• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wedding Registry/Wedding Shower

In summary, the more seasoned consultants advise pushing the registry and wedding shows as a way to get the most benefit from each event.
Sk8Mom209
Gold Member
I have questions for the more seasoned consultants out there. Last year I had two wedding shower shows and they were very successful, each well over $1000.

My questions is this. PC seems to be pushing the registry and the shower has become secondary, or so it seems to me. How are all of you approaching this. Are you offering the shower first and if not interested just pushing the registry? If interested in a show, are you holding off on the registry until after the shower - as in the past?

Both of the shower shows I had, the hosts gave all of their benefit to the bride/groom, so they really did well to stock their kitchens. I set up both couples on the registry, but only a hand for of orders (combined) were placed through the registry.

I think that I will continue to push wedding shows and then afterward set up the registry (unless only interested in registry). This way the bride can maximize the benefit from the shower and still benefit (wedding gifts) afterward from the registry. What to you all think? Is there an error in my thinking that I am not seeing?

Sk8Mom209 said:
I have questions for the more seasoned consultants out there. Last year I had two wedding shower shows and they were very successful, each well over $1000.

My questions is this. PC seems to be pushing the registry and the shower has become secondary, or so it seems to me. How are all of you approaching this. Are you offering the shower first and if not interested just pushing the registry? If interested in a show, are you holding off on the registry until after the shower - as in the past?

Both of the shower shows I had, the hosts gave all of their benefit to the bride/groom, so they really did well to stock their kitchens. I set up both couples on the registry, but only a hand for of orders (combined) were placed through the registry.

I think that I will continue to push wedding shows and then afterward set up the registry (unless only interested in registry). This way the bride can maximize the benefit from the shower and still benefit (wedding gifts) afterward from the registry. What to you all think? Is there an error in my thinking that I am not seeing?
The only error in your thinking that I see is that you "push". It's nicer to "promote". :rolleyes: Sorry... my director has brainwashed me (I was the one who always said "push").

Actually, I have been thinking the same thing. I always held off on the registry because I didn't want someone to order on the registry thinking they were buying for the shower. Since the couple will get similar benefits from both I am going to present the whole picture when we set up a shower. I will urge them to have their friends use my website for the shower so she can get DOUBLE the benefits (1st for the shower and then for the wedding). But if someone does order on the registry I will be fine with that and remind the bride and host that the bride will still get benefits from that order so it's all good.

Thanks!Beth, thanks for your input. I will promote the whole picture, and encourage showers purchases through the shower and then wedding purchases through the registry.

Thanks again, you advice is greatly appreciated.

The registry is also helpful for out-of-town folks that are too far away to attend a bridal show...but yes, also for the double benefit possibility.

Couldn't out-of-towners purchase through the show on my website?

Sk8Mom209 said:
Couldn't out-of-towners purchase through the show on my website?
YES! I include a note in my emails to the host reminding them of just that and telling them to forward that info onto the out of town folks. I also set up a news item in my website explaining how it all works and direct them to it.

Another consultant advised me that if a bride is interested in both a show and the registry - especially if her wedding is awhile off - to do the show as a "kitchen show" first (with a bridal theme if the bride wants) then after she has had a chance to get the free, etc. items from that, THEN set up the registry. That way she is able to do both and figure out what she needs after the show.

That makes since to me if the wedding isn't too soon because, as far as I know, you can't combine the two.

Just a thought...

I wasn't thinking of a combination of the two, but two ways for the couple to earn products.

Am I to understand that the same couple cannot have both a shower and a registry? If this is not so, then why call it a Kitchen show (or now its Cooking Show)...why not have a bridal shower and then later set up for a registry?

...Getting confused...

LindaK said:
I wasn't thinking of a combination of the two, but two ways for the couple to earn products.

Am I to understand that the same couple cannot have both a shower and a registry? If this is not so, then why call it a Kitchen show (or now its Cooking Show)...why not have a bridal shower and then later set up for a registry?

