• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Relocating a Business in Georgia: A Military Family's Journey

But, like you, I'll definitely need to get involved in some other groups or organizations to get the word out there. Thanks for the advice!
Christyinhi
We are a military family and my dh will be retireing in Feb. We are planning on buying a house in Georgia. Has anyone moved their business. How long did it take you to get restarted?

We moved, but only about 20 miles away, so that wasn't a big deal. But, there was a workshop on this at conference!! I believe they'll be making all conference workshop topics available on CD, so you may want to keep your eyes open for that. It would definitely be worth the money to purchase one. I don't think they're expensive, maybe $5 or something.

Thanks for the info!!! I'll look for that. I wish our move was just 20 miles! Hawaii to Georgia is a big move!

movedi did i moved from Utah to Nevada (3-4 hrs) and i have been doing ok im finally starting to pick up business, i have been doing 2 shows a month and really hope to get more on Tues, I also moved after my 1st super starter month. What I did was i talked to a lady in my church and I mentioned PC and she said she loved PC so I asked her to host a party for me and she did and it helped me to get to know the people in my area, plus i did get bookings off of her show :)

Hi Christy - we are a military family too. What branch are you? My husband is getting out of the army in alittle less than a year (woohoo!) and we are moving back to Texas (near family) from Oklahoma. So I'll be starting my business in a new area too. But I do know alot people in the area we are moving to so I am not as nervous about it. Anyway, my advice to you would be to get involved in the wives clubs or FRG groups. That will be a great way to get to know people and to spread the word about a PC consultant living near them! Hope the move goes smoothly...Hawaii to Georgia is a huge move! Good luck!!

My dh is a Marine. I'm very involved in our wives group here which has helped a lot with my business. But since he will be retiring I wont have that when we move. I'll be teaching there so hopefully that will help with contacts.

1. What is the process for relocating a business in Georgia as a military family?

The process for relocating a business in Georgia as a military family can vary, but generally involves researching the local market, finding a suitable location, obtaining necessary permits and licenses, and notifying customers and vendors of the move. It is also important to consider any tax implications and to develop a plan for maintaining business operations during the relocation.

2. Are there any special resources or programs available for military families relocating their business to Georgia?

Yes, there are several resources and programs available to assist military families with relocating their business to Georgia. These include the Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) program, which provides financial assistance for education and training, as well as the Military Reservist Economic Injury Disaster Loan program, which offers low-interest loans to help cover relocation expenses.

3. How does Georgia's business climate compare to other states?

Georgia has a strong and growing business climate, consistently ranking in the top 10 for business-friendly states. The state offers a low cost of living, a skilled workforce, and a variety of tax incentives for businesses. Additionally, Georgia has a diverse economy, with thriving industries such as technology, logistics, and tourism.

4. What are some challenges that military families may face when relocating their business to Georgia?

Some challenges that military families may face when relocating their business to Georgia include adjusting to a new market and competition, finding suitable housing and schools for their family, and navigating the legal and logistical requirements of a business move. It is important to plan ahead and seek support from resources such as the Small Business Administration and local chambers of commerce.

5. How can I network and connect with other business owners and resources in Georgia?

There are many ways to network and connect with other business owners and resources in Georgia. Joining local business associations and attending networking events is a great way to meet other professionals and learn about the local business community. Additionally, reaching out to other military families who have successfully relocated their business to Georgia can provide valuable insights and connections.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • gailz2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • lterman