• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gift-Giving Dilemma: Wedding Present for Newly Engaged Cousin

In summary, the woman is getting married this weekend and is still debating on what gift to give her cousin who is newly engaged. She thinks it would be a good idea to get her some Simple Additions pieces from PC, but is worried about budget. She also suggests ordering it in August so she has it soon after the wedding.
GinaG623
I have a wedding to go to this weekend and I'm still debating on what gift to give. We normally would do cash but I was thinking of PC stuff. I gave her the trifle bowl at her shower and she loved it.

She didn't register with PC but who doesn't love PC lol

Anyways, her every day dishes that she received are white, so my first thought was to get several white simple addition pieces.

I would order them and have them shipped directly to her and just give a card at the wedding with a little note inside, and of course I would give a sufficient amount of stuff, not just $100 worth.

Would you do it or would you just give cash?

Thanks in advance!!!
(she is a cousin of my husbands, she is young, 30's maybe, newly engaged and just bought a place, and we only see her at family functions)

It's perfectly reasonable to give PC gifts. It would be no different than buying gifts from Bed Bath Beyond or Target for their home. Do you know where they ARE registered? Maybe you can get an idea of what she's needing/wanting from that list? But SA would be nice, or even the Bamboo bowls/platters (they'll go with ANYTHING). I don't think you can go wrong.Too bad you don't have some other orders that you can create a Catalog show from, and get her the 12" skillet for $60 with the Aug Host special!

I would make it into a show!!! :)
she has a lot of different things on her lists, i've checked. I don't see that bamboo is her type, she has more of the silver/stainless stuff on there, where some of the SA has that too.her wedding is this saturday, i was thinking of ordering it in july, hmm you think it would look funny if i waited til august? she'll have it soon after her wedding???

The reason I suggested it was because August 1st is just Monday. If you are giving her a card anyway, she won't be getting it right away (and is she going away on a honeymoon, so be mindful of that for shipping).Just depends on your budget. :) Cut out pictures of what she's getting and put it in her card maybe, and let her know it will arrive after she returns from her honeymoon.But sounds like a great plan to me. Simple Additions are great pieces too! Fun FUN!

Thanks! :)

I agree with Bobbi! You can not have too many serving pieces and ours are different. With the different sized bowls and plates and maybe a stand, she will always be able to create a wow table! Not to mention if it is ordered later, it will not have to be lugged around from wherever they open gifts to her home. It will simply end up on her door step!

1. What is an appropriate budget for a wedding gift?

When it comes to budgeting for a wedding gift, it ultimately depends on your personal financial situation and your relationship with the couple. A good rule of thumb is to spend an amount that is comfortable for you, whether that be $50 or $200. It's also important to keep in mind that the couple will likely receive many gifts, so it's the thought that counts more than the monetary value.

2. Should I stick to the registry or choose something more personal?

This is a common dilemma for many gift-givers. If the couple has a registry, it's always a good idea to choose something from it. This ensures that they will receive something they actually want or need. However, if you have a close relationship with the couple, it's also nice to include a more personal touch, such as a handwritten note or a small sentimental gift.

3. Is it appropriate to give cash as a wedding gift?

While cash can be a convenient and practical gift, it's not always the most thoughtful option for a wedding gift. However, if the couple has a honeymoon fund or has expressed a need for cash, it is acceptable to give cash as a gift. Just make sure to include a heartfelt note or card to make it more personal.

4. What if I can't attend the wedding? Do I still need to give a gift?

If you are unable to attend the wedding, it is still customary to give a gift. You can either send a gift directly to the couple or give them a gift card or cash. It's also a nice gesture to include a note explaining why you couldn't attend and your well wishes for the couple.

5. How soon should I send the gift after the wedding?

It's best to send or give the wedding gift within a few weeks after the wedding. This allows the couple to settle into their new life together and gives them time to send out thank you cards for all their gifts. If you are unable to send the gift within this timeframe, it's better to send it late than never.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sailorsarah
  • pampered.chris
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kcmckay
  • babywings76