...Getting confused...
The couple can have both and yes I would do exactly that - do the shower and then set up the registry. UNLESS they WANT the registry set up ahead of time.

It's up to the couple, really! And with the new benefits for the registry it's not as big a deal if someone orders on the registry instead of the shower.

There's still and awful lot of confusion over the Bridal Registry but after some help from HO, here's what I'm doing for a bride, as we speak. (Write?)

I set up a Pampered Bride show so there will be gifts to open at the Bridal Shower in two weeks. I'm closing the show on Sunday to allow time for everything to arrive at the home of the bride's parents. Guests are ordering from my website for the shower.

At the completion of the shower, whatever is left on the B&G's wish list will be put on a new bridal registry.

Unless someone can come up with a better plan, that seems to work the best in this situation.

sorry to be off topic but....hey KG ......very awesome car!!!

...okay, what I don't like is that you can't combine the two....what if one person orders on the registry and its under 150...then the b&g would not benefit from it. Just think if they need like $50 to get to the next level at the bridal shower and the order on the registry was for $50. Now wouldn't that just plain suck. What I wanted to do was just have the bridal show where the customers could just order off of my website instead of doing the registry. my director was against that. I feel though that it would just being so much more benefiting to the bride. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Tiffany, I empathize with you, however, that's the price my bride (well, not MY bride, but I suppose you figured that out ;) ) will have to pay in order to have gifts to open at her shower in a couple of weeks.

If I could make one change to the registry, it would be to allow a partial shipment for special events like a bridal shower instead of holding everything for the big day itself.

Okay, if I could make a second change, everything would be gift wrapped.

Unless I missed something somewhere. I've gone through that tutorial several times and can't find anything about partial shipments or gift wrapping.

monica_sweetconsultant said:
hey KG ......very awesome car!!!
[hijack]
Thanks! (That's not a car. Sonja is a member of the family!)
[/hijack]

Maybe I'm not getting it... why wouldn't the bride have anything to open if people ordered stuff from the Registry? All orders placed on the registry are earmarked as "I" individual orders and are shipped to the address chosen as they are purchased.
Only the "benefits" products the bride has chosen after she closes her registry are all shipped together. Is that what you were talking about?

Pampered Laura said:
Maybe I'm not getting it... why wouldn't the bride have anything to open if people ordered stuff from the Registry? All orders placed on the registry are earmarked as "I" individual orders and are shipped to the address chosen as they are purchased.
Only the "benefits" products the bride has chosen after she closes her registry are all shipped together. Is that what you were talking about?
You are correct and I was incorrect. I did not pick that up from reading the tutorial so it either isn't clearly spelled out of I just zoned out trying to wade through it all.

But it still would be nice if it came gift wrapped. ;)

1. How do I set up a wedding registry with Pampered Chef?

To set up a wedding registry with Pampered Chef, simply visit our website and click on the "Registry" tab. From there, you can create a new registry and add items from our catalog to your list. You can also share your registry link with friends and family through email or social media.

2. Can I add items from other stores to my Pampered Chef wedding registry?

Unfortunately, we only allow items from our catalog to be added to our wedding registries. However, we offer a wide range of kitchen and cooking products that are perfect for newlyweds, so you're sure to find everything you need with us!

3. Do you offer discounts for items on wedding registries?

Yes, we offer a 10% discount on all items purchased from a wedding registry. This discount will automatically be applied at checkout, and it's our way of helping you start your new life together with quality kitchen products.

4. Can I make changes to my wedding registry after it has been created?

Yes, you can make changes to your wedding registry at any time. Simply log in to your account and click on the "Manage Registry" tab. From there, you can add or remove items, as well as update your shipping and contact information.

5. Do you offer gift wrapping for wedding shower gifts?

Yes, we offer complimentary gift wrapping for all items purchased from a wedding registry. Just make sure to select the gift wrapping option at checkout and we'll take care of the rest. Your gift will arrive beautifully wrapped and ready to be given at the wedding shower.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebPC
  • darlinclem
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
darlinclem
  • Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies