• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wedding Registy - Qualified???

In summary, if you want to be able to qualify for incentives, you need to get at least 50% of your sales from shows - not the web.
mbreeding
HI all,

I am a bit bummed that I was cyked for this registry to open since I have about 3 who were going to sign up with me, but from what I read and understand (now seeing my new website) that I can't have anyone register under me unless I am qualified????? That just stinks since I was hoping it would help me qualify and to get my business started better. March is my SS1 month. Can anyone clarify this for me or make me understand what I have to do? Just qualify I guess is that right? So if these people put my name is it automatically going to go to my director? I am trying to get them to hold off so that doesn't happen. Suggestions/comments???

Thank you,
Michelle Breeding (#473065)
Independent Kitchen Consultant

Bridal GuideI received a copy of The Consultant's Guide to The Wedding Registry (looks like its form #EE19) and I didn't read of any restrictions like that... if that's true, it is a bummer! Check with customer service??

I'm so mad about thisI am so upset over this. I think it is completely unfair to not allow those of us trying to qualify and do our best to not get credit or commission if we bring a bridal shower/registry to the company. I understand the company wants us to qualify - and hopefully we can do it without the help of a registry, but if we bring in the business, we should have ever right to the commission of that sale - qualified or not. My brother in law is getting married in 2 months and I've told them about the registry - because I think it's an awesome deal of course...but now I won't get any kind of credit or commission because I won't be "qualified" in time for their wedding. That just seems completely unfair.

If I'm wrong about this, please let me know but I do plan to voice my STRONG objections and concerns about this to HO.

Brooke

At least I am not the only oneThank you for the reply since I am mad also, but hope to be qualified in the next week or so. Cross your fingers. In your case since that wedding is so close I would be even more upset. It is a "catch 22" since we could get more business and get qualified if we were able to accept registries, but can't since we have to be qualified first. I have had people confirm this with me so guess we have to work harder. Good luck and let me know if you get anywhere with HO.

THanks,
Michelle Breeding (#473065)
Ind. Kitchen Consultant

I know it seems unfair to you that you can't count the registry sales toward your qualification but think of this. The whole philosophy behind PC is the wrapped up in the individual attention you give hosts and guests at a Cooking Show. Even Catalog Show (which DO count for qualifying) do not give people the essence of the experience. They want you to get in practice of booking and holding shows as soon as you can. And they only REQUIRE 4 to test the waters.

PC wants us to share the PC experience and on-line orders do not do that. They are totally impersonal. PC has decided that to qualify for incentives, even for seasoned consultants we must get at least 50% of our sales from shows - not the web. While web orders will surely enhance our businesses with extra orders and hopefully future bookings, we should be working on getting shows from other shows and through the people we meet on a daily basis.

While I personally think that if they are going to let you get a website they should let you register weddings from day one, I do agree there should be something that is held back to help give you the incentive to qualify.

I haven't qualified yet (this is my first SS Month) and I don't have the Registry link on my personal web site....

BUT

...I have been able to add wedding registries and review them under my name.

So, you can do it, but you have to do it yourself, then give the userid (their e-mail address, I think) & password to your couple-to-be and they can finish it up...modify it...whatever.

Last edited:
LindaK said:
I haven't qualified yet (this is my first SS Month) and I don't have the Registry link on my personal web site....

BUT

...I have been able to add wedding registries and review them under my name.

So, you can do it, but you have to do it yourself, then give the userid (their e-mail address, I think) & password to your couple-to-be and they can finish it up...modify it...whatever.
THANKS LINDA!!

For qualifying that! You just made a lot of new consultants happy! AND you helped us seasoned consultants too! I hadn't caught that in the "rules".

Good luck in your business!!

It didn't work with meJust wanted you all to know that I tried to make the registry myself for the couple that wants one since Linda said you could (so I was excited to try) and it didn't work with me. It said that the consultant isn't able to accept registries (meaning me). Maybe it only works for a few or those closer to qualifying. Just wanted you all to know it might not work. Great if you can. I hope to be able to accept them in a week anyway, hopefully.

Good luck,
Michelle Breeding #473065
Ind. Kitchen Consultant

mbreeding said:
Just wanted you all to know that I tried to make the registry myself for the couple that wants one since Linda said you could (so I was excited to try) and it didn't work with me. It said that the consultant isn't able to accept registries (meaning me). Maybe it only works for a few or those closer to qualifying. Just wanted you all to know it might not work. Great if you can. I hope to be able to accept them in a week anyway, hopefully.

Good luck,
Ind. Kitchen Consultant
Did you try it by logging in as yourself or as the bride? It sounded like Lilnda did it as the consultant and then had thebride finish up.

