• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join the Wave 1 Meet & Greet in NC | Coordination Needed for First-Timers

In summary, the other two Waves had a Meet 'n Greet thread so I wondered if we should have one too?Can someone coordinate this since I have never been to NC?This is my first year as well, and I'd love to go to some sort of get together with everyone from here that's going in our wave.Anyone going who's been before and will know how to plan something?New too! I think it would be fun to meet some folks from here. What hotel are you staying in?I'm in the Chicago Hilton.Ok for the last couple of years our meet n greet has been at the Sheraton but lets change this up and do it at the Hilton this time...
DessertDivaFL
Gold Member
I noticed the other two Waves had a Meet 'n Greet thread so I wondered if we should have one too?

Can someone coordinate this since I have never been to NC?

This is my first year as well, and I'd love to go to some sort of get together with everyone from here that's going in our wave.Anyone going who's been before and will know how to plan something?

New too! I think it would be fun to meet some folks from here. What hotel are you staying in?

I'm in the Chicago Hilton.

Ok for the last couple of years our meet n greet has been at the Sheraton but lets change this up and do it at the Hilton this time... Ok!!! I will say how about thursday night at about 8 - 8:30???? We have also meet for lunch on Thursday for those of us that were unable to do the evening or just wanted to meet both times... So everyone reply back and lets make a decision...

I am staying at the Hilton too. This should work out there. Andrea has a great idea.

I'm at the Hilton as well. :)

:cry::cry: Well I was so excited someone posted a meet and greet thread. And the more I read the better I felt. Then I double checked which hotel we are staying in, since I thought it was the Hilton. But we are staying at Sheraton!!!:cry: Oh well does anyone know how far the hotels are from eachother? Walking distance? If so I will just have to pack some sneakers!!:D Although depending on how far I might not make it. I don't know if any of my roomies or cluster people would go. None of them are on here as often as I am:blushing:. And I probably couldn't meet for lunch as I'm doing HO tour and first timer orientation. Oh well if I can't make meet and greet I'm sure I'll see you all around and in workshops!! Can't wait

I'll be at the 7am HO tour and the 12-13:30 orientation. So maybe anyone else slated in those times can meet there as well? We need to find a way to identify each other, so we don't go up to everyone..."Are you Katie from Chef Success?" :D

I am also going on the HO tour and the noon first timer orientation. We need some way of knowing each other when we are out and about!

Ladies you can take a cab for just a few $ each to the meet and greet at the Hilton. It's not a long ride at all....

babywings76 said:
I'll be at the 7am HO tour and the 12-13:30 orientation. So maybe anyone else slated in those times can meet there as well? We need to find a way to identify each other, so we don't go up to everyone..."Are you Katie from Chef Success?" :D

Well my avator is me so that should help a little. That picture is less than 2 years old LOL. However for you Amanda unless you are going to dressed as Mickey as a wizard you are right we will need someway of identifying eachother!!:D:D I'm also doing 7am tour and 12pm orientation.

There is a pin from Chef Success that you can order to pin on your id tag so as you are walking around NC we can spot each other. I will look up the link and post in a few minutes...

I do have a picture of myself if you click on my name and go to my detail page (whatever it's called) :D I just didn't put it as my Avatar. And I'm hoping to lose some weight and change my hair, so who knows what I'll look like! Ha ha! (I can dream, right? Ah, I mean, set goals?) LOL

Flamingo said:
There is a pin from Chef Success that you can order to pin on your id tag so as you are walking around NC we can spot each other. I will look up the link and post in a few minutes...

Yeah, I was thinking of getting one. Can't decide if I like the darker one or the lighter one. :confused: ;)

I will be at the 7am HO tour and the 12 pm orientation as well.

Can we all agree to meet Thursday evening at the Hilton? Seems like most of us will be busy at lunch time. What time is best - 8pm or 8:30 pm?

Well sounds like the HO tour will be an unofficial meet and greet as well! LOL:D

I agree the HO tour will be an unofficial greeting.

Let's firm up the time as we get closer to the event.

I ordered a CS pin so I will be identified in case you don't recognize my face.

the light one or the dark one? Magnet or pin? I can't decide. :D

or maybe the mini pin? Hee hee, I'm so indecisive. :rolleyes:

I ordered the regular pin not the mini or the super large one. It should be arriving soon.

I did as well Danielle. We will be twins with our pins. I'm and poet and didn't know it. Ha Ha.

tlag1986 said:
I did as well Danielle. We will be twins with our pins. I'm and poet and didn't know it. Ha Ha.

Yes you are! I saw your Relay For Life event on Facebook! I hope that goes well!

I think it will be great to finally meet my CS friends face to face!

kcmckay said:
:cry::cry: Well I was so excited someone posted a meet and greet thread. And the more I read the better I felt. Then I double checked which hotel we are staying in, since I thought it was the Hilton. But we are staying at Sheraton!!!:cry: Oh well does anyone know how far the hotels are from eachother? Walking distance? If so I will just have to pack some sneakers!!:D Although depending on how far I might not make it. I don't know if any of my roomies or cluster people would go. None of them are on here as often as I am:blushing:. And I probably couldn't meet for lunch as I'm doing HO tour and first timer orientation. Oh well if I can't make meet and greet I'm sure I'll see you all around and in workshops!! Can't wait
You can take a city bus for $2 or take a cab. I've taken the bus from the Hilton to the Sheraton for the meet ups the past two years and it's really easy. It's pretty far to walk, especially since the meet n greet usually has alcohol and late hours. :D

Hi, anyone interested in meeting at mccormack place the first day maybe an hour before start? I have ms and use a scooter, will not make it to the hilton. I am at the sheraton as this is where beth jacobs dinner is. Otherwise stop me and say hi, you have my pic and i wear a big cs pin. Looking forward to old and new friends.

