• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Changing Cable Providers: Web-Based Email Options for Businesses

In summary, the conversation revolved around discussing email providers for business purposes, specifically for sending newsletters. Some of the popular choices mentioned were Yahoo, Gmail, and iContact. While some users were satisfied with their current provider, others were considering switching due to limitations such as sending newsletters in multiple groups or dealing with advertisements. There were also mentions of using email programs like Outlook to manage emails and the importance of spam filters. The cost of iContact was also brought up, with one user stating it was too expensive for their needs. Finally, there was a question about compatibility between Yahoo and Outlook, which was clarified as needing a paid version of Yahoo for full functionality.
beepampered
My husband wants to change our cable provider but my email is associated with them. I don't want to change. Do any of you use a web-based email for your business. Which one? What do you like? Not like? Can/do you send newsletters with any success from it? Thanks!

I've had yahoo from the get go. The only problem is that I have to send my newsletter in 2 groups and have to wait an hour between each mailing. Other then that...no problems or bounce backs!

I don't use it for my PC biz, but I have gmail, and I really like it. You can use an email program on your computer to send/receive, without having to upgrade to a paid account. They also have great spam filters.

I use Yahoo, but chose to pay the yearly fee to keep from having advertisements on the bottom of my e-mails. So far, no complaint. I also use iContact for newsletters, so I have no experience with sending bulk e-mails through Yahoo. Sorry!

I am a big fan of gmail. I can forward my Gmail(PC) address to my work email and keep up with things.

Don't forget you can sign up for a CS e-mail account!

I use Gmail. I have my Outlook set up to download the messages, but I've been lazy lately and just using the web version. The spam filter is great, and the search feature is nice. I use iContact to send my newsletter so I can't say about newsletter functionality.

For those who use yahoo to send there newsletters, how do you know you don't get any bounce's??

I use hotmail and have been very happy with it from the start. They expanded the storage. I do pay a nominal fee like $15/year for a few extras like downloading big attachments and whatnot.

I use Gmail through Outlook and use iContact for my newsletter.

Thanks for your thoughts. How much does iContact cost for you? I looked at the prices and figured it would cost $20-30 a month. That's a lot more than I want to spend to send one newsletter a month. Thanks.....

DebbieJ said:
I use Gmail through Outlook and use iContact for my newsletter.

I have tried to make my newsletter in Word, but when I send it from my Outlook to my yahoo it never makes it to yahoo:( Does yahoo & Outlook not work together or am I just missing something?

BTW, has Little Cheffer #2 made his/her appearance yet?

I use aol with outlook, had a little trouble with getting my e-mail out at first when sending a newsletter, but not anymore.

1234blessed said:
I have tried to make my newsletter in Word, but when I send it from my Outlook to my yahoo it never makes it to yahoo:( Does yahoo & Outlook not work together or am I just missing something?

I think you have to upgrade to a paid version of Yahoo in order to have functionality with Outlook.

1. What are the benefits of using web-based email options for businesses?

There are several benefits to using web-based email options for businesses. First, they provide a professional email address that is linked to your business's domain name, rather than a generic email address from a cable provider. This can help establish credibility and trust with customers. Additionally, web-based email options often have more storage space and better security features than cable provider email services. They also allow for easy access to emails from any device with internet access, making it convenient for employees who are frequently on-the-go.

2. Will I lose all my old emails if I switch to a web-based email option?

No, most web-based email options offer the ability to import old emails and contacts from other email services. This means that you can transfer all of your important emails and contacts to your new web-based email account. However, it is important to check with your chosen email provider to ensure that they offer this feature before switching.

3. Can I use my current email address with a web-based email option?

Yes, many web-based email options allow you to use your current email address as your sender address. This means that you can continue to use your existing email address for business communications, but with the added features and benefits of a web-based email service. However, some providers may require you to create a new email address with their domain name.

4. Can I access my web-based email on my mobile device?

Yes, most web-based email options have mobile apps or a mobile-friendly website that allows you to access your emails on your smartphone or tablet. This makes it easy for you to stay connected and respond to important emails even when you are away from your computer.

5. How much does it cost to switch to a web-based email option for my business?

The cost of switching to a web-based email option for your business can vary depending on the provider and the features you need. Some providers offer free email services, while others may charge a monthly or yearly fee. It is important to research and compare different options to find the best fit for your business needs and budget.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lilamyw3
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • heather223
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Mary