1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show Wedding Shower vs. Catalog Show

1. mrshamel3808

mrshamel3808 Member Gold Member

I have a client who wants to do a catalog show for her sister who's getting married in August. She said she wants to do a catalog show rather than a wedding shower so she can send catalogs to all the family members, have them buy stuff from the registry and give it to her at her regular bridal shower or at the wedding. Is there any reason why I should encourage her to do a wedding shower rather than a catalog show? She was planning on giving her host benefits to her sister anyways. So far the only different I can find is that I can only give the bride the 10% past host discount rather than giving both the bride/groom & the show host 10% discounts.

Apr 20, 2009
  2. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

If she does a show, and invites local friends, they might buy for themselves as well as the bride and thus the show total would go up.

3. mrshamel3808

mrshamel3808 Member Gold Member

So that's the only difference? I mean, I know that's good for me but she really wants to do a catalog show so unless there's something way better for her/her sister with a wedding shower than she probably won't switch. My main concern is making sure they aren't missing out on a great benefit from not doing the wedding shower.

Apr 20, 2009
  4. JaimeAnnR

JaimeAnnR Member

i am in the process of closing up a wedding shower right now. it is at $1,024. every single guest ordered for themselves as well as the bride, and that doubled (approx.) the sales of the party. the more sales they have, the more free product value there will be. the bride and groom will get to choose $200 worth of free product!

i would tell your client that PC bridal showers are really FUN, and really not that different than a 'normal' bridal shower. the one i did this weekend, i made the dessert first (a trifle) and then they did the usual food, games, visiting. so they did all the food except for dessert. that worked out really well. you could offer to do a free show to entice them (bring the ingredients).

it will be better for both of u if they do a PC bridal shower! good luck!

Apr 21, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted