• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some low-point Weight Watchers Easter dessert ideas?

I understand where you're coming from. I used to be a big fan of WW, too, but I've since changed my mind. I think the diet can be healthy, but it's not sustainable. The food choices people make on WW aren't going to fuel their body the way they think they will.
ChefPaulaB
So, since most of my family is now on Weight Watchers, I've been put in charge of making a WW friendly dessert for Easter. I know that there are some good sites for WW recipes, but I was wondering if anyone has a tried and true recipe.. beyond the diet soda cakes, that would be within 1-5 pts. per serving. Something springy and Eastery (that's so not a word!)... Maybe one of the Trifle's made skinny would be good...

I love the trifles! They go so far.

You can use angel food cake, your choice of fat free sugar free pudding, your choice of fruit, fat free cool whip if you like.

I like strawberry and banana personally, and I like to add some of the strawberry jam melted on top of the angel food cake.

here's how I layer

angel food cake
drizzle jam
pudding
fruit
cool whip

REPEAT.

Its always a hit!

Mmmm, that sounds good... that sounds kind of what I was thinking of, I just have to figure out what the points would be...

Also had this one in my mail box.

Berry Pie
2 c FF milk
1 pkg SF vanilla flavored cook and serve pudding mix
1 bag frozen berries, thawed
1 pkg SF any berry flavored Jell-O

Prepare pudding according to microwave directions on the box. Add any berry Jell-O mix and stir until dissolved. Place berries in a pie pan and pour pudding/Jell-O mixture over berries. Refrigerate until firm.

Put dollop of SF Cool Whip on slice.

At my WW meeting last week someone shared a really easy recipe. All they did was mix up an angel food cake mix and add in a can of diced pineapple (juice and all). She baked it in the fluted stone and then decorated with mixed fruit and whipped topping. I tried it last night and it was YUMMY! :)

My Mom makes a Keylime Pie that is a WW recipe. It is made yoplait (sp wrong I think) whipped yogurt and a graham cracker crust and lite cool whip and something else I think, maybe.
I can ask her later, that might be it but I can't remember??

It tastes great and it is a nice spring green color.

Kelly V.

I make the Rasberry Dream Cheesecake from Fall Winter 2003 Seasons Best. Leave off rasberry jam and decorate with rasberrys. Was 9 pts I converted to 3 by using fat free cream cheese and sugar free fat free pudding, fat free milk, lite butter, lite cool whip. Serves 16 and I can make in about five minutes!

Can you really have cool whip on WW?? I would think that real whipped cream would be better for you then frozen oil!!

Sorry never been on WW before and am just wondering.

rennea said:
Can you really have cool whip on WW?? I would think that real whipped cream would be better for you then frozen oil!!

I am pretty sure that is on the recipe. I know they suggest it at meeting when you make jello to put a drop of lite cool whip on top.
I will ask her this morning.

Kelly V.

If you have the monthly pass on WW, you can use Etools to convert any regular recipe, it will convert to a WW recipe.

rennea said:

LOL - if you eat the fat free/sugar free cool whip, you aren't even getting frozen oil!
That's the main reason I had to quit WW. I couldn't stand all of the fake foods that are advocated on the diet. Chemicals galore. Everyone has a different definition of healthy...and mine was different than theirs.

ChefBeckyD said:
LOL - if you eat the fat free/sugar free cool whip, you aren't even getting frozen oil!
That's the main reason I had to quit WW. I couldn't stand all of the fake foods that are advocated on the diet. Chemicals galore. Everyone has a different definition of healthy...and mine was different than theirs.

hijack...
I remember years ago, WW was all about teaching you to eat the right foods, in the right amounts. Now with the whole Points thing, people aren't learning good nutrition. It's more flexible I guess so people can eat out more and feel like they don't have to eat "diet food", but the food choices a lot of people make aren't going to fuel the body. If you save up your points and such to blow it on one meal or whatever, it's terrible for your metabolism--I know that's not the intent of WW, but I know a lot of people were using their plan in that fashion and still losing weight, only to struggle later.

Okay, off the soap box... ;)

I agree with you to a certain extent... but, they don't tell you that you have to eat the fake foods, they do very much encourage eating fruits and vegetables and whole grains. But sometimes for some people (ME) it's good to have something that can take care of that sweet tooth! And as far as saving up points, they do not encourage that, but they do say that on occassion it is okay, and that to me is the main thing that makes WW work is because you can live a real life and make it work. You don't have to miss out on the big birthday celebration and watch everyone else. You don't have to skip that glass of wine with dinner. It has helped me tremendously just in figuring out how totally off I was with portion sizes and realizing that all of that extra cheese and crap that I put on everything is really bad, it's all about portions and moderation. It says that you can eat everything in moderation, if you really want that cookie, fine, eat it, but don't eat the whole bag! Anyway, back to the recipes... they sound great. Thanks everyone!

Brenda Booth said:
I make the Rasberry Dream Cheesecake from Fall Winter 2003 Seasons Best. Leave off rasberry jam and decorate with rasberrys. Was 9 pts I converted to 3 by using fat free cream cheese and sugar free fat free pudding, fat free milk, lite butter, lite cool whip. Serves 16 and I can make in about five minutes!
I don't have the Season's Best f/w 2003, and I don't think they go back that far on CC, could you please post the recipe, it sounds great!
Nevermind, it was in the F/W 2005 also, so it was on CC... thanks for the info.

Last edited:
Leth said:
At my WW meeting last week someone shared a really easy recipe. All they did was mix up an angel food cake mix and add in a can of diced pineapple (juice and all). She baked it in the fluted stone and then decorated with mixed fruit and whipped topping. I tried it last night and it was YUMMY! :)

Do you just add the pineapple and nothing else or do you also add the ingredients in the directions too? It sounds good... I would like to try it.

vwpamperedchef said:
If you have the monthly pass on WW, you can use Etools to convert any regular recipe, it will convert to a WW recipe.

I didn't do the monthly pass for some stupid reason, so I don't have access to that... but good news is, I reached my goal and am now a lifetime member so I don't have to pay anymore as long as I stay within 2 lbs... but I still don't have access to etools... sounds cool!

1. Can I still indulge in Easter desserts while following the Weight Watchers program?

Yes, you can definitely enjoy some delicious Easter desserts while following the Weight Watchers program. The key is to make smart choices and watch your portion sizes.

2. Are there any Weight Watchers-friendly Easter dessert recipes available?

Absolutely! There are plenty of Weight Watchers-friendly Easter dessert recipes available online and in our Pampered Chef cookbooks. These recipes are lower in calories and points, but still taste delicious.

3. Can I use regular ingredients in my Easter desserts or do I need to use special Weight Watchers products?

You can use regular ingredients in your Easter desserts, but just be mindful of the portion sizes and number of points they may have. However, using special Weight Watchers products can help lower the points and calories in your desserts.

4. How can I make my Easter desserts healthier without sacrificing flavor?

There are many ways to make your Easter desserts healthier. You can swap out ingredients such as butter for healthier alternatives like applesauce or avocado, use whole wheat flour instead of white flour, and incorporate more fruits and vegetables into your desserts. You can also try using sugar substitutes or reducing the amount of sugar in your recipes.

5. Can I still enjoy traditional Easter desserts on the Weight Watchers program?

Yes, you can still enjoy traditional Easter desserts while on the Weight Watchers program. Just be mindful of portion sizes and try to balance out your indulgences with healthier choices throughout the day. Moderation is key!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• natural
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • urbnk8
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • vwpamperedchef