Linda,

Can you please tell us step by step what you did?

I just went to the registry and tried to sign on as the couple. I don't know how I could log on as a consultant. I was logged on the Consultant corner site, but I don't have any other option than to just click on Create a registry and I just put in the couples info and my ID # and then got the error message. Is there another way to sign on then?

Thanks,

Was able to figured it outJust wanted you all to know that I figured it out, but you have to follow the links from consultants corner for it to read you as the consultant. I then put in the couple info and it didn't ask for a consultant number this time so....now I got an email that said I had this registry under me and that when I click on my registries it works and the couple info comes up.

Give it a try to those having the same issues. If not, we just have to be qualified and hopefully that will happen for all of us to get the link on our websites.

Sorry, guess I should have included the how I did it part. Mea Culpa...

Michelle, that's how I did it, too, from the Registry link on CC.

Still UnfairThanks Beth for your feedback and for the others explaining how they got around it.. I still think it's unfair.
Beth, I totally agree that the heart of PC is the kitchen show and that should be promoted to the fullest, but there are times when a wedding is very soon, like in my brother-in-laws case, and you want to get it done quickly so that people can start buying things ASAP. Plus, what if you hold a bridal shower show as part of your SS months - but still aren't able to have the registry link etc. I just think it's not a good or fair thing for new consultants. And, as many consultants that are military wives, like myself, know - you get a lot of business from friends and family that don't live near you, so a kitchen show is completely out of the question. This is my situation. I live in VA, the bride is in OK, and the groom in HI and the actual wedding in Dallas, TX - so there's really no way I could give them a kitchen show - whether I wanted to or not. But, the point remains...if I'M the one bringing in the buying customers for the company, then I'M the one that should get credit whether it's my first day or my 150th day with PC.
That's just my opinion though and I appreciate the others that have been offered.

Brooke

Phew!I'm soooooo glad there is a way for new consultants to get those registries in!!!!

I just sent this email to "field services" ~ why doesn't everyone send in their suggestions too? Selling the "registry" business helps us all. We can entice new people to join PC - We'll have more registry business; people who've never been introduced to our products. Directors benefit fromgreater sales from their teams. A win-win.

Ok, here's my email (I didn't send all that above - maybe someone will?):

One of my friends signed up with Pampered Chef *JUST* to do registries (she loves PC but does not want to do cooking or catalog shows and does NOT care about the vacations.... I know half of your business has to come from cooking/catalog shows for vacations was my understanding). Anyways, since she does NOT like to approach people, this was the PERFECT business opportunity for her (just getting brides interested in the registry - - I signed a vendor contract with David's Bridal and will have lots of registered leads to send her way).

I just discovered from a PC consultant message board that new consultants (not qualified) can get brides registered ONLY through Consultant Corner. This seems very unfair - - if a brand new consultant entices an engaged couple to register, I think they should be able to offer them the ability to go online and register with THAT consultant (new, unqualified, etc). I also think that those sales dollars should count towards their qualifying sales. Business is business. If they aren't interested in the vacations - why should it matter if their sales are from registries. I think Pampered Chef will interest alot more people to join the company if it makes "selling the registries" a good part of the business. Introducing new people to Pampered Chef helps us ALL!

I hope this is just a glitch and that PC fixes it so ALL (new and old) can allow the brides they interest in the registry to set up their registry with *those* consultants on their own, from the comfort of home, as was intended.

Vendor AgreementNot trying to change the subject, but I have a question for you Susan...how did you do the vendor agreement with David's Bridal?? I am also an "unqulaified" consultant which makes no sense to me with or without the bridal registries (won't go into that) but I was curious about that for the future because like most of us, I think the Bridal Registries will be a gold mine.

Thanks for your help! Oh, and have you heard anything from your email to HO?

~Kristen

StrangenessI am a new consultant, in SS month 1, and I admit I find it strange that certain parts of the business are withheld from new consultants. I think there are plenty of incentives to qualify, like the SS bonuses, for example. Plus, all of us who joined before Feb. 28 are working towards a piece of the Executive Cookware, too. I signed up for a website right away and, after the March 1 design changeover, I was disappointed not to see the wedding registry link on my site. I still promote the registries on my site using one of my "news" links. I will be qualified by the end of this week, so this isn't such a big deal for me - but I don't see why registries couldn't be available right away. The stress could still be on kitchen shows (e.g., let new consultants start registries but don't let them count towards qualifying). With the registry splash in the new catalog, it seems a little awkward to expect consultants to say, "Um, yeah, we have a registry. I'll call you about it next month."

