• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the Deal with the Wave 2 Meet & Greet Gift Swap?

In summary, we're all meeting at the Chicago Hilton around 8:30 p.m. to share cabs back to our respective hotels.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Who's in??
Here's the deal - Day One after opening session we're meeting at the lounge in the Sheraton Towers. Ya'll can take the shuttle back to the Sheraton from opening session then share cabs back to your respective hotels later on.
The gift swap: we're each bringing $5 worth of office supplies (you can dig thru your own office or buy new) - things like envelopes, stationery, paperclips, scissors, PC stickers, markers, labels, recipe cards, Nancy's postcards, etc...just gift wrap it & bring it to the meet & greet...see ya'll there!

Are we meeting RIGHT after session? Before dinner?

I plan on being in...just have to check since my recruiter wanted to take me to dinner one right. I'm hoping we can do that Wednesday though because I don't want to miss you guys!

janetupnorth said:
Are we meeting RIGHT after session? Before dinner?

I plan on being in...just have to check since my recruiter wanted to take me to dinner one right. I'm hoping we can do that Wednesday though because I don't want to miss you guys!

Um - I am thinking righ tafter session? Or maybe at night? Did someone say 9pm maybe? I don't remember - heeeeeelp!

Personally I like the 9pm idea... that way if our respective clusters wanted to do something for the 1st night we can still participate in both activities... plus I will enjoy a few drinks much more if I've had some food after that session!!!

I would love to meet up with you all -- I have NO isea what my groups schedule/plans are. As soon as that solidifies, I will let you all know.

Also -- I realized I have no idea where I'm staying !!! haha we have rooms -- i jsut cant remember if it's the hilton or the sheraton. Wherever there are two bathrooms to a room...

I am in and 9pm would be better I think!! I know my cluster likes to hang together.

Ok -- we are at the Chicago Hilton. No idea of the proximity to the Sheraton. Time to research!

I'm told there are two lounges at the Sheraton, so we've picked the Java Lounge. I'm excited about meeting everyone! So, 9 p.m. at the Sheraton Java Lounge. Spread the word!

Count me in. We have a ton of people coming from our cluster so I'm not sure of the formal plans but I've got it on my calendar now.

Can't wait.....15 days huh?

Count me in!! I'll be there! How far is the Chicago hilton from the Sheraton?

PampMomof3 said:
Count me in!! I'll be there! How far is the Chicago hilton from the Sheraton?
We could go together I am at the Chicago Hilton too.

I plan on coming, 9pm sounds better too as I am not s ure on our plan.

So the plan is 9 pm on THURSDAY night at the Sheraton Java lounge, right?:)

Yes!!

Hilton People -- we can meet in the lobby at 8:30ish and either walk the 1/2 mile there or take a cab together? I'm ok with walking, but no idea if anyone else will be willing to do that.

yummybytes said:
Hilton People -- we can meet in the lobby at 8:30ish and either walk the 1/2 mile there or take a cab together? I'm ok with walking, but no idea if anyone else will be willing to do that.

Yay! I am happy that we can go as a group of us! I am also at the Chicago Hilton and was hoping I'd have someone to split a cab with!

My sister cluster is already planning some activies for us so I won't be able to join ya. Sorry.

Ann R.

I'm at the Hilton, too & would like to either walk with someone or share a cab!

Last edited:
We could also do the same for Palmer House Hilton people...don't know how far it is from the Sheraton - I'll have to check that.

GourmetGirl said:
Yay! I am happy that we can go as a group of us! I am also at the Chicago Hilton and was hoping I'd have someone to split a cab with!

Only if you bring the Alton Brown DVDs... Otherwise I'm so not sharing with YOU! :) hehe Just Kidding!!

I'm all for sharing a cab... if we walk down it will still be light outside at 8:30. On the way back we should probably cab it, though :)

yummybytes said:
Only if you bring the Alton Brown DVDs... Otherwise I'm so not sharing with YOU! :) hehe Just Kidding!!

