• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

We Are Looking Into Getting a Gps, but Are so Overwhelmed W/ the

In summary, choosing the right GPS involves considering your specific needs and preferences, researching different brands and models, and reading reviews. Most GPS devices should work in most areas, but it's always a good idea to check the coverage map. GPS devices do not require an internet connection to function, but it may be necessary for certain features. It's recommended to update your GPS at least once a year, but more frequent updates may be necessary depending on your usage. There are various types of GPS devices with different features and capabilities, so it's important to research and compare to find the best fit for your needs.
babywings76
Gold Member
We are looking into getting a GPS, but are so overwhelmed w/ the options. We are leaning towards a Garmin, but all the models are hard to compare side by side.

Anyone have any advice?

Re: Gps?Go to google.com and enter this string:gps site:chefsuccess.comTake your pick. There are ten pages of thread listings up here about this very topic.

Re: Gps?we have two: a Garmin in my dh's car and an older magellan in mine. Love them both, but prefer the garmin

Re: Gps?I have a Magellan we got for a great deal last fall. I don't know any different so there's probably much better ones but I'm thrilled with my Madge :)

Re: Gps?We have a Garmin and it's worked great!

Re: Gps?I have a Garmin and it works great here in Atlantic Canada!

Re: Gps?I have a TomTom and love it - very easy to use.

My boss said TomTom's are more user friendly but Garmins are good too! I don't think you could go wrong w/either of these brands.

I got mine for Christmas. My parents bought it from QVC for a really good price plus easy pay (several months to pay for it). I know because I called my Mom and told her I wanted it:)!

Re: Gps?We have a Garmin. I love it! We got ours on clearance from Circuit City (they were/are going out of business.) My mom and step dad have a TomTom and they love it. I prefer our Garmin though.

Re: Gps?We have a Garmin Nuvi and we love it.

1. How do I know which GPS is right for me?

Choosing the right GPS depends on your specific needs and preferences. Consider what features are important to you, such as voice commands, live traffic updates, or a large screen. Research different brands and models, and read reviews to narrow down your options.

2. Will a GPS work in all areas?

The majority of GPS devices use satellite signals to determine your location, so they should work in most areas. However, in remote or mountainous regions, the signal may be weaker or non-existent. It's always a good idea to check the coverage map for the specific GPS you are considering.

3. Can I use a GPS without an internet connection?

Yes, most GPS devices do not require an internet connection to function. However, if you want live traffic updates or to search for points of interest, you will need an internet connection. Some GPS devices also offer offline maps that can be downloaded for use without an internet connection.

4. How often do I need to update my GPS?

It's recommended to update your GPS at least once a year to ensure you have the most recent maps and software. However, if you frequently travel to new areas or rely heavily on live traffic updates, more frequent updates may be necessary.

5. Are all GPS devices the same?

No, there are various types of GPS devices with different features and capabilities. Some may be designed specifically for driving, while others may be geared towards outdoor activities like hiking. It's important to research and compare different GPS devices to find the one that best fits your needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kodeysmom
  • DZmom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
  • tvwalsh72
  • General Chat
Replies