• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Make Sure Customers Use Your Website for Orders

I always send my hosts their "direct links" to their shows and have never had any trouble with them going to someone else. Maybe it is because people don't "linger" on there...Don't forget to include your email address on everything you give out, so customers can contact you if they have any questions or problems.
beepampered
In the past month I have had someone (one of them my sister) say that they have made an outlet order but I've never seen anything show up on my activity list. I'm assuming they simply went to the corporate website and entered an order without going to my website. That means someone else got MY commission. What things do you do to ensure that your customers are using your website? Thanks for thoughts.

I order the Shop from my website anytime cards from Merrill, highlight my web address in pink and attach them to receipts whenever anyone places an order through a show.

Do you send out a newsletter with your website on it? something made up from someone else? I use Electonic Connections and what we have started doing is COMPLETELY erasing the web address template that is in there, hitting enter and retyping our own. So, if it says www. pamperedchef. biz/ yournamehere - we don't just erase 'yournamehere' we erase the whole thing. sometimes that can cause a link to someone else's site and they get an order. It has happened to my director twice. Luckily, I was one of the ones who got the order so it wasn't a big deal to get it squared away.

Last edited:
If you are using a newsletter, make sure the links are not to anywhere else except the main page of your site. Any other area of your site, the link changes into a .com and sends the customer to the corporate site and into the HO lead pool.

EVERYTHING I hand out has my website address on it and usually NOT my email address. Only my business cards have my email address on them.

A reminder that I found out the hard way is that if a customer is shopping from your website and stays on a page too long (not sure the limit 10 mins maybe). It automatically will refresh with a local director's page. I had a customer a few months ago looking at the wine glasses and had to go and get the door... a while later she went back and ordered them, with $50 worth of other things, and it was sent to a local director. I was frustrated because it was supposed to go with a fundraiser and about $90 would be great with that.... but, it went to a director in my cluster, and I ended up giving the credit anyways to the fundraiser.

I think it may have to do with cookies and sessions and the security level settings on your computer, how often it refreshes and looks for another site to link to. Mine usually defaults to the same site each time but I accept most all cookies on my computer.

I always send my hosts their "direct links" to their shows and have never had any trouble with them going to someone else. Maybe it is because people don't "linger" on there...

ChefMary412 said:
A reminder that I found out the hard way is that if a customer is shopping from your website and stays on a page too long (not sure the limit 10 mins maybe). It automatically will refresh with a local director's page. I had a customer a few months ago looking at the wine glasses and had to go and get the door... a while later she went back and ordered them, with $50 worth of other things, and it was sent to a local director. I was frustrated because it was supposed to go with a fundraiser and about $90 would be great with that.... but, it went to a director in my cluster, and I ended up giving the credit anyways to the fundraiser.

That's just WRONG! Why would PC design it that way??

1. How can I make sure my customers know about my website for ordering?

One way to promote your website for orders is to include the website address on all of your marketing materials, such as business cards, flyers, and social media pages. You can also send out email campaigns or texts to your customers reminding them to use your website for orders.

2. What can I do to make my website more user-friendly for ordering?

Make sure your website is easy to navigate and has a clear and organized layout. Include high-quality images of your products and provide detailed descriptions and pricing information. You can also offer a search bar and filters to help customers find what they are looking for quickly.

3. How can I incentivize my customers to use my website for orders?

Offer exclusive discounts or promotions for orders placed through your website. You can also provide a loyalty program or rewards system for customers who consistently use your website for orders. Additionally, make sure your website is mobile-friendly so customers can easily place orders on their smartphones.

4. Is it important to have an online ordering option for my customers?

In today's digital age, having an online ordering option is crucial for the success of any business. It allows customers to conveniently place orders at any time and from anywhere, increasing customer satisfaction and potentially driving more sales.

5. How can I track and manage orders placed through my website?

There are various online tools and software that can help you track and manage orders placed through your website. Look for options that allow you to easily view and organize orders, track inventory, and communicate with customers. Additionally, make sure to regularly check and update your website's inventory to avoid any issues with fulfilling orders.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mille
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
mille
  • BethanyN
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • susan g