• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Efficient Wedding Registry & Shower Planning for Large Group Orders

In summary, if the bridal shower is for co-workers of the bride, then the host should not put the orders on one order under the bride's name, but should have each guest do their own order. This way, the guests can add something for themselves and the total cost of the order is still $60.
Tams
Gold Member
I am a fairly new consultant and had someone set-up a wedding registry a few months ago, but was uncertain as to bridal shower plans. Fast forward to today - a bridal shower has been planned for 04/21 with a large group of co-workers. Most of these co-workers would like to bring their orders to me and place one large "catalog" show order so everything is shipped to the office and they do not have to pay individual shipping costs. If I do this, would I list the bride to be as the "host" so she gets the benefit and then just update her registry manually? Are there any other issues I need to be concerned about doing it this way?

Thanks!

Are the orders for the co-workers for for the bride? If they are for the bride then yes you can just put in one order under the bride's name so that the warranty is under her name. Good thing to keep in mind is that you can only do 2 credit/debit cards per order. If they are for the co-workers themselves then I would strongly suggest not putting them on one order. By doing so it creates issues with the warranty especially if someone purchases something with a lifetime warranty or something that can break often like stoneware. They will have problems in the future when trying to take care of their returns.Yes you can manually update the registry with items purchased for the bride.

Thanks! Yes, all of the co-workers work with the bride (and me) at the same office. The orders would be for bridal shower items only (no personal orders).

I don't want to overthink this, but also want to make sure that I am doing this correctly.

Thanks again!

I personally do not like to knowingly allow customers to circumvent shipping charges. Our shipping charges are very small to begin with when in conjunction with a show, and one of the reasons is that when you have several people paying that one small charge, it adds up to enough to cover the shipping charges for the whole show.

With a Bridal Shower, the host often gifts the host benefits to the bride anyway, so by taking a large order from the office and making it a catalog show, you're actually diminishing the rewards the bride might receive. The guarantee isn't that big of a deal, because the bride will always know who the host of the show was, and with that information she will be able to take advantage of the guarantees on gifts she received at the shower.

If the coworkers want to pitch in for one larger gift (such as the cookware or the knife block set), or even buy multiple items as a group as one order, then by all means, make it one order and one shipping charge. But if there are several people who are wanting to order for themselves AND the bride, then they should each pay their own shipping charges.

I would have each guest do their own order (with the $4.50 shipping which is still less than the registry's shipping). That allows the guests to add something for themselves to get their order to $60 and get the freebie of the month.

HO knows that bridal shower gifts are purchased in other people's names and never give a bride any issue about her warranties. She can just tell HO that she received it at her shower and HO will see that it was on that show.

I always add a "guest" with all the gifts, print it and then delete it. I then go through and write who each item was from. That gives the bride a list for thank you cards too. I tell her that it isn't an official receipt (and I print it on plain paper so it even says that it isn't official but it will help her remember who's name each item was under. It also gives me the double check that I know which items need to go to the bride and which items go to the guests when sorting the show.

Thanks everyone! I am planning to list each order separately (by name of co-worker that placed the order) and then submitting all orders as a catalog show under the bride's name so each co-worker will be paying the $4.50 shipping. The idea of creating an "unofficial" listing so the bride will have a handy list for "thank you" notes is wonderful! I will definitely do this as well.

Thanks again!

1. What is the process for setting up a wedding registry with Pampered Chef?

Setting up a wedding registry with Pampered Chef is quick and easy. Simply visit our website or speak with one of our consultants to create an account and start adding items to your registry. You can also schedule a virtual or in-person party to showcase our products to your friends and family.

2. Can I add items to my registry after it's been created?

Yes, you can add items to your registry at any time. Simply log into your account and select "Manage Registry" to make any changes or additions. You can also contact your consultant for assistance with updating your registry.

3. How do I share my registry with guests?

There are a few ways to share your registry with guests. You can include a link to your registry in your wedding invitations or on your wedding website. You can also share your registry information with your bridal party or family members who can then pass it along to guests.

4. Do you offer gift wrapping for registry items?

Yes, we offer gift wrapping for registry items for an additional fee. Simply select the gift wrapping option at checkout and your item will arrive beautifully wrapped and ready to give as a gift.

5. Can I return or exchange items from my registry?

Yes, you can return or exchange items from your registry within 60 days of purchase. Simply log into your account and select "Return an Item" to initiate the process. Please note that personalized items and items purchased with a gift card cannot be returned or exchanged.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • darlinclem
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
darlinclem
  • bethcooks!