• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wedding Shower Vs. Catalog Show

In summary, the conversation is about a client who wants to do a catalog show for her sister's wedding instead of a traditional wedding shower. The main difference is that with a catalog show, family members can order from the registry and give the gifts at the regular bridal shower or wedding. The only concern is that by not doing a wedding shower, they may miss out on the potential for higher sales and free product value. The speaker suggests offering a free show to entice the client to do a PC bridal shower, which they believe would be more beneficial for both parties involved.
mrshamel3808
Gold Member
I have a client who wants to do a catalog show for her sister who's getting married in August. She said she wants to do a catalog show rather than a wedding shower so she can send catalogs to all the family members, have them buy stuff from the registry and give it to her at her regular bridal shower or at the wedding. Is there any reason why I should encourage her to do a wedding shower rather than a catalog show? She was planning on giving her host benefits to her sister anyways. So far the only different I can find is that I can only give the bride the 10% past host discount rather than giving both the bride/groom & the show host 10% discounts.

If she does a show, and invites local friends, they might buy for themselves as well as the bride and thus the show total would go up.

So that's the only difference? I mean, I know that's good for me but she really wants to do a catalog show so unless there's something way better for her/her sister with a wedding shower than she probably won't switch. My main concern is making sure they aren't missing out on a great benefit from not doing the wedding shower.

i am in the process of closing up a wedding shower right now. it is at $1,024. every single guest ordered for themselves as well as the bride, and that doubled (approx.) the sales of the party. the more sales they have, the more free product value there will be. the bride and groom will get to choose $200 worth of free product! i would tell your client that PC bridal showers are really FUN, and really not that different than a 'normal' bridal shower. the one i did this weekend, i made the dessert first (a trifle) and then they did the usual food, games, visiting. so they did all the food except for dessert. that worked out really well. you could offer to do a free show to entice them (bring the ingredients).it will be better for both of u if they do a PC bridal shower! good luck!

Hi there! Congratulations on your sister's upcoming wedding! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I completely understand the appeal of a catalog show for a wedding. It allows for convenience and flexibility for both the bride and her family members to shop and purchase items from the registry. However, I would recommend considering a traditional wedding shower as well. This allows for a more personal and intimate experience for the bride and her loved ones to come together and celebrate before the big day. Additionally, it gives you the opportunity to showcase the products in person and offer cooking tips and recipe ideas. As for the host benefits, you could still offer them to the bride and her sister as a joint gift. Ultimately, the decision is up to your client, but I believe a combination of both a catalog show and wedding shower would be a great option. Let me know if you have any other questions or if I can assist in any way. Happy cooking!

What is the difference between a Wedding Shower and a Catalog Show?

A Wedding Shower is a party specifically for the bride-to-be and focuses on gifts for the couple's new home. A Catalog Show is a party where guests can browse and purchase products from the Pampered Chef catalog.

Can a Wedding Shower and a Catalog Show be combined?

Yes, they can be combined. The host can choose to have a portion of the party dedicated to the bride and groom's wedding registry, while also offering guests the opportunity to purchase Pampered Chef products.

Do I need to be a Pampered Chef consultant to host a Wedding Shower or Catalog Show?

No, anyone can host a Wedding Shower or Catalog Show. However, if you are interested in becoming a consultant, hosting a party is a great way to earn free products and discounts.

What types of products are typically featured at a Wedding Shower?

At a Wedding Shower, guests can expect to see a variety of products that would be useful in a new home, such as kitchen gadgets, cookware, and bakeware. The focus is usually on items that can help the couple in their meal preparation and entertaining.

Are there any special discounts or promotions for hosting a Wedding Shower or Catalog Show?

Yes, as a host, you will receive discounts and free products based on the total sales of your party. There may also be special host-exclusive deals available. Contact your Pampered Chef consultant for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• darlinclem
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
darlinclem
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
Tams