• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join the Wave 1 Meet & Greet in NC | Coordination Needed for First-Timers

In summary, the other two Waves had a Meet 'n Greet thread so I wondered if we should have one too?Can someone coordinate this since I have never been to NC?This is my first year as well, and I'd love to go to some sort of get together with everyone from here that's going in our wave.Anyone going who's been before and will know how to plan something?New too! I think it would be fun to meet some folks from here. What hotel are you staying in?I'm in the Chicago Hilton.Ok for the last couple of years our meet n greet has been at the Sheraton but lets change this up and do it at the Hilton this time...
Koolotus said:
yum chocolate cake :)
I know we saw ya, I will call when we get outta lunch!
Umm, Ida & Amanda. Change of plans Wednesday night and I need to know when you guys are coming into Chi-Town!!!
xoxo

I'm on the phone on hold....so bear with me.
Amanda comes in about 1:00 and i'll be in at 3 but not at the hotel until about5ish. Whats going down?

Amanda, you'll have Amber if she's back from 1st timers and her HO tour.

kisrae said:
I'm on the phone on hold....so bear with me.
Amanda comes in about 1:00 and i'll be in at 3 but not at the hotel until about5ish. Whats going down?

Amanda, you'll have Amber if she's back from 1st timers and her HO tour.

I don't think she'll be back until around when you get out, but of course she can come hang out w/ me if she is back. I can't piss off the driver otherwise I'll be hitching a ride home.

I'll plan to meet you all at 11 on thursday. If i can't get there look for me thru conference, i'll be in a scooter. Not hard to find me. Say hi! Eager to see old friends and meet new.

Ok ladies this is a bump for our meet n greet...

We will meet at the Hilton lobby bar at 8:15 ish.... If you need to be later no problem. Just show up when you can... See you all in a few days..... YEA!!!!

About the Lunch time meet... I heard that everything is in one building this year so maybe the place we have met at in the past is too far.... ???? Any thoughts for those of you who are veterans at NC...

Last edited:
Flamingo said:
About the Lunch time meet... I heard that everything is in one building this year so maybe the place we have met at in the past is too far.... ???? Any thoughts for those of you who are veterans at NC...

here's the info I got from the McCormack website:
In the Lakeside building there are no sit-down or cafeteria type restaurants. They have a take-out coffee shop which is on level 2 which is the main floor. They say that they have some other take-out place on level 3 but I have never seen it (maybe someone else has).
Even if we take-out, there is no where to really sit except to sit on the floor somewhere. Or we can go outside (bridge between the buildings) where there are a few seperated tables, but we won't know if it will be raining (it has) or too hot.

So to answer you question - I don't know. I'm just providing the info and let's see what everyone else says. I'll go wherever.

I'm in the second HO tour (8am?) - Anyone in that one? I have the newbiew orientation at 7:15 followed by the HO tour, I guess backwards from others.

Flamingo said:
Ok ladies this is a bump for our meet n greet...

We will meet at the Hilton lobby bar at 8:15 ish.... If you need to be later no problem. Just show up when you can... See you all in a few days..... YEA!!!!

Works for me - around 8:15 pm on Thursday night it is!

Melissa78 said:
I'm in the second HO tour (8am?) - Anyone in that one? I have the newbiew orientation at 7:15 followed by the HO tour, I guess backwards from others.

No Melissa, I am taking the 1st HO tour and I am not doing the newbie orientation because my director said it wasn't necessary.

I'm taking the first tour, then orientation

I'd like to meet up w/ everyone, but I don't drink. Will I be a bit out of place at the bar w/ those who go? Is there food served there, or is it strictly a bar?

babywings76 said:
I'd like to meet up w/ everyone, but I don't drink. Will I be a bit out of place at the bar w/ those who go? Is there food served there, or is it strictly a bar?

You'll be fine! I will drink for you ;)
It's a bar restaurant

Koolotus said:
You'll be fine! I will drink for you ;)
It's a bar restaurant

I am glad I am meeting everyone at the Hilton hotel. I don't drink except for special occasions. I will have to limit myself to one glass of Zinfendel.

I checked Hilton website and they have 3 places we could meet at (see in link). I was thinking either Kitty O'Sheas or Lakeside Green Lounge. Any thoughts?

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/CHICHHH-Hilton-Chicago-Illinois/dining.do;jsessionid=864BE1C390DCFAFAAAF70D88F5C28558.etc55

babywings76 said:

I don't drink either :)

Think of all the money you will save! Put it to a good use - Surpise box. :D

I drink socially but am super cheap with it so I'll probably enjoy a diet soda with you.

I can't imagine that "Chicago" and "cheap" go together in terms of alcohol prices (or any prices for that matter).

Ok no one will be out of place if they do not drink... We are a great group of people and it will all work out... As to where my preference is NOT Kitty O'Sheys. The lounge sounds good to me... We can get drinks and sit in the lounge at the end of the hallway and have plenty of room for everyone. I may not be ther etill 9 ish because of a dinner with my Director but will get there as soon as I can... I am sooooooo EXCITED>>>

Let's just meet at the Lakeside Green Lounge.

