• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join Weight Watchers for a Healthier Lifestyle | Community Support at CS Land

In summary, WW is a great way to lose weight and keep it off. It is important to attend meetings and to track your points. The Core Program rocks and is a great way to stay on track.
hoosierchef
I just decided to join Weight Watchers and was wondering if anyone else out here in CS land is a WW too?

Bump......

I am! I love it!

Yep. We have a meeting here at work and THIS time I have been in for 15 weeks. I have lost 10 lbs on the plan and 5 before I started. I was in about 2 years ago but then got pregnant (my son is 14 months old) and I had lost 20 before I had him. I am now back down below my pre-preganancy weight but I still have a ways to go.

I have been a little off track here lately and not really counting my points but I'm still loosing - I have just really cut my portions and stopped the candy. I told my leader on Tuesday that she needs to ask me for my tracker on Tuesday. I have had to write everything down because I don't want to show her an empty book!!

It works as long as you are working the plan. Writing everything down really helps!

I'm on my 4th week and love it too :)

I have been doing WW online on and off (mostly off) since January. Lately I haven't been very good about tracking points but haven't given up and hopefully will get back on track soon!

I am. Unfortunately, I have not been journaling or attending meetings, so I have not lost anything in the last few weeks. I need to get back on track.

I think I need to get back to WW. Before I had my son (3 years ago) I lost 25 pounds! Now, 3 years and 2 kids later...well, you know the story. I'm not doing very well trying to lose it on my own, so I think it's time to get back.

Hi Tammi!!

I am doing it. I was amazed that I actually lost at conference... I didn't do so well on keep tabs on my points but all that walking must have counted for something!!

I love WW -- it's the only thing I have found to be a REAL solution.

how much does it really cost you? :confused:

I'm right there with you!

MissChef said:
how much does it really cost you? :confused:

Mine at work is $30 a month. My company is picking up some of the cost so I don't know how much it would be if we went to a meeting. When I did WW before I justified the cost because I wasn't going out to lunch - I got frozen meals or did left-overs. I would be spending the money at lunch getting fatter so why not spend it at WW and get thinner - the money is the same - but my size is different and I feel better about myself. Plus I don't seem to have the will power to do it on my own so this works for me.

I buy the monthly pass. It's $39.95 a month - unlimited meetings. It also has "Etools" - online extras, including a really good program for tracking recipes and what you eat. If you have a Palm Pilot there's a program for that too.

I also pay the 39.99 a month. If you pay by the week its like $12ish and you don't get the etools which I love so -- i go for the gusto :p

I looooove the meetings and have actually got a lot of business there ;) I'm even doing a Healthy For Life cooking show this fall for the people in my group.

The Core Program Rocks!!! I do the monthly pass also Meetings and online accss for $39.99 is quite a deal

Oddly enough, there is not a single person at my meetings who does core. I've thought about giving it a try - I struggle mightily with my addiction to pasta - by the boxful. Core would put a halt to my boxes of Kraft Dinner.

Oh, and Boot Camp Buddies is the *greatest* forum for WW support!http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/index.php?

I have found that I really like whole wheat pasta - I am goign to bump up my other thread about getting healthy

I joined WW in May of 2006 and lost 50 lbs. I've been a lifetime member since the first week in January 2007, so now it's FREE!! (I did the monthly pass - best value!) It was by far one of the smartest decisions I've made. I have to admit that I don't count Points that well or track everything I eat, but for me it was the exercise that did the trick, paying attention to what I eat, and being held accountable for my weight each week at weigh-in.

Good luck - and attend the meetings - if you have a good leader, it makes it so much easier!

I have lost 25 lbs on WW since initially joining - i was a silly girl that found her dream wedding dress and was too small. WW helped me get into that dress

I had this little problem.

I would go on WW....lose about 35-40lbs. I would be looking pretty good --- still nowhere near goal, but definitely lookin' good -- and I would well.. get pregnant.

Guess my hubby couldn't resist my hot momma self.

This happened TWO times.

So -- hubby is fixed now and I'm back at WW. I'm down about 14lbs and my husband jokes that if for some reason I end up pregnant he sure hopes that Johnny Depp will pay the child support! :)

I am restarting WW August 1 with my husband. I did it last year on line and lost about 50 lbs. I am excited to start again. I highly recommend on-line it is so easy to keep track of points and look up things.

Ok, well I officially signed up yesterday, but today has not been a good day and with me working the county fair tomorrow and Saturday night...... I'm thinking I may just have to "officially" start my point counting on Sunday or Monday!! :p

I signed up online using the monthly pass. I LOVE THE ETOOLS!!!!

I bought the WW at home package, but find I lack the enthusiasm to even begin......with a family of 5, I want to learn how to help everyone be healthier. Am looking for a meeting in my area now.

I'm doing it, too!! I did it after my first, and it worked really well!!

itsjustCarla said:
I bought the WW at home package, but find I lack the enthusiasm to even begin......with a family of 5, I want to learn how to help everyone be healthier. Am looking for a meeting in my area now.

Carla -- the meetings make all the difference.. it's like going to conference and being inspired by the people there. You can go to as many as you want a week as well if you're feeling the need for support.

I have to agree with JENN. It's all about support and going to the meetings will give you the support, energy and enthusiasm you need to get started and keep on track. (HUM.....Kinda like our business huh?)

I tried several times to do it on my own - I need the meetings - it also helps that my leader has threatened to come knocking on my door if I miss too much. :eek: Without her support, and the support of everyone in my meeting... I don't know that I could do it.

Plus we get stickers for things: losing pounds, meeting goals, NSV (non-scale victories) - having everyone clap enthusiastically when you get a sticker is just cool. :D

hoosierchef said:
Ok, well I officially signed up yesterday, but today has not been a good day and with me working the county fair tomorrow and Saturday night...... I'm thinking I may just have to "officially" start my point counting on Sunday or Monday!! :p

I signed up online using the monthly pass. I LOVE THE ETOOLS!!!!

it may be tough but I encourage you to still track what you are eating... even if you can't accurately count the points. It will make you conscious of what you are putting in your mouth. Even when I have an bad day and go off the deep end - it helps to write it down and realize how crazy I was so I can refocus the next day.

hperschnick said:
it may be tough but I encourage you to still track what you are eating... even if you can't accurately count the points. It will make you conscious of what you are putting in your mouth. Even when I have an bad day and go off the deep end - it helps to write it down and realize how crazy I was so I can refocus the next day.

Yeah, I was thinking about that too. I'll probably go ahead and at least write everything down. Thanks for the encouragement.

BTW, do you have a first name? :p

hoosierchef said:
BTW, do you have a first name? :p

Ok, I looked ya up under consultants! Thanks for the encouragement Heather!! ;)

I am on week 55 with weight watchers (started mid-July 2006) and I have lost 76 pounds so far. I am about 10 pounds away from goal.I attend meetings at work. All I gotta say is, do it! Weight Watchers has helped me change my life in such a positive way. I am so much more fit, and feel better about myself now than a year ago. I love being able to look at pictures of myself when I was 17 and look at myself now, and think "hey, not bad for being twice the age and being the same size!"

you gals just might have inspired me!!! I think I will look it up on-line!:)

My wife and I have been on WW for about a year now. We both have lost over fifty pounds.

Finding someone, be it a spouse or just a buddy, really helps. If they exercise with you that is even better.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kathytnt
  • General Chat
5 6 7 8 9
Replies
Views
chefjwr
Replies
Views
Joyful
  • nancycookspc
  • Pampered Chef Recipes