• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Weather and the "Spring" Event.

In summary, the conversation is about concerns regarding the upcoming Spring Launch at Tinley Park and the unpredictable winter weather conditions. The speaker suggests the possibility of holding the Spring Launch locally and traveling for the Fall Launch in order to avoid potential travel hazards. They also suggest sending out a DVD and materials for consultants who are unable to attend due to weather, instead of losing their registration fee.
chefjeanine
Gold Member
We now know some accommodations will be made but perhaps we can get things changed for the future. I know that I'm not the only one concerned about trying to get to Feast tomorrow. Probably will NOT attend. My friend called and spoke with someone in Career Solutions. They encouraged her to send an e-mail to [email protected] to voice her concerns. A copy of her e-mail is below. If YOU have concerns, please voice them to the Home Office. . .in your own words. We have had crazy driving conditions for the past 3 years. We need a new plan.

I am contacting you regarding Spring Launch at Tinley Park tomorrow. I have a group of 12 women planning to drive in from Kalamazoo at 6am tomorrow. As I'm sure you're aware, a bad winter storm is supposed to be coming up from the south dumping several inches of snow the entire day. These are determined Pampered Chef women who want to attend. My concern is safety and white outs on I-94. It's been brutal and this storm looks no different. We've experienced treacherous travel before (Toledo, Novi) and at some point it's just not worth the risk.

I know March 1st is Spring at The Pampered Chef and Launch needs to be done at this time of year when travel is so unpredictable. I guess I am asking that you would re-think previous positions on Spring Launch. Is it possible to send a DVD of a (or any) Spring Launch meeting and/or at least the materials and products we would have received to the Director for those who are not able to get there due to weather? They don't want their money back, they just don't want to miss out. I think this would encourage higher registration. Many of my group didn't register due to the possibility of bad weather and losing their registration fee.

Last year, Directors held the Fall Launch meetings in August. Maybe in the future, we could hold the Spring Launch meeting locally, and travel in August for the Fall. Thank you for your consideration and for all you do.

Sincerely,

Jenna

I totally agree.....let's do fall launch and spring at our director's meetings. Makes more sense. They could always do leadership in the winter to announce new spring products like they used to do.

Here's my e-mail. I started with the original, but edited to fit my circumstances. In reality, I was not planning on going. My son's school is reorganizing and closing two elementary schools. Even though he attends one of the remaining schools, there is no preference given to students at the remaining schools to be fair to students who must switch. Registration for next year was this morning. In order to get him into the building I wanted, I needed to be there as my husband was on mandatory overtime.

I am writing concernig Spring Launch at Tinley Park and spring/fall launches in general. As I'm sure you're aware, a bad winter storm is coming up from the south dumping several inches of snow the entire day. My concern is safety and white outs for all the consultants as they are driving to or from the meeting. It's been a brutal winter and this storm looks no different. We've experienced treacherous travel before and at some point it's just not worth the risk.

March 1st is Spring at The Pampered Chef and Launch needs to be done at this time of year in order to accomplish that. Last summer, Directors held the Fall Launch meetings in August. I am asking that you re-think the scheduling of Spring Launches. Weatherwise, it makes more sense to hold the Spring Launch meeting locally, and travel in July/August for the Fall.

It would also be nice if you must insist on winter launches to re-think your attendance policy. Why not send out a DVD and materials to consultants who miss their Spring Launch meeting and/or at least the materials and products they would have received to their Director if they were not able to get there due to weather? For consultants who registered and made plans to travel only to cancel them due to safety concerns when driving, it's safe to assume they don't want their money back, they just don't want to miss out. I think this would encourage higher registration. Many consultants I know didn't register due to the possibility of bad weather and losing their registration fee.

Thank you for your consideration and for all you do.

What is the "Spring" event all about?

The "Spring" event is a celebration of the arrival of spring season. It usually includes various activities, events, and festivals that highlight the beauty and freshness of the season.

What kind of weather can be expected during the "Spring" event?

The weather during the "Spring" event can vary depending on the location. Generally, it is characterized by mild temperatures, occasional rain showers, and blooming flowers.

What are some popular outdoor activities during the "Spring" event?

Some popular outdoor activities during the "Spring" event include picnics, hiking, gardening, and attending outdoor festivals and concerts. It is a great time to enjoy the outdoors and soak in the beauty of nature.

Are there any precautions to take regarding weather during the "Spring" event?

Yes, it is always a good idea to check the weather forecast before attending any outdoor events during the "Spring" event. It is also advisable to bring a light jacket or umbrella in case of unexpected rain showers.

How does the "Spring" event impact the overall weather patterns?

The "Spring" event usually marks the transition from winter to summer, therefore it can impact the overall weather patterns by bringing warmer temperatures and more sunshine. It can also bring about changes in wind patterns and precipitation levels.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• frozenchef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Poll
  • chefann
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefann