• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Out of Rooms? Need Extra Room for Chicago Hilton on 15th

In summary, Erin is trying to find a hotel for the conference but is having trouble. There are no rooms available the first day. She is also trying to find out if any rooms are available for the weekend. Another director booked at the Hyatt, not even on the list. It is a 2 bed 2 bath for $600 all 3 nights. You might want to look into another hotel.
GeorgiaPeach
Silver Member
I've been without internet most of the day. Just got home from my show ($886...with more orders coming! Woo Hoo!) and registered. There are NO rooms for the night of the 15th! I went ahead and took a room (without the 15th) but REALLY need the 15th.

Did anyone reserve extra rooms "just in case"? I need one if you know of someone that has an extra room. I want to stay at the Chicago Hilton with the rest of my cluster.

This happens EVERY year! IMO....they shouldn't run out of rooms the FIRST day!! Errrrrrr.............:mad:

If there happens to be any room left in my hotel room (i'm at the Hilton), you're more than welcome to stay with us....I don't know how many from our cluster are going...I'll keep you posted! I wouldn't mind! We are getting there on the 15th.

AND...yes, you're right! They shouldn't run out of rooms on the first day!

I just got a call from another gal in my hospitality group.
Another director booked at the Hyatt, not even on the list.
It is a 2 bed 2 bath for $600 all 3 nights.
You might want to look into another hotel.

I know what you mean....our group is actually planning on going Saturday, & found out there's no rooms for Sunday. We're looking into another hotel.

We are staying at the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place......no shuttle buses for me! LOL!! Maybe this year I will actually make it to a breakfast! LOL!!!

OK girls, for those that can't get a hotel for the 15th already....my director said we need to call HO! I've left a message & am waiting for a call back....

erinyourpclady said:
We are staying at the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place......no shuttle buses for me! LOL!! Maybe this year I will actually make it to a breakfast! LOL!!!

Erin, If you haven't stayed at the Hyatt before for conference...you will LOVE it!! I stayed there one year and it was the most stress-free conference! No lines for the elevator....no lines for a shuttle bus....it was a hike back and forth across the pedway but after sitting all day, it was good for me :)

I tried to get in there last year and couldn't :(

I am not sure where I am staying I just know that I am registered

I bet what happened is they didn't block out a big enough group of rooms for Sunday night. They didn't figure so many of us would be coming in on Sunday!

I guess I'll just go ahead and book one starting the 16th... and fly in really early that morning...

chefmelody said:
I bet what happened is they didn't block out a big enough group of rooms for Sunday night. They didn't figure so many of us would be coming in on Sunday!

I guess I'll just go ahead and book one starting the 16th... and fly in really early that morning...

But if the directors have a meeting first thing Monday morning and many of their consultants are traveling with them....they should have been able to figure that out!! :rolleyes:

chefmelody said:

I have a feeling that people are staying the rest of the weekend from Wave 2??

My director mentioned the Embassy Suites...just another thought!

Chozengirl said:
I just got a call from another gal in my hospitality group.
Another director booked at the Hyatt, not even on the list.
It is a 2 bed 2 bath for $600 all 3 nights.
You might want to look into another hotel.
I checked out Hyatt and the only one I found for under $800 for 4 people for 3 nights is the Hyatt McCormick center but it did not say 2 bath and I saw nothing at $600. Which hotel are you talking about please??

Right now we have reservations at the Travelodge; it's a block from the Hilton, & $179/night. We can cancel with no charge if we end up being able to get into a conference one.

GeorgiaPeach said:
Erin, If you haven't stayed at the Hyatt before for conference...you will LOVE it!! I stayed there one year and it was the most stress-free conference! No lines for the elevator....no lines for a shuttle bus....it was a hike back and forth across the pedway but after sitting all day, it was good for me :)

I tried to get in there last year and couldn't :(

We are SO excited about staying there! LOL!! Last year we never made it a single breakfast event becasue we couldn't get it together. I am ready for stress free!! LOL!!

Has anyone stayed at the Sheraton? That's the only one that had availability for the 15th, so that's where I'm booked.

lacychef said:
OK girls, for those that can't get a hotel for the 15th already....my director said we need to call HO! I've left a message & am waiting for a call back....
I called the Hilton this morning to find out what the deal was with this. I'm in Wave One and have the same issue. I've got a 2-2 room for Mon & Tues night but not for Sunday. Evidently when HO contracted with Travel Planners they didn't request enough Sunday night rooms. They have fewer rooms available on Sunday than they do for the rest of the week....evidently they didn't project that as many of us would want to come in a day early. I've called Travel Planners to complain (in my opinon, they really don't care about how we feel....) and I've called HO and talked to Beth in the Meeting Coordinator department and she confirmed that that was the case (fewer rooms on Sunday is what they projected), and she would pass on my complaint but she really didn't have a solution to offer. According to the lady I talked to at the Hilton there are still 2-2 rooms available however, if you want to book one of them it cost about 3 times as much as our conference rate! Since Travel Planners only has so many rooms blocked for us they can't give us the rooms that the Hilton still has available. I have a feeling that they will open up more rooms if WE ALL CALL TO COMPLIAN!!!! So CALL, this is not satisfactory.