Still, in the grand scheme of things, qualifying is pretty easy. I did it in just two shows! So waiting for registries and individual web orders wasn't so hard. :)

PC Angel said:
I received a copy of The Consultant's Guide to The Wedding Registry (looks like its form #EE19) and I didn't read of any restrictions like that... if that's true, it is a bummer! Check with customer service??

I found it on page 4 in the grey section... we have to wait until qualified.

I should have qualified on Thursday, but the link is not on my site yet.

So, it isn't automatic, though I expect it will be there soon.

Also, I'm glad I can circumvent their "restriction" and have already created registries under my name and get e-mails to whatever daily activity takes place.

I read somewhere else that it takes several business days to get the link on your site. Linda, is it there yet? How many days did you have to wait after you sent in the order?

At least I'm happy to see we can at least make the registries from CC on the main website. Too bad I didn't know that a few weeks ago. One of the consultants here had a couple that is getting married in a month, and I think she had to give it to another consultant since she wasn't qualified. UPDATE: I JUST TRIED TO GO IN AND CREATE A REGISTRY THROUGH CC AND I WAS TOLD THAT I'M NOT QUALIFIED TO CREATE A REGISTRY. AM I MISSING A STEP? I WAS LOGGED IN AND WENT THROUGH THE REGISTRY LINK IN CC.

I personally feel that the registry is so new, that HO didn't put as much thought into who can have it. Maybe after all the complaints, they will rethink that decision. I do agree that if we can have a personal website, that we should be able to do the registries from them as soon as we get them. How else is it fair that we pay the same fee for the site as other qualified consultants??

That is also just MHO! This forum is great, though! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it's there now. It probably took a good 4+ business days before it showed up.

Mine only took 3 business days to show up, so at least that wasn't too long of a wait, but I still don't know how anyone that isn't qualified was doing the registries. The link only showed up in CC after I was qualified. hmmm...

mbreeding said:
I just went to the registry and tried to sign on as the couple. I don't know how I could log on as a consultant. I was logged on the Consultant corner site, but I don't have any other option than to just click on Create a registry and I just put in the couples info and my ID # and then got the error message. Is there another way to sign on then?

I think you're supposed to go to CC, then go to Personal Website Assitant, then, Work with your shows, and add the show as if you were settin gup a new Cooking Show, but selecting Wedding Shower instead. See if that works.

Hey, you have to have your own website to register the bride. I am in My SS Month and I signed up a bride last week. Went smooth on the computer!
Let me know if you have any more questions!

Brenda Robertson
Roanoke Rapids NC

I didn't have any problem, I opened my site and registered my first bride last sunday and I am in my SS month.

Brenda Robertson
Roanoke Rapids NC

You can be in SS months and still be qualified. I know, since I am qualified and in my 2nd SS month. If you do 4 shows in your first month, you can be qualified. I just don't understand how all these consultants who say they are unqualified are doing the registries when I didn't see any way that I could. I went to CC and clicked on the registry link. It took me to a screen that told me that I didn't have any registries and there was no link to create one (of course there is now, since I've become qualified), but I couldn't see any other way to create a registry without getting an error that I couldn't do it since I wasn't qualified.

Brenda, you created a registry for a bride from your website? How many shows have you done? Are you qualified? And you do not HAVE to have a website to get registries. Any qualified consultant can go through the CC link on the main PC website to monitor and/or create registries.

It's just all so new and a bit confusing. :) At least I'm qualified now! woo hoo!

What is a Wedding Registry - Qualified item?

A Wedding Registry - Qualified item is a product that has been specifically chosen and recommended by Pampered Chef as a great addition to any couple's wedding registry. These items are typically popular and highly rated products that are perfect for newlyweds.

How can I find out which items are Wedding Registry - Qualified?

You can easily identify Wedding Registry - Qualified items by looking for the “Wedding Registry - Qualified” badge on the product page. You can also filter your search results on the Pampered Chef website to only show Wedding Registry - Qualified items.

Can I add Wedding Registry - Qualified items to my registry?

Yes, you can add any Wedding Registry - Qualified items to your registry by simply clicking the “Add to Registry” button on the product page. This will automatically add the item to your registry for your guests to purchase.

Do I have to have a wedding registry to purchase Wedding Registry - Qualified items?

No, you do not have to have a wedding registry to purchase Wedding Registry - Qualified items. These items are available for anyone to purchase, but they are specially curated for couples who are creating a wedding registry.

Are there any special discounts for Wedding Registry - Qualified items?

No, there are no special discounts for Wedding Registry - Qualified items. However, these items are typically popular and highly rated, making them a great choice for any couple's wedding registry.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• yankfan24
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
TJMagoo
  • ilovpc
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Sk8Mom209
  • Stacys