One thing that I really liked last year was that we had two meet 'n greets.
One at McCormick the first day for lunch and the second in the evening.
This way, if you can't make one, you can hopefully make the other.

I had a fun time at the lunch last year and met so many new people. Remember the yummy free chocolate cake?! (check out avatar)

Maybe we can think about doing both again this year.

Last edited:
How do you know where Beth Jacobs dinner is????? It has been at the Hilton for the last 3 years....

flamingo said:
how do you know where beth jacobs dinner is????? It has been at the hilton for the last 3 years....

i know because beth is my ex. Dir. And it is in her monday motivation newsletter to her team.

I know because i have difficulty getting around and i make sure i find out where dinner is cause it is 2 less times i have to be bounced on and off a bus.

Why did you want to know how i knew?????

Thanks Andrea for pointing me in the right direction. I know me & Ida (kissrae) will be there w/ our roommate. Can't wait to see everyone.

I have an event in the Hilton Thursday night but will be down after :)
Keep me posted!!

Anyone staying at Sheraton that wants to split a cab or travel with me to the meet n greet at Hilton Thursday night? I'm not too keen on traveling in an unfamiliar place by myself. I also have to find out when our dinner is and where as well. I will ask my director tonight though, we usually talk on Tuesdays.

KaryCam said:
One thing that I really liked last year was that we had two meet 'n greets.
One at McCormick the first day for lunch and the second in the evening.
This way, if you can't make one, you can hopefully make the other.

I had a fun time at the lunch last year and met so many new people.

Maybe we can think about doing both again this year.

Again, I would like to encourage us to have 2 meet and greets like we did last year.
One for lunch at McCormick and another in the evening at whichever hotel. Then, more people might be able to join in.

Lunch sounds good..... We can also do this for the ones not going on the first timers or home office things....Or director people. how about 12 noon....??

Flamingo said:
Lunch sounds good..... We can also do this for the ones not going on the first timers or home office things....Or director people. how about 12 noon....??

Which day? Thursday?

babywings76 said:
Which day? Thursday?

Yes, it would have to be Thursday.
The first workshop starts at 1pm, so we might want to make it earlier than 12noon.

Someone who was there last year, can you explain where we met last year. All I remember is it is in the middle of the building, down this hallway.
Thanks

very funny!
You guys met at the Mcdonalds near the Director lunch. So if you follow the signs for director lunch you will see the food court :)
I will stop by after lunch!!
Can't wait!

Koolotus said:
very funny!
You guys met at the Mcdonalds near the Director lunch. So if you follow the signs for director lunch you will see the food court :)
I will stop by after lunch!!
Can't wait!

No, we didn't eat at the McDonald's. It was further back in the building from there.
Here is the info I found on the McCormick website:

Plate Room Food Court - Level 2.5, Grand Concourse, South Building
This bustling location offers an interesting array of items available to take on the run or to be enjoyed in the adjacent seating area. Six food concepts are available at this location, including Little Italy, Antipasto Bar, Pacific Rim, the American Grill, The Carvery and Fiesto Bravo. The Plate Room is open daily.

I believe this was it. Anyone else who was there know?

Doing the "bump".

Your so good. ! Thanks

KaryCam said:
No, we didn't eat at the McDonald's. It was further back in the building from there.
Here is the info I found on the McCormick website:

Plate Room Food Court - Level 2.5, Grand Concourse, South Building
This bustling location offers an interesting array of items available to take on the run or to be enjoyed in the adjacent seating area. Six food concepts are available at this location, including Little Italy, Antipasto Bar, Pacific Rim, the American Grill, The Carvery and Fiesto Bravo. The Plate Room is open daily.

I believe this was it. Anyone else who was there know?

Cheryl had too much chocolate cake the night before (silly), yes this is where we have met the past 2 or 3 years.

I say we meet for Lunch between 11 & 11:30 at the plate room food court on Thurs...... I'll be there since I was slacking & I'll be by my lonesome. :(

For the Thursday evening meet 'n greet at the Hilton, what time? Where?

pamperedalf said:
I say we meet for Lunch between 11 & 11:30 at the plate room food court on Thurs...... I'll be there since I was slacking & I'll be by my lonesome. :(

Great! I will try to get there about 11am. We had so much fun last year.
It will be good to see you again.

DessertDivaFL said:
For the Thursday evening meet 'n greet at the Hilton, what time? Where?

I say around 8:30 ish is my vote, I thought there was a bar there we can meet at. I've always stayed at the Sheraton so I don't know.

KaryCam said:
Great! I will try to get there about 11am. We had so much fun last year.
It will be good to see you again.

Yes it will be good to see you too, I'll be there.

yum chocolate cake :)
I know we saw ya, I will call when we get outta lunch!
Umm, Ida & Amanda. Change of plans Wednesday night and I need to know when you guys are coming into Chi-Town!!!
xoxo

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dianevill
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jdavis
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views