• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Questions About Signing Up as a Pampered Chef Consultant

In summary, Beth is considering becoming a Pampered Chef Consultant and wants to know how the website works. She plans to use it to promote her business to friends and family who live outside her area. She asks if people who buy directly from her website would count as a show and if they would receive hostess benefits. She also asks about how commissions are paid for website orders. It is explained that initially, she can only receive orders through shows or a certain amount of sales. Later on, she can receive individual orders and commissions are paid like a regular show. It is also mentioned that she can set up an open show in her name to accumulate orders. Lastly, she is reminded not to post her website publicly or hotlink it.
ChefBeth2
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question... hope so!

Anyway, I am going to be signing up as a Pampered Chef Consultant sometime this month or next, and I want to get a website right away. I have a lot of friends through the internet, and I plan to tell family and friends about my new business and direct them to the website (these would be people who don't live in my area and couldn't come to a show). So, my question is this: if people buy directly off of my website, is it like a catalog show or not? Who would be the "hostess" and would anyone ordering directly off the website get the "hostess" benefits? Or are these just considered extra sales? How are commissions paid on orders from the website? Just curious how all this works!

Thanks to anyone who can answer my questions!

Beth in PA

Initially, you would not be able to recieve individual orders online. You have to submit your 4 shows or $1250 first. That said, if you would like to announce your business to your friends and family that are around the country, you would have to set it up as a show. Either under one of their names or as a Mystery Host. You would then submit the show as a catalog show in PP.
Later, once you have 'qualified', they could do individual orders that are not associated with a show. The commissions are paid just like any other show. There would be a separate line item on your check.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Beth,

Welcome aboard - almost. ;)

The website works two ways. First, if you set up a show with a host, you can put your host's name on the website. Guests can log in and place orders for that show. You will receive e-mail notiication and you will have to enter the order into PamperedPartner yourself. It acts as an outside order for that show.

Secondly, individuals may place orders. TPC will ship to them directly, and the sale shows up on your statement as an individual order.

Be aware that you may not post your PC website address on the internet nor allow it to be a destination on a web search, such as google or yahoo. You are not allowed to hot link your website from anywhere on the internet. It's all spelled out for you when you go to set up your site.

One other idea.I usually keep an open show with my name on it. I just set one up the first part of each month then let eveyone know it is there. This way I can tack these order onto any show I have open. It does two things. One it saves them money in the long run as the S&H on an individual order is astronomical and it helps the hosts out. The only down fall would be if you are shipping it across country. Then they loose out on the S&H savings anyway. Unless you give them a discount. No one said you can not have a show in your name. And because you need to qualify before you can even get Individual orders, this you can do right away and tell everyone to key in your name as the host.
Not a problem!

Thanks!Thanks, everyone, for explaining it to me a little better!

Beth in PA

It takes some time to get your name out there, but eventually, orders just start to appear on your website. So welcome and good luck!

1. How do I sign up as a Pampered Chef consultant?

To sign up as a Pampered Chef consultant, you can either contact a current consultant or go to our website and click on the "Join" button. From there, you will be directed to fill out an application and choose a starter kit.

2. What is included in the starter kit?

The starter kit includes a variety of our best-selling products, business supplies, and training materials. It is designed to help you get started with your Pampered Chef business.

3. Is there a fee to sign up as a consultant?

Yes, there is a one-time fee of $109 to sign up as a consultant. This fee covers the cost of your starter kit and ongoing support and training from our company.

4. Do I need any experience in sales or cooking to become a Pampered Chef consultant?

No, you do not need any prior experience in sales or cooking to become a Pampered Chef consultant. We provide all the necessary training and support to help you succeed.

5. What are the benefits of becoming a Pampered Chef consultant?

Some benefits of becoming a Pampered Chef consultant include the ability to work from home, flexible hours, discounted products, and the opportunity to earn commissions and bonuses. You'll also have the support of a community of other consultants and access to ongoing training and resources.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Cook1