Has anyone stayed at the Sheraton? That's the only one that had availability for the 15th, so that's where I'm booked.
We stayed at the Sheraton last year, and I had no complaints. We had great service. My only complaint is I would totally love to have a double bathroom, but we work around it. We are staying there again because that is where are exec banquet is, and most of our clustermates stay!! I also love the fact that we can walk to Navy pier and the Magnificiant mile and don't have to get a cab.

Are there shuttles that run to and from the convention center or do we have to get cabs?

Tara1021 said:
Are there shuttles that run to and from the convention center or do we have to get cabs?

Yes, there are buses that run to the conference center from the conference hotels. VERY convenient:)

pamperedlinda said:
I have a feeling that they will open up more rooms if WE ALL CALL TO COMPLIAN!!!! So CALL, this is not satisfactory.

I agree with this Linda.....everyone call & complain.
The directors have to be there at around 7am my director said.....there's no way we can fly in on Monday & make it on time! This is so ridiculous it's not even funny.....& I'm a little annoyed because I left a message with HO, & they never called me back yesterday.

pamperedlinda said:
I called the Hilton this morning to find out what the deal was with this. I'm in Wave One and have the same issue. I've got a 2-2 room for Mon & Tues night but not for Sunday. Evidently when HO contracted with Travel Planners they didn't request enough Sunday night rooms. They have fewer rooms available on Sunday than they do for the rest of the week....evidently they didn't project that as many of us would want to come in a day early. I've called Travel Planners to complain (in my opinon, they really don't care about how we feel....) and I've called HO and talked to Beth in the Meeting Coordinator department and she confirmed that that was the case (fewer rooms on Sunday is what they projected), and she would pass on my complaint but she really didn't have a solution to offer. According to the lady I talked to at the Hilton there are still 2-2 rooms available however, if you want to book one of them it cost about 3 times as much as our conference rate! Since Travel Planners only has so many rooms blocked for us they can't give us the rooms that the Hilton still has available. I have a feeling that they will open up more rooms if WE ALL CALL TO COMPLIAN!!!! So CALL, this is not satisfactory.

Oh my goodness! :eek: That really stinks! :eek: EVERYONE in WAVE 1 needs to complain!!!!

What number do we call to complain? I haven't even tried to get a room yet. Its my husband and I.

Are there hotels close to a conf hotel where we can walk to it and hop on the shuttle?

Anne I know Embassy suites is close to the Sheraton & many people stay there and walk to the Sheraton shuttle.

Thanks. Should I contact these places directly or go thru that agent?

I would contact them directly or go through a travel agent. I heard someone say they booked through Hotwire and got a sweet deal. Only draw back is you have to pay up front.

Thanks. OMG Emabassy is $250 a night.

So what are we supposed to do if there aren't any rooms on the 15th?

I just tried to leave a message and got a recording saying to call bak during hours.

Anne I just checked too. Even the Sheraton is at $239 on the other sites. I would send HO an email today. You are awesome at words. Then I would start hounding them on Monday Morn. They opened up more rooms last year after people started to complain.

lacychef said:
I agree with this Linda.....everyone call & complain.
The directors have to be there at around 7am my director said.....there's no way we can fly in on Monday & make it on time! This is so ridiculous it's not even funny.....& I'm a little annoyed because I left a message with HO, & they never called me back yesterday.
They didnt call me back either, I had to call them back.....not good service in my opinion.

pamperedlinda said:
In response to my email expressing my concern, my Exec Director forwarded an email she got from HO Reservations that they are working to resolve this problem and we should hear in a few days. Rooms are available at the hotel but a 2/2 at the Hilton is $324 (almost double our price!). I do not suggest booking "in case" because then there will be less rooms that they can give to PC!! What I really hate is that they will not "guarantee" that we will get the same price for Sunday. EXCUSE ME?? If I was in Session 2 or 3 I wouldn't have to pay extra for the night before. I have had trouble with bookings with Travel Planners the last 2 times I used them - if the price wasn't so good....

I did send an email and will hold off until I hear something.

And, no one should be charged more for any date if they are going for conference. Last year, I roomed with someone else (3 others) and they took care of everything. This year, I'm taking Dave, so I am pretty much handling everything.

