1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Webbased Email

1. beepampered

beepampered Veteran Member

My husband wants to change our cable provider but my email is associated with them. I don't want to change. Do any of you use a web-based email for your business. Which one? What do you like? Not like? Can/do you send newsletters with any success from it? Thanks!

Sep 14, 2009
  2. erinyourpclady

erinyourpclady Veteran Member Gold Member

I've had yahoo from the get go. The only problem is that I have to send my newsletter in 2 groups and have to wait an hour between each mailing. Other then that...no problems or bounce backs!

3. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

I don't use it for my PC biz, but I have gmail, and I really like it. You can use an email program on your computer to send/receive, without having to upgrade to a paid account. They also have great spam filters.

Sep 15, 2009
  4. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

I use Yahoo, but chose to pay the yearly fee to keep from having advertisements on the bottom of my e-mails. So far, no complaint. I also use iContact for newsletters, so I have no experience with sending bulk e-mails through Yahoo. Sorry!

Sep 15, 2009
  5. otisbg

otisbg Advanced Member Gold Member

I am a big fan of gmail. I can forward my Gmail(PC) address to my work email and keep up with things.

Sep 15, 2009
  6. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

Don't forget you can sign up for a CS e-mail account!

Sep 15, 2009
  7. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

I use Gmail. I have my Outlook set up to download the messages, but I've been lazy lately and just using the web version. The spam filter is great, and the search feature is nice. I use iContact to send my newsletter so I can't say about newsletter functionality.

Sep 15, 2009
  8. Shell Northway

Shell Northway Member

For those who use yahoo to send there newsletters, how do you know you don't get any bounce's??

9. scottcooks

scottcooks Veteran Member Gold Member

I use hotmail and have been very happy with it from the start. They expanded the storage. I do pay a nominal fee like $15/year for a few extras like downloading big attachments and whatnot.

Sep 15, 2009
  10. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

I use Gmail through Outlook and use iContact for my newsletter.

Sep 15, 2009
  11. beepampered

beepampered Veteran Member

Thanks for your thoughts. How much does iContact cost for you? I looked at the prices and figured it would cost $20-30 a month. That's a lot more than I want to spend to send one newsletter a month. Thanks.....

Sep 16, 2009
  12. 1234blessed

1234blessed Novice Member

I have tried to make my newsletter in Word, but when I send it from my Outlook to my yahoo it never makes it to yahoo:( Does yahoo & Outlook not work together or am I just missing something?

BTW, has Little Cheffer #2 made his/her appearance yet?

Sep 16, 2009
  13. gwyn26

gwyn26 Novice Member

I use aol with outlook, had a little trouble with getting my e-mail out at first when sending a newsletter, but not anymore.

Sep 16, 2009
  14. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

I think you have to upgrade to a paid version of Yahoo in order to have functionality with Outlook.

Sep 16, 2009
Have something to add?