• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wave 1 Meet 'N' Greet: CS-ers Unite at Irish Pub in Chicago Hilton on July 8!

In summary, a meet and greet has been planned for the CS-only Conference at an Irish Pub in the lobby of the Chicago Hilton on Sunday, July 8 at 10:00 p.m. The event will provide an opportunity for attendees to meet and chat with each other while enjoying food and drinks. It is conveniently located within walking distance or a short cab ride from nearby hotels. Those who are unable to attend on Sunday may have another chance to meet on Monday after the opening session. Some attendees may also be attending a training session on Tuesday.
I'll be there!Really looking forward to meeting all of you at the Meet and Greet at the Hilton- probably both nights!
Debbie

Ohh, I can't wait to meet our CS founder! :)

I have a special purple-star ribbon for you, Deb!

awe- that's so nice- plus I have my cs button.

Right. The "ribbons" (they're paper) are to go on the buttons, like the real ribbons go on our conference name tags. :) I had an idea and just had to run with it. So I've got "stripper", yellow, pink and blue star ribbons for people who have earned those.

Ohhh, we get confrence name tags also, to hang our ribbons on??

When you pick up your registration packet at McCormick Place, you'll get an envelope containing a name badge, ribbons you've earned, pins you've earned (there is a thread about those around here someplace), your schedule, tickets to get into your workshops/meals and a pamphlet with a map of McCormick Center and descriptions of the ribbons/pins. You'll also get a tote bag and usually the RUFTH item (last year we didn't so that it was a surprise on the day they announced it).

Wow, that's alot of loot they give us! I can't wait!!!!

chefann said:
When you pick up your registration packet at McCormick Place, you'll get an envelope containing a name badge, ribbons you've earned, pins you've earned (there is a thread about those around here someplace), your schedule, tickets to get into your workshops/meals and a pamphlet with a map of McCormick Center and descriptions of the ribbons/pins. You'll also get a tote bag and usually the RUFTH item (last year we didn't so that it was a surprise on the day they announced it).
Also the lanyard for the giving campaigns (it will be part of the nametag).

Any meet and greets at the Sheraton Wave 1?

Are you staying at the Sheraton in wave one Julie??

chefann said:
Right. The "ribbons" (they're paper) are to go on the buttons, like the real ribbons go on our conference name tags. :) I had an idea and just had to run with it. So I've got "stripper", yellow, pink and blue star ribbons for people who have earned those.
Oh my gosh, Ann, you are SO funny!! How cute of you to do that. I'm getting so excited for conference I can't stand it!!!:D

Yes, Leah. Originally most of our group was going to be at the Hilton but have discovered a booking error and are mostly at the Sheraton.

Julie

I am staying at the Sheraton as well with my group!!! I put another thread up but I was trying to see who all was staying at the Sheraton to see if anyone wanted to go over the the meet and greet together.

You mean to go to the Hilton Meet and Greet??
Yes, I think if that is what you mean. I will be going to dinner with my director Laura Wells. I will get into the airport about 5 p.m. and hope I can figure out how to get to the Sheraton then try to find Laura at the Hilton for dinner. Then I hope to be at some Meet and Greet--sounds so fun. Maybe we will be able to go together. What is your cell #? I don't have one.

Julie

My Group is coming in on Saturday afternoon..... Our upline is doing something with FD's and Directors on Sunday night.... so since I am neither their will be a couple of us on our own on Sunday night before the meet and greet.. maybe we can get together and have dinner before we got the meet and greet.PM me and I will give you my cell number Julie...

chefann said:

Oh, sure. Make the newbies feel left out.

I see how you are.

I'm a newbie too. I am feeling lost since my hotel has been changed just today and my director will be at the Hilton and I will be at