IMHO, HO should reserve at least couple of days before and a couple of days after. Some have very long flight and that should be taken into consideration. Maybe it wasn't an issue when PC was smaller, but now we have people traveling for quite some time to be able to join us.

pamperedalf said:
Anne I just checked too. Even the Sheraton is at $239 on the other sites. I would send HO an email today. You are awesome at words. Then I would start hounding them on Monday Morn. They opened up more rooms last year after people started to complain.

Hey, if Anne is so good at words :) she should compose the letter and then we can all copy it :D and send it too! I'm pretty good at composing letters but it takes me forever cause I keep making revisions!

I hope that HO gets more rooms on the 15th opened up but come on, this happens every year! They do SO many things really well at conference....bugs me that they keep getting this part "wrong"!

Sorry to disappoint, but this is all I sent; feel free to use it:

RE: WAVE 3 CONFERENCE REGISTRATION

I am trying to register for conference, but I want to make sure I will have lodging. I tried to reserve a room for the day I fly in (July 15th) and according to the travel service, there is no availability for the 15th at any of the participating hotels. What should I do?

AJPratt said:
Sorry to disappoint, but this is all I sent; feel free to use it:

RE: WAVE 3 CONFERENCE REGISTRATION

I am trying to register for conference, but I want to make sure I will have lodging. I tried to reserve a room for the day I fly in (July 15th) and according to the travel service, there is no availability for the 15th at any of the participating hotels. What should I do?
As you know Wave 1 has the same problem with our Sunday. HO and registrations told me to register for the days I can get and then call to be put on a list. We would hear in about a week but it's not guaranteed that we will get that date at the same rate.:eek: If that happens they need to hear big time from everyone that has to pay extra - SOO wrong! I personally think they need to find a new travel company to work with.

This is the THIRD time I have had stress due to their incompetency - one of the times I had written verification that I had a suite at Embassy Suites for 2 double beds and pull out for 5 consultants. When we got there we had a king and the hotel said they didn't even have doubles available at all. Travel Service's response? "Too bad. We can't do anything for you. Take two rooms and then request a refund after the fact but we can't guarantee you will get any money back". We ended up with no hotel and stayed at a consultant's home an hour away (thank goodness she lived near). Not acceptable. I never feel comfortable with their reservations until I am in my hotel room. We should not have to go through that kind of stress!!

Beth you couldn't be more right! I am going to talk to my director and see what she says. We'll both be traveling with our husbands, together.

I called and complained to Home Office and to Travel Planners - guess it worked (either that or they are getting their you know what together!). I got my 2-2 confirmation today for all 3 nights. If you have not called and expressed your displeasure I would do it.....it worked for me, hopefully it will work for you too.

I reserved Sun-Mon-Tues at The Palmer House, through Travel Planners the morning that reservations opened, and I got all 3 nights for $162 a night. When my director tried to make her reservations at Palmer House, they told her that Palmer House was not a listed hotel, and they could not make reservation for her.

mrssyvo said:
I reserved Sun-Mon-Tues at The Palmer House, through Travel Planners the morning that reservations opened, and I got all 3 nights for $162 a night. When my director tried to make her reservations at Palmer House, they told her that Palmer House was not a listed hotel, and they could not make reservation for her.
Sounds like Travel Planners. No Palmer House is not one of the hotels this time. But who knows they may add it.

I was on hold forever with them today and still don't have a room for Sunday. I have lodged a complaint with them and with PC about this mess. Like it does any good.

Travel Planners said I could get on alist and request the Sun night and find out in 10 days if I get it... then if I don't call the hotel direct to see if they have room. I called the Hilton and they have nothing. Called the Sheraton and Sun night would be $265 Sun night. This sucks. It hasn't even been a friggan week and its a mess.

Bumping this... curious to see how everyone is making out?

AJPratt said:
Bumping this... curious to see how everyone is making out?
I just got off the phone with a manager at Travel Planners. He said what we all have heard: The hotel releases so many rooms at the rate and it is based on past conference usage. First he was saying that TPlanners is responsible to pay for the rooms not used so they don't want to have TOO many, and then he said the hotel didn't release that many rooms...

I still don't have a room for the 8th (our Sunday) and he said they are still working on it but still won't guarantee the price. (The hotel says the price is $324 for that room on that night.) My director put her reservation in before I did and she got email notification this morning that she has the Sunday so there is some hope I guess.

He did say he was sending me a $50 voucher to use this year or in the future for my troubles (I had major problems with the Atlanta Reservations for Leadership last year too). Want to bet that my room will become available at $50 more than the $179??

I made the reservation for the nights avail and then called them this morning to put in a request for Sun night. So, we'll see...