If ya don't see me, call me! Andrea I sent you my cell

Ok this time tomorrow I will be in the Windy City... oh my gosh my hair is already a mess....LOL

I wish I could have met with you all that night, this is the first one I haven't been to since I started chef success 3 years ago! but oh well... There is always next year!! my room buddies didn't get dinner until late, and then I got sick from it!!! ugh! Friday I felt miserable!! not cool! But you know how cool conference is when you feel terrible but are still awe struck with Company! It was the best feeling miserable that I've felt!! lol!:D;):thumbup:

Sorry to hear you got sick. That's too bad. Hopefully you enjoyed your overall experience of Conference though.I was so bummed that no one came. DessertDivaFL stopped by, but we missed each other. But no one else came (that I'm aware of anyway). The few people who shared phone #'s ended up not being able to come either. It did seem to just be bad timing for everyone. We didn't finish dinner till 8 or so and that seemed to be a common theme w/ everyone--late dinners, being too far from the hotel, etc. I kept checking periodically to see if people might just come late, but no luck. My cluster thinks I'm nuts and have imaginary friends. lol :D I did meet up w/ a few other Cheffers the next day, so that was nice. Well, I hope everyone had a great time and here's hoping next year we can have a successful meet n greet! :)

Wow, that's dissapointing! I was unable to make it and wasn't sure I was going to either. But then my day went to _ _ _ _ when we got back to hotel. We were in our room getting ready to meet in our SD room for pizza and drinks. I realized my cell phone was missing:eek: I ran down and of course the bus I was on already left, but the driver of bus after was more than helpful. I was very impressed. I eventually did track it down, it had fallen out of my bag on the bus. I bought the cell phone holder from Merrill on Friday! By the time I got it it was about 8pm and myself and 2 of my roommates hadn't eaten. We went out for a late dinner and crashed after. Actually one of our roommates went to a bar when we met up with about 10 or so other clustermates on our way back from dinner. Hopefully next years meet and greet will be better. I didn't end up seeing any cheffers all through conference. I thought that was kind of weird! I'll find ya next year though. You'll see me on stage for promoting!!!!:thumbup::D:chef::sing:

I was really bummed that it didn't happen. Thank you SO MUCH AManda for trying to pull all this together. I was so glad I got to meet and visit with you on Friday. I've had a blast at the 2 prior mng's that I've attended.....they were both at the Sheraton, where I was staying (although the 1st year we were at Palmer House and I and a clustermate walked--the return walk was a little creepy). It didn't seem like there were as many as "us" as I was accustomed to, seems like the phone lists from years past had about 25 or 30, this year's only had 6. Here's hoping next year is better!!

I got the opportunity to meet a few of you. Cheryl (Koolotus) was stuck with seeing my face for 3 days (thanks girl!) but I do really hope to meet more of you next year! I love faces to names/words and even more so, the personality behind it all. Here's to hoping next year is more successful in the meet-n-greet area. For those of you I did meet...WAHOO!!!!!! <--hehe :D

Yeah, it was just one of those things. I wanted to get back to the lounge Thursday night but our waiter was so slow at the restaurant that I didn't get there until 8:30 pm. I am glad I did meet some of you...some in line at Merrill and some at classes.

A couple of years ago I was late to the MNG because the waiter at our tapas restaurant was slow. Unfortunately, in the noisy atmosphere of the MNG people thought I said topless restaurant. You can imagine the response. LOL!

<h2>1. What is the purpose of the "Join the Wave 1 Meet & Greet" event in NC?</h2><p>The purpose of the "Join the Wave 1 Meet & Greet" event in NC is to bring together Pampered Chef consultants from Wave 1 to network, learn, and have fun while celebrating our shared love for cooking and the Pampered Chef brand.</p><h2>2. Do I need to have prior experience with Pampered Chef to attend the Meet & Greet?</h2><p>No, the Meet & Greet is open to all consultants, whether they are new to Pampered Chef or have been with the company for years. It is a great opportunity for first-timers to connect with other consultants and learn from their experiences.</p><h2>3. Is there a cost to attend the Meet & Greet in NC?</h2><p>There is no cost to attend the Meet & Greet. However, you will be responsible for your own travel and accommodations.</p><h2>4. Will there be any training or workshops at the Meet & Greet?</h2><p>Yes, the Meet & Greet will include training sessions and workshops led by experienced Pampered Chef consultants. These sessions will cover various topics related to running a successful business and improving your skills as a consultant.</p><h2>5. I've never been to NC before, can someone help me coordinate my trip?</h2><p>Absolutely! We understand that traveling to a new place can be overwhelming, especially if you have never been there before. Please reach out to the event coordinator or other consultants attending the Meet & Greet for assistance with coordinating your trip. We are happy to help make your experience in NC as smooth and enjoyable as possible.</p>

1. What is the purpose of the "Join the Wave 1 Meet & Greet" event in NC?

The purpose of the "Join the Wave 1 Meet & Greet" event in NC is to bring together Pampered Chef consultants from Wave 1 to network, learn, and have fun while celebrating our shared love for cooking and the Pampered Chef brand.

2. Do I need to have prior experience with Pampered Chef to attend the Meet & Greet?

No, the Meet & Greet is open to all consultants, whether they are new to Pampered Chef or have been with the company for years. It is a great opportunity for first-timers to connect with other consultants and learn from their experiences.

3. Is there a cost to attend the Meet & Greet in NC?

There is no cost to attend the Meet & Greet. However, you will be responsible for your own travel and accommodations.

4. Will there be any training or workshops at the Meet & Greet?

Yes, the Meet & Greet will include training sessions and workshops led by experienced Pampered Chef consultants. These sessions will cover various topics related to running a successful business and improving your skills as a consultant.

5. I've never been to NC before, can someone help me coordinate my trip?

Absolutely! We understand that traveling to a new place can be overwhelming, especially if you have never been there before. Please reach out to the event coordinator or other consultants attending the Meet & Greet for assistance with coordinating your trip. We are happy to help make your experience in NC as smooth and enjoyable as possible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dianevill
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jdavis
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
chefann