• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effective Weekly Support Calls for New Consultants: Tips, Strategies & Results

The weekly touch base is really helpful because it keeps me motivated and on track. I know I can always depend on my director to have my back, and she's always willing to help me out in any way she can.
jcsmilez
Gold Member
Does anyone do weekly support calls? I've tried to go by the "Guide to supporting New Consultants," but I'm a little lost and don't feel like I'm training or supporting my team in the way that I'd like. I'd love to know what you do and how it's working for you. I'm sure it varies based on your recruits, I listed the breakdown of my team below.

I have recruited 6 at this point, all have an opportunity to submit a show and reactivate under the new plan and all were offered support calls:

1 never submitted anything.
1 submitted some, but never qualified (she was also a former consultant).
2 qualified and haven't submitted since.
2 are staying active and are excited, though they aren't meeting their established goals. (1 has accepted weekly support calls).

TIA :)

Well I've yet to recruit. I'm working on it!:) However my director offers weekly support calls as well and I am the only one in her downline I believe that took her up on it. We usually talk every Tuesday evening, but the last month has been crazy with my work schedule and shows and conference so they kind of fell off for a minute but we will actually probably skip it since I'll see her Wed. at her Passion Party. Anyway I highly recommend them. They keep me on my toes and accountable and actually it does the same for my director. She'll usually give me 1 or 2 things to try to accomplish by the next phone call and since I have to report my progress it makes me more apt to pick up the phone etc. I would definitely do it with your recruit that accepted. I would also just call the others and see what there goals are and how you can help them reach it!

If you are motivated they will be too. Our SD had our kickoff last night since we were fresh from conference and wanted to get everyone geared up to have a great summer and build a great fall. There were 21 of us at conference from her downline and she announced at kickoff she is shooting for ED. And that actually motivated some of us that might be striving for director so we can help her achieve her goal. And we really would love her to host our ED banquet next year.:D So never underestimate the power of your own goal for your team.

Thanks, Katie. I should have mentioned in my original post to also reply if you receive calls. I've never really had that, so I've kind of fumbled and bumbled my way through, and now it just breaks my heart to see some of my team slowly walking away over the same frustrations that almost took me. I appreciate all the insight I can get! :D

My attitude is to support my recruits how/when they want, at the risk of them just fading away. The ones who are serious/motivated will take advantage of any and all development and coaching opportunties, and the ones who are not will decline your offer or just never be available.

I am not in favor of calling people to monitor or give them a nudge unless that person told me to do so.

Of course that all being said I have 3 inactive recruits!

susanr613 said:
My attitude is to support my recruits how/when they want, at the risk of them just fading away. The ones who are serious/motivated will take advantage of any and all development and coaching opportunties, and the ones who are not will decline your offer or just never be available.

I am not in favor of calling people to monitor or give them a nudge unless that person told me to do so.

The weekly support calls as outlined in the "guide to supporting new consultants" just talk about the first 90 days, I couldn't imagine a weekly "monitoring" after that. Though, I'd like to implement some sort of optional call, monthly or biweekly, for those that would like to step up one level or in some way aren't satisfied with where they are in their business...

jcsmilez said:
The weekly support calls as outlined in the "guide to supporting new consultants" just talk about the first 90 days, I couldn't imagine a weekly "monitoring" after that. Though, I'd like to implement some sort of optional call, monthly or biweekly, for those that would like to step up one level or in some way aren't satisfied with where they are in their business...

My director offers a weekly touch base to anyone who would like it (I'm sure you could make it bi-weekly if you wanted to...) Personally it's great b/c it keeps me motivated, helps me overcome challenges, allows me to share my weekly achievements with her, keeps me accountable for my 3-2-1's and customer care calls, and now that I am a Team Leader she coaches me on how to coach my team! I think it's an awesome reasource :)

kdangel518 said:
My director offers a weekly touch base to anyone who would like it (I'm sure you could make it bi-weekly if you wanted to...) Personally it's great b/c it keeps me motivated, helps me overcome challenges, allows me to share my weekly achievements with her, keeps me accountable for my 3-2-1's and customer care calls, and now that I am a Team Leader she coaches me on how to coach my team! I think it's an awesome reasource :)

Wow, that is wonderful! I'm hoping to be a strong and supportive director like that!

susanr613 said:

I REALLY agree with this!! I have 6 girls under me, and only 1 is inactive for a VERY good reason, and will be really boosting her business now! I don't worry about them. My director told me something this week that made A LOT of sense. "Give your consultants as much time as they give you" So basically if they WANT the calls or the emails to keep in touch, then give it to them! If they don't want them...then don't.

In my opinion, and some people may or may not agree with me, however, it's their business. If you have inactive consultants or consultants that aren't doing much...if they WANT to make their business better, then they'll show it! If they don't, that's their decision. It's soo hard to accept for me sometimes, but it is what it is!

I think you have GREAT ideas!! If your team wants the calls, by all means...I'd be all over it! That's a GREAT way to build a successful team! You can't make them though....it's all what they want it to be, you know? That' my opinion anyways!! GL!!

tristen - i would make up a Weekly Coaching/Training Worksheet and ask each consultant (who is interested in the calls) to email it to you the day before their training is to take place

ex:
1. what did you accomplish this week (be specific)?
2. what did you want to get accomplished but didn't?
3. what leads/opportunities are presented to you?
4. what do you want to use your training call for?

1. How often should new consultants participate in weekly support calls?

New consultants should aim to participate in weekly support calls at least once a week. This will ensure they stay up to date on important information and have opportunities to ask questions and receive support from more experienced consultants.

2. Can I listen to a recorded version of the support calls if I cannot attend?

Yes, Pampered Chef provides recorded versions of the support calls for those who cannot attend live. These recordings can be accessed through your consultant portal.

3. What topics are typically covered in the weekly support calls?

The weekly support calls cover a variety of topics, including tips for successful parties, strategies for building your customer base, and updates on new products and promotions. There is also time dedicated for Q&A sessions.

4. Are there any specific strategies or techniques that are commonly discussed in the support calls?

Yes, the support calls often discuss effective sales techniques, such as host coaching and booking strategies, as well as ways to expand your network and reach new customers. They may also cover time management and organization tips.

5. Can I invite my team members to join me on the weekly support calls?

Absolutely! The weekly support calls are open to all consultants, so you are welcome to invite your team members to join you. This can be a great way to support and motivate each other, as well as learn from the experiences of others.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cookingwithmichelle
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
missyciccolella
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cincychef
  • jennyl