• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Weight Watchers Salads Cookbook Conversion Points & Theme Show Tips

The trifle is Angelfood Cake cubed, layered with instant cheesecake pudding (made w/ skim milk) and Cool Whip combined, and fresh berries (I use a combination of strawberries and blueberries) for 4 points. It has 16 servings.
nycchef
I know this has been discussed before, but after viewing the files here on CC about weight watchers conversion points for each cookbook, I do not see the conversion for the Salads cookbook...does anyone have this...has anyone done a WW theme show that can give me some pointers? Thanks!

I do an "8 Point Party" where I demo the 7 layer southwestern salad (4 points) and have a Trifle (4 points) made ahead. It's very well received and people who aren't on WW enjoy it too!

The trifle is Angelfood Cake cubed, layered with instant cheesecake pudding (made w/ skim milk) and Cool Whip combined, and fresh berries (I use a combination of strawberries and blueberries)

And here is the Salad recipe:

Seven-Layer Southwestern Salad
2 cups chopped, cooked chicken
1 ½ cups sour cream (Low-fat)
¾ cup thick and chunky salsa
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 large green bell pepper, diced
2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
½ cup thinly sliced green onions with tops
1 package (16 ounces) iceberg lettuce salad mix (10 cups)
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese (low-fat)
1 ½ cups corn chips (optional)(USE Baked tortilla chips)

1. In Small Batter Bowl, combine sour cream and salsa; mix well and
Set aside
2. Drain and rinse beans using large Colander. Using Chef’s Knife,
Dice bell pepper and tomatoes; thinly slice green onions. Layer beans, bell pepper, lettuce, tomatoes and green onions in Simple Additions Large Bowl
3. Spoon sour cream mixture over top using Small Mix ‘N Scraper
Spreading evenly. Grate cheese over top using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with corn chips, if desired, and serve

***To make a heartier salad, add 2 cups cooked diced chicken between the bean layer and the bell pepper layer.

The Spin on Salads cards are on page 5 of this document.

ChefBeckyD said:
I do an "8 Point Party" where I demo the 7 layer southwestern salad (4 points) and have a Trifle (4 points) made ahead. It's very well received and people who aren't on WW enjoy it too!

The trifle is Angelfood Cake cubed, layered with instant cheesecake pudding (made w/ skim milk) and Cool Whip combined, and fresh berries (I use a combination of strawberries and blueberries)

And here is the Salad recipe:

Seven-Layer Southwestern Salad
2 cups chopped, cooked chicken
1 ½ cups sour cream (Low-fat)
¾ cup thick and chunky salsa
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 large green bell pepper, diced
2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
½ cup thinly sliced green onions with tops
1 package (16 ounces) iceberg lettuce salad mix (10 cups)
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese (low-fat)
1 ½ cups corn chips (optional)(USE Baked tortilla chips)

1. In Small Batter Bowl, combine sour cream and salsa; mix well and
Set aside
2. Drain and rinse beans using large Colander. Using Chef’s Knife,
Dice bell pepper and tomatoes; thinly slice green onions. Layer beans, bell pepper, lettuce, tomatoes and green onions in Simple Additions Large Bowl
3. Spoon sour cream mixture over top using Small Mix ‘N Scraper
Spreading evenly. Grate cheese over top using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with corn chips, if desired, and serve

***To make a heartier salad, add 2 cups cooked diced chicken between the bean layer and the bell pepper layer.

I have promised my host for Thurs. evening a low fat/low cal dessert... this sounds great. Do you use the fat free cool whip, and how much do you combine with the pudding? any other tips for this recipe? And 4 pts per serving, how many servings is that based on... I'm guessing 16 servings for the whole thing?

Thanks!!:D

1. How do I convert Weight Watchers points to Pampered Chef recipes?

To convert Weight Watchers points to Pampered Chef recipes, you can use a points calculator or follow the points conversion chart provided by Weight Watchers. You can also use the "Recipe Builder" feature on the Weight Watchers app to input the ingredients and get the points value for the recipe.

2. Can I use the Weight Watchers Salad Cookbook for my Pampered Chef theme show?

Yes, you can definitely use the Weight Watchers Salad Cookbook for your Pampered Chef theme show. The cookbook features a variety of delicious and healthy salads that are perfect for showcasing at a Pampered Chef party.

3. Are there any tips for hosting a Pampered Chef theme show centered around Weight Watchers salads?

Yes, there are several tips that can help make your Pampered Chef theme show centered around Weight Watchers salads a success. These include offering samples of the salads, providing information on the benefits of using Pampered Chef products for healthy cooking, and offering special discounts for guests who purchase Pampered Chef products during the show.

4. Can I substitute ingredients in the Weight Watchers Salad Cookbook for healthier options?

Yes, you can definitely substitute ingredients in the Weight Watchers Salad Cookbook for healthier options. For example, you can use Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise, or use low-fat cheese instead of full-fat cheese. You can also add in more vegetables or lean protein to make the salads even more nutritious.

5. Do you have any suggestions for Weight Watchers-friendly dressings to use with Pampered Chef salads?

Yes, there are several options for Weight Watchers-friendly dressings to use with Pampered Chef salads. Some examples include balsamic vinaigrette, Greek yogurt ranch dressing, or a simple lemon and olive oil dressing. You can also experiment with different herbs and spices to create your own low-point dressings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• K_Jurich
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
K_Jurich
Replies
Views
zmom58
Replies
Views
Wildfire