I'm all for sharing a cab... if we walk down it will still be light outside at 8:30. On the way back we should probably cab it, though :)

Sounds perfect to me! I will definitely borrow my dad's portable DVD player, charge it up and bring all 19 episodes of Alton that I now have :D

Sounds good about meeting in the lobby at 8:30!! I can't wait!!!:D

Would anybody mind sharing a cab with me? I'm staying at the Chicago Hilton and am supposed to meet some friends at the Sheraton.
Thanks,
Bobby

I'm sure we will have more than one cabs going over at that time so you're welcome to join in the adventure :)

I am in if my cluster doesn't already have plans.

Susan

I hit the Staples clearance table the other day, so I've got some great stuff. I even picked up a cute gift bag yesterday at Hobby Lobby. I'm all set.

Well aren't you the busy bee? :)

I would love to shop today but I think I will wait until the weekend. The "other" job seems to get in the way of what I really want to do.

Susan

I would love to come too. I will have to see what we (the rest of my cluster) is doing that night. I will get my office supplies and hopefully see you all there.:) :)

I've got my bag 'o supplies all ready! I can't wait for conference and our meet 'n greet!

Oooh...I'm waiting for a host to call to close her show...maybe I should get that ready...then I'd have 1 thing done.

Are we getting together on Wednesday night? My SD made dinner reservations for 20 at 8pm on Thursday night so I probably can't make it unless you'll be there for awhile???:(

Yep, 9 p.m. at the Java Lounge at the Sheraton! I think I saw that you got your answer on another thread, but just wanted to make sure you had an answer.

Thanks Rae!! See you Wednesday night!!! Hey maybe Deb Jennings will go with me!!! Please Deb????:D

Kristi~

I don't know what our plans are for Wed or Thurs night yet...I want to go to at least ONE of the meet n greets. Let me know what you all are doing....I will PM you my cell number!

Let me get this straight........We are meeting on Wednesday night and Thursday night?

Kelly - I'm keeping a list with everyone's cell numbers & hotels if you'd like to send me yours. :)

They are having a mng at the Sheraton Java Lounge on Wednesday night to meet up with some of the cheffers from Wave 1. I'll be at that one since I'll be at an Italian restaurant Thursday night.

Yep, one on Wednesday night, and one on Thursday night--both 9 p.m. at the Java Lounge at the Sheraton. Makes it easier for us (okay, me) to remember. The Thursday night one is the one you'll want to bring an exchange gift of $5 of office supplies.

crystalscookingnow said:
Kelly - I'm keeping a list with everyone's cell numbers & hotels if you'd like to send me yours. :)
Just PM'd you!

raebates said:
Yep, one on Wednesday night, and one on Thursday night--both 9 p.m. at the Java Lounge at the Sheraton. Makes it easier for us (okay, me) to remember. The Thursday night one is the one you'll want to bring an exchange gift of $5 of office supplies.

We're not landing in Chicago til about 8ish on Wednesday night but if we make to to the hotel fast enough I want to try to catch up with ya'll in the lounge and meet the wave 1 crew!

Got it Kelly! I will be e-mailing the list to everyone on Tuesday. If you want to PM your e-mail addy to me, I'll get the list to you.

What is the Wave 2 Meet & Greet Gift Swap?

The Wave 2 Meet & Greet Gift Swap is an event organized by Pampered Chef where consultants can come together and exchange gifts with each other.

When and where is the event taking place?

The event will take place on the first day after the opening session at the lounge in the Sheraton Towers. Consultants can take the shuttle back to the Sheraton from the opening session and then share cabs back to their respective hotels later on.

What should I bring to the gift swap?

Each consultant is asked to bring $5 worth of office supplies, such as envelopes, stationery, paperclips, scissors, PC stickers, markers, labels, recipe cards, and Nancy's postcards. You can either dig through your own office or purchase new supplies. Please make sure to gift wrap the items before bringing them to the meet & greet.

Can I participate if I'm not staying at the Sheraton?

Yes, you are still welcome to participate in the gift swap even if you are not staying at the Sheraton. You can take a cab back to your respective hotel after the event.

Is there a specific type of office supplies that I should bring?

No, you can bring any type of office supplies as long as they are worth $5. Some suggestions include envelopes, stationery, paperclips, scissors, PC stickers, markers, labels, recipe cards, and Nancy's postcards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
Replies
Views
merego