• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

We Lost Another One - Patrick Swayze

In summary, Patrick Swayze died from pancreatic cancer at the age of 57. He was an actor known for his roles in Ghost, Dirty Dancing, and To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar. He was married to actress Lisa Ercolani and they had two children.
Melissa78
Gold Member
Add yet another one to the list of celebrity deaths in such a short period of time. Today we lost Patrick Swayze at the age of 57 after his courageous battle with pancreatic cancer. :cry:

Lest not forget:
"Nobody puts Baby in the corner."

RIP Patrick

Man, the list of lost celeberties this year is SAD! :(

He had a lot of class right up to the end. My all time favorite role of his is Vida in To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar. He played the perfect combo of drag queen and protector.

I'll have to check that movie out, never even heard of it. I could play the role of Baby though in DD for as many times as I have seen it.

Melissa78 said:
I'll have to check that movie out, never even heard of it. I could play the role of Baby though in DD for as many times as I have seen it.

So could I Melissa! I loved that movie and Patrick Swayze.

My Mom just told me a little while ago. He was very strong, he and his wife.

Just very sad.

Kelly V.

Pancreatic cancer is a death sentence. lucky to have him with us for the 20 months after he was diagnosed. Every time Dirty Dancing is on TV, I still watch it. Ghost too! just so sad.

I just read that he & his wife were married in 1975 and that they met when he was 19 and she was 15.

I loved watching his movies. Ghost & Dirty Dancing are my two favorites.

Melissa78 said:

it's not for the kiddies...it's about a trio of drag queens who are stranded in a small town on their way to hollywood. there are a lot of challenging issues in the movie, like domestic abuse and of course homophobia. it's mostly funny, a little sad, and renews one's faith in the inherent goodness of most people.

doughmama said:
Pancreatic cancer is a death sentence. lucky to have him with us for the 20 months after he was diagnosed. Every time Dirty Dancing is on TV, I still watch it. Ghost too! just so sad.

That is VERY True! My freind was diagnosed with it last year and only had 2 months after diagnosis.:(

One of my favorite actors. the Julie Newmar film was on location about 20 miles from where I lived in eastern Nebraska. I never got the chance to go watch them film.I also loved Ghost and Dirty Dancing. such a tragic loss.bummed,

heat123 said:
That is VERY True! My freind was diagnosed with it last year and only had 2 months after diagnosis.:(

So sorry to hear about your friend. We lost my father in law to pancreatic cancer - we were lucky to have him for 10 months after his diagnosis. hopefully a cure is found soon.

What was Patrick Swayze's cause of death?

Patrick Swayze passed away on September 14, 2009 from pancreatic cancer. He was 57 years old.

How did Patrick Swayze's death impact the entertainment industry?

Patrick Swayze's death was a great loss to the entertainment industry. He was a beloved actor, dancer, and singer, known for his iconic roles in films such as Dirty Dancing and Ghost. His passing was mourned by fans and fellow celebrities alike.

Did Patrick Swayze continue to work while battling cancer?

Despite his diagnosis, Patrick Swayze continued to work on projects, including the TV series The Beast. He also wrote and released his memoir, "The Time of My Life," with his wife, Lisa Niemi, in 2009.

What was Patrick Swayze's legacy?

Patrick Swayze's legacy lives on through his impactful performances, his contributions to the arts, and his advocacy for pancreatic cancer research. He will always be remembered as a talented and passionate artist.

What is the Patrick Swayze Pancreas Cancer Research Fund?

The Patrick Swayze Pancreas Cancer Research Fund was established in honor of Patrick Swayze's memory. It supports research for early detection, improved treatments, and a cure for pancreatic cancer. Donations can be made through the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
susanr613
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • chefjeanine
  • General Chat
Replies