• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Moving to Kentucky: Consulting Market Research

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of moving to Kentucky and the concerns about the number of consultants in the state. It is mentioned that there are a significant number of consultants, but it is also noted that success in the business is determined by one's own efforts and not the number of consultants in the area. The conversation ends with a positive sentiment towards moving to Kentucky.
apamperedone
We are thinking of moving to Ky. How many consultants are there in the state? We would be some where between Louisville and Lexington. If it is too saturated I was considering giving up my business.

Wow - wish you hadn't used the abbreviation for Kentucky...thought this was going to be a different kind of thread!

cmdtrgd said:
Wow - wish you hadn't used the abbreviation for Kentucky...thought this was going to be a different kind of thread!

LOL! Yeah, gives a whole new meaning to Kentucky huh? ;) :rolleyes:

HA HA! I know I thought the same thing too!
WOW...guess we just have dirty minds....LOL

apamperedone said:
We are thinking of moving to Ky. How many consultants are there in the state? We would be some where between Louisville and Lexington. If it is too saturated I was considering giving up my business.

Greater than 1 and less than 100,000. :D

cmdtrgd said:

Me too! I had to click to see what this conversation was about, haha!

jrstephens said:
Me too! I had to click to see what this conversation was about, haha!
That's what I'm talking about!! LOL! Wow, I thought there was going to be a lot of crazy talking going on here!:D :eek: :blushing:

apamperedone said:
If it is too saturated I was considering giving up my business.

I wouldn't even consider that - PC is what you make it. Consultants come and go all the time. You just have to get out there and meet people and let the cooking shows build on the cooking shows. There are people in more remote areas than me that have sales 10 times mine.

cmdtrgd said:

*giggle* me too.

janetupnorth said:
I wouldn't even consider that - PC is what you make it. Consultants come and go all the time. You just have to get out there and meet people and let the cooking shows build on the cooking shows. There are people in more remote areas than me that have sales 10 times mine.

I agree with this. There may be a 'high concentration' in terms of population of consultants but you don't know how they're working their business and another could be just what the area needs.

janetupnorth said:
I was getting ready to say the same thing...I moved into a neighborhood with many consultants. I'm just talking about the neighborhood too. On my street there was a consultant (I live on a Cul-de-sac) and down the road a Director and an Advanced...I'm doing quite well in our new location and so are they. It is all what you want from it and how important PC is to you.

WOW, I thought the same thing for the thread title... now it's just a matter of time before KG starts his parody thread lol

at least she didn't capitalize the "Y"....but I sure thought "why is someone talking about Ky under bookings?????" That would have been really intreresting!

looks like you are the only cheffer------go for it!!!Here is how David and I explain it---in every house there is a kitchen----Just because there is 1,000 new Dr's everyday doesn't mean the don't go for it=Moving is a blessing in this biz----

HA! I'm from Kentucky, so I didn't automatically think of anything else!!!

I have no idea as to the number of constultants there, and I won't be moving back until hubby retires from the AF in 2013, so don't count me just yet! :)

As for being saturated... don't ever let that influence you!! I live on an AFB in Okinawa. Our customers are limited (only Americans), and there are LOTS of consultants, and my business has blossomed in the past 8 months. Customers choose their consultants... that is the one thing I've learned.

BTW... enjoy Kentucky!! I SO wish I could move back there now.

apamperedone said:
I actually wasn't thinking dirty. I was thinking Kentucky! Get your minds out of the gutter!:love: :D :blushing:

apamperedone said:

I live in Louisville, KY and just started my business in Oct. I don't know many people outside of the "family circle" due to the fact that I am not from here (my husband is). I've had a slow start, but am expecting things to pick up at the end of this month due to two shows that will bring guests from outside of the normal circle.

If I can do it living in this big city, you can surely do it living somewhere between the two big cities. Don't give up!! I wish you the best!!:)

apamperedone said:

Oh my gosh!! I just realized that you are in Lisbon. I am actually from up your way! I was raised in Chester, WV and have a few family members in Lisbon.

Word of advice, GET OUT OF THAT AREA!! LOL You'll love Kentucky!!

LOL I was wondering :rolleyes: what that had to to with PC ~ even The Kitchen Guy :chef: is tongue-tied on this one! :D

Hehe......when I first learned about KY it was in the context of using it in stage makeup as a freshman in college. I had no idea what it was or what it was used for. I went to my roommate and told her I needed to get K2 jelly - she has never let me forget that one! :D

Glad to see I wasn't the only one wondering what in the world Ky was supposed to stand for.
Back to the reason for the thread. Often while driving to town or sitting at a stop light, I will think to myself as cars pass by "I bet that person would love to have a show.", "I bet that person doesn't have a PC consultant.", "that person looks nice. She would probably love to know that the stones are 20% off this month." KWIM? I just don't think it's possible for the market to be saturated. There has to be so many people who haven't been asked.

Kitchen2u said:
LOL I was wondering :rolleyes: what that had to to with PC ~ even The Kitchen Guy :chef: is tongue-tied on this one! :D
I am absolutely NOT going to type what I was thinking about typing for this comment! LMAO!!!!

The first 6 years of my business were in Louisville. When I first started there were about 10 directors that I knew of...lots of consultants that attended our regional meetings. I had NO trouble getting bookings and working my business.

I moved to Macon 3 years ago and according to the home office I was the ONLY director in this town. I have struggled EVERY month to get bookings. Macon is about one-third the size of Louisville.

I really don't think there is such a thing as saturation in an area. It's all in who you can meet and in your attitude. In the past 9 years I've been amazed at how many people will come to a show and book after attending many other shows and not booking. I think it's all in how you connect with your guests.

There are some FABULOUS directors in the Louisville and Frankfort area (Chefgirl2 is one of them). Feel free to PM me or her with more detailed questions or to hook you up with hospitality.

I live in a small community (7000 +/-) and there are at least 7 consultants actively working and I haven't had any trouble building my business.

P.S. You will love KENTUCKY!! It is a gorgeous state!!

elizabethfox said:
HA HA! I know I thought the same thing too!
WOW...guess we just have dirty minds....LOL
::::so glad I am not the only one whose mind went "there"::::::::rolleyes:

dannyzmom said:
::::so glad I am not the only one whose mind went "there"::::::::rolleyes:
Carolyn, I just knew your mind would go there!:p :p :D ;)

pamperedlinda said:
I am absolutely NOT going to type what I was thinking about typing for this comment! LMAO!!!!

LMAO Linda ~ no pun intended on that comment! :blushing:

You will LOVE Kentucky! I am in between Lexington and Louisville and I have a wonderful director. She was one of the speakers at General Session at Conference last year. We were so proud of her! So, if you need a hospitality director, let me know. Where exactly are you thinking of moving too?

Hi...I as one of the other ladys said am from Ky and it never crossed my mind you ment other wise lol.....I am from a very small town and moved one town over when I got married....I am working my business from my hometown which is where my recruiter lives (she also works for my DH cousin the C.J.E. LOL small world) anyway coming from such a small town everyone seems to know everyones business and until January I didn't even know my recruiter was selling PC again and I went to a PC party 2 weeks ago (before I signed) and the concultant there was from Lexington and said there was a major need in this town for PC Consultants because she had done several shows there in the last month....so it goes to show you there is plenty of need everywhere for us!

1. How many consultants are there in the state of Kentucky?

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there are approximately 6,600 management consultants in Kentucky as of May 2020. However, this number may vary depending on the specific industry and location within the state.

2. Is the consulting market in Kentucky saturated?

The consulting market in Kentucky is not considered to be oversaturated. While there may be a significant number of consultants in larger cities like Louisville and Lexington, there is still room for new businesses and consultants to enter the market and find success.

3. Are there any specific industries that have a high demand for consultants in Kentucky?

Some of the industries that have a high demand for consultants in Kentucky include healthcare, manufacturing, and financial services. However, this can vary depending on the current economic climate and specific needs of businesses in the state.

4. What is the average salary for consultants in Kentucky?

The average salary for consultants in Kentucky varies depending on their specific field and level of experience. According to Glassdoor, the average base salary for a management consultant in Kentucky is around $82,000 per year.

5. Will moving to Kentucky affect the success of my consulting business?

Moving to Kentucky should not significantly affect the success of your consulting business as long as you have a solid business plan and a strong understanding of the local market. It may be beneficial to network with other consultants and businesses in the area to gain insights and potential clients in your new location.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• andi330
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Lani
  • cttdbreeves
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
kittychef
  • Diane L Perkins