• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover Our Pampered Chef Business as 2 Cooking Moms - Learn More!

In summary, the name "2 Cooking Moms" was approved by PC, but it is now a requirement that the name be in the PWS address. If you have already created your PWS address, you are fine. If you haven't created your PWS address, you will need to create it and include your name.
1PamperedMommy
Gold Member
My mom and I joined forces and became "2 Cooking Moms", which is our pampered chef business. I used this name to create our email address and personal website address (/2cookingmoms). However, the other day I was looking through the rules and saw that it says you're supposed to have your name in your PWS address. Is this a hardfast rule, or do you think it will be okay to keep the name we've been advertising? I don't want to change it since we have labels printed up and have them on all of our catalogs and have really put it out there to our customers. If we have to change it, how would you get it across to everyone so people don't visit an incorrect website address?:confused:

I don't remember anything in the rules saying that it has to have your name in the address. I use my name, because that makes it easy for my customers to find me, but I know a lot of consultants don't use their name.

Did Pampered Chef approve your PWS name? If so don't worry about it.

Wow. I went to look, and sure enough it does say that now. It also says that you will be contacted to change it if you are found to be in violation of the rules. Whether they will or will not actually do that, I don't know. All I can say is that it's easier to change it now than later.

1PamperedMommy said:
My mom and I joined forces and became "2 Cooking Moms", which is our pampered chef business. I used this name to create our email address and personal website address (/2cookingmoms). However, the other day I was looking through the rules and saw that it says you're supposed to have your name in your PWS address. Is this a hardfast rule, or do you think it will be okay to keep the name we've been advertising? I don't want to change it since we have labels printed up and have them on all of our catalogs and have really put it out there to our customers. If we have to change it, how would you get it across to everyone so people don't visit an incorrect website address?:confused:

Do you already have your website from PC? If so, then the name was obviously approved, and you're fine.

There is something in the newer consultant policy guide, but I think there was a certain point where that was not a rule because I don't use my name because its so long. I think after a certain date it became a requirement.

I don't remember the rules stating that either about having your name in the address, but I trust you that you saw that.
However, if you have already created it, if it were me, I would leave it as is unless notified otherwise. I highly doubt that if that is a "rule", that HO is going to police it that thoroughly.....I would think they have better things to police than what we name our PWS.
IMHO ;)

oops, just saw that it truly is a rule.
still, if it were me, I'd leave it unless notified by HO.

They set up that rule so that people wouldn't use things like "online store" and such that might make traffic go there at random. It is preferred that we use our name but I know lots of people who don't - both seasoned and new. If it gets approved it's okay.

interesting ... mine kind of has my name, but not really. I'm not going to worry about it unless I hear something from HO.
/cookingwithdot

Thanks everyone! You all answered so quickly! I think I will leave it as-is for now, since other people have PWS addresses without their names. I am truly loving this forum! You guys are all so great :D

I didn't use my name but that was 4 years ago. I had noticed the PWS change when they updated the Consultant Policy Guide.
I am with the others...if HO let it go then it must be OK.

What is the purpose of Website Name?

Website Name is a platform designed for Pampered Chef consultants to manage their business and connect with customers. It allows consultants to create personal websites, track orders and sales, and access training and marketing materials.

How do I sign up for a Website Name account?

To sign up for a Website Name account, you must be a Pampered Chef consultant. Simply go to the Website Name website and click on the "Sign Up" button. You will be prompted to enter your consultant ID and personal information. Once your account is set up, you can log in and start customizing your website.

Can I customize my Website Name website?

Yes, you can customize your Website Name website to fit your personal brand and business needs. You can choose from a variety of templates, add your own photos and content, and even create a personalized URL. Website Name also offers marketing materials and tools to help you promote your business.

How do I track my sales and orders on Website Name?

Website Name has a built-in sales and order tracking feature that allows you to keep track of your customers' purchases and orders. You can view reports and analytics to see your sales performance and track your progress towards your business goals.

Is there a fee for using Website Name?

There is a monthly fee for using Website Name, which covers the cost of hosting and maintaining the platform. However, this fee is often waived for new consultants or can be covered by hosting a certain amount of parties or events. Contact your Pampered Chef consultant or customer service for more information on fees and promotions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
  • magentablue