Did your Dir get it at the conf rate? I know the Sheraton has vacancy. I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

I chatted with one lady at the Sheraton and she said that there were a bunch of conferences going on at the same time and that most of the hotels will be booked fast.

AJPratt said:
I made the reservation for the nights avail and then called them this morning to put in a request for Sun night. So, we'll see...

Did your Dir get it at the conf rate? I know the Sheraton has vacancy. I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

I chatted with one lady at the Sheraton and she said that there were a bunch of conferences going on at the same time and that most of the hotels will be booked fast.
Yes my director got the conf rate. The supervisor I talked with asked if I wanted to book that night in a different type room or another hotel. NO.

They didn't ask me those questions. They just put in the request. Hmmm... I wonder what we'll wind up with.

Anything new with anyone? Sorry! I'm neurotic!

I booked my flight before we could register for conference and so I too am waiting for a room on the 15th. It is stressful to wonder if you will have a place to stay! I booked at the Hilton for the nights that were open. Now it's just a waiting game to see if they get us a room!

Katrob said:
It is stressful to wonder if you will have a place to stay!
YES! It certainly is! Worse comes to worse, I guess we'll find a hotel for the one night and then just go to the Sheraton. I really don't like that idea, and hope it works out, but I figure we'll make it work somehow.

I still don't have a room for our first night in Chicago yet either. Worse case, we'll all camp out in other rooms for the first night. I am blown away that they could run out of rooms that fast. Unacceptable.

Got an email from a supervisor at TP tonight - "still working on getting you a room". Right.

<h2>1. "Did anyone reserve extra rooms "just in case"?</h2><p>Some consultants may have reserved extra rooms just in case, but it is not a common practice. If you know of someone who may have an extra room, it doesn't hurt to ask if they are willing to give it up.</p><h2>2. "I need one if you know of someone that has an extra room."</h2><p>As mentioned before, it is not common for consultants to reserve extra rooms. However, you can try reaching out to other consultants in your cluster to see if anyone has an extra room they are willing to give up.</p><h2>3. "I want to stay at the Chicago Hilton with the rest of my cluster."</h2><p>It is understandable that you want to stay at the same hotel as your cluster, but unfortunately, it may not always be possible. If you are unable to find a room at the Chicago Hilton, consider staying at a nearby hotel or reaching out to your cluster to see if anyone is willing to carpool to the event.</p><h2>4. "This happens EVERY year! IMO....they shouldn't run out of rooms the FIRST day!! Errrrrrr.............:mad:"</h2><p>We understand your frustration, but please keep in mind that the number of rooms available is limited and it is a first-come, first-served basis. It is also possible that other events or conferences may be happening at the same time, making it difficult to secure a room.</p><h2>5. "There are NO rooms for the night of the 15th! I went ahead and took a room (without the 15th) but REALLY need the 15th."</h2><p>If you were unable to secure a room for the night of the 15th, consider reaching out to the hotel directly to see if they have any cancellations or if they can put you on a waitlist. You can also keep checking back periodically to see if any rooms become available. Additionally, as mentioned before, consider staying at a nearby hotel or reaching out to your cluster for alternative options.</p>

1. "Did anyone reserve extra rooms "just in case"?

Some consultants may have reserved extra rooms just in case, but it is not a common practice. If you know of someone who may have an extra room, it doesn't hurt to ask if they are willing to give it up.

2. "I need one if you know of someone that has an extra room."

As mentioned before, it is not common for consultants to reserve extra rooms. However, you can try reaching out to other consultants in your cluster to see if anyone has an extra room they are willing to give up.

3. "I want to stay at the Chicago Hilton with the rest of my cluster."

It is understandable that you want to stay at the same hotel as your cluster, but unfortunately, it may not always be possible. If you are unable to find a room at the Chicago Hilton, consider staying at a nearby hotel or reaching out to your cluster to see if anyone is willing to carpool to the event.

4. "This happens EVERY year! IMO....they shouldn't run out of rooms the FIRST day!! Errrrrrr.............:mad:"

We understand your frustration, but please keep in mind that the number of rooms available is limited and it is a first-come, first-served basis. It is also possible that other events or conferences may be happening at the same time, making it difficult to secure a room.

5. "There are NO rooms for the night of the 15th! I went ahead and took a room (without the 15th) but REALLY need the 15th."

If you were unable to secure a room for the night of the 15th, consider reaching out to the hotel directly to see if they have any cancellations or if they can put you on a waitlist. You can also keep checking back periodically to see if any rooms become available. Additionally, as mentioned before, consider staying at a nearby hotel or reaching out to your cluster for alternative options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrsbettyboop0000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
EpTxGuy
  • momoftwins
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
momoftwins
  • ardipc