• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Update: Linking Your Personal Web Site Homepage Only

In summary, the HO is changing the way that Personal Web Sites work. You will only be able to provide a direct link to your homepage from now on. Links from newsletters or other electronic media will no longer work. This change is designed to support the Terms of Use of your Personal Web Sites.
JeannePaff
Yesterday I received this message from the HO. It was sent to all personal web site subscribers. It appears they are now letting us link our home pages but nothing else. Do you read it that way too?

Dear Personal Web Site Subscriber:

Online ordering is a wonderful asset to your business. We wanted to make you
aware of a change being made to the Personal Web Sites. Starting today, you will only be able to provide a direct link to your homepage. You will no longer be able to link to any other page of your Personal Web Site. This change supports the Terms of Use of your Personal Web Sites.

Personal Web Sites are meant to be an informational source for our customers and hosts. They are personalized showcases of your businesses and everything they have to offer — from products to our opportunity. They also provide helpful tools that support your Kitchen Shows, such as electronic invitations and wish lists. Directing hosts and customers to your homepage will open them up to the bigger picture and opportunities available from your business.

Please note, when this change is enacted, links to pages other than the Personal Web Site’s home page will result in an error message being received by the potential customer.

Your Personal Web Site Support Team​

Last edited:
I interpret it to mean that if you have been giving links to people that go directly to any page on your website (other than your main page), your guests will receive an error message.

It seems that they want to force people to see the main page...so that they have to see the business opportunity, the hosting opportunity, the book buying opportunity, etc. and then navigate your site from that point.

I understand about the navigation of our sites, and it's probably a good idea. I've seen some "sponsored ads" on Google that shoot straight to the online catalog, bypassing the consultant's home page. I always put my home page address on my business cards and newsletters.

But I'm not sure this message was about business cards and newsletters. It specifically talked about internet links.

It was sent to everyone with a personal web site, not just executive directors. EDs have been been allowed to list in search engines as a perk of their position, but this didn't talk about search engines. It talked about links. So I am hoping it is a change in policy.

Why should (most) consultants be required to hide their web sites from online customers?

when I refer to "links" I am referring to internet links...the kind where you click on it and it sends you somewhere.

From other posts that I have read, people are attaching links from their newsletters to particular pages on their website...as per the email from HO, this will no longer be possible.

Basically, anytime and everytime that you provide an electronic link to your website you will only be able to access the main page.

With regards to your question: Why should (most) consultants be required to hide their web sites from online customers?
Advertising your website is different issue than providing links that the email msg referred to....but, I think they just don't want to lose the personal connection that website advertising can develop into.

There is some more interesting discussion of this topic over in this thread.

1. How do I link my personal website homepage on my Pampered Chef page?

To link your personal website homepage on your Pampered Chef page, follow these steps:

• Click on "My Account" in the top right corner of the page.
  • Scroll down to the "Personal Web Site" section.
  • Click on "Edit" next to "Homepage Only."
  • Enter the URL of your personal website homepage in the designated field.
  • Click "Save Changes."

2. Can I link multiple personal websites on my Pampered Chef page?

Unfortunately, at this time, you can only link one personal website homepage on your Pampered Chef page. If you have multiple websites, we recommend choosing the one that you use most frequently and linking it on your Pampered Chef page.

3. How can I customize the appearance of the link to my personal website?

To customize the appearance of the link to your personal website, follow these steps:

• Under the "Link Text" field, enter the text that you want to display for your personal website link.
  • Click "Save Changes."

4. Will my personal website link be visible to customers?

Yes, your personal website link will be visible to customers on your Pampered Chef page. This allows them to easily access your personal website and shop directly with you.

5. How can I remove or change my personal website link on my Pampered Chef page?

To remove or change your personal website link on your Pampered Chef page, follow these steps:

• To remove the link, simply delete the URL from the designated field.
  • To change the link, enter the new URL in the designated field.
  • Click "Save Changes."

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lilamyw3
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • chefann
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
LibrarianChef