. 1 1/2 Tbsp. grated cheese divided between the two would add 1 more point.
-Italian Turkey Burger Hoagies: 6 points (this is on a Nature's Own sugar-free hotdog bun, but it is with regular provolone cheese on it!!! Yay!!!)
-Zesty Turkey Burger Barbecue Sloppy Joes: 4 points (this is on a Nature's Own sugar-free hamburger bun with pickles, lettuce, and/or green onions as topping. 1 1/2 Tbsp. grated cheese would add 1 point, and I have no idea about cole slaw as I hate it.)

These are all WELL within what any WW person would eat for dinner, and with these modifications, most families don't even notice the differences.
Thank you sounds good

What is a Weight Watchers themed show?

A Weight Watchers themed show is a cooking demonstration or party that incorporates healthy recipes and cooking techniques from the Weight Watchers program.

Do I have to be a Weight Watchers member to attend a themed show?

No, anyone can attend a Weight Watchers themed show. The recipes and cooking techniques can benefit anyone looking to make healthier choices in their diet.

Can I purchase Weight Watchers products at a themed show?

Unfortunately, Weight Watchers products are not sold through Pampered Chef. However, our consultants can offer alternative options for ingredients and tools that align with the Weight Watchers program.

How can I host a Weight Watchers themed show?

If you are interested in hosting a themed show, simply reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant and let them know. They can work with you to plan and organize the event.

Are there any special discounts or promotions for Weight Watchers themed shows?

At this time, there are no specific promotions for Weight Watchers themed shows. However, our consultants always have special offers and incentives for their hostesses and guests, so be sure to ask about them when planning your event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • STACY'S COOKING
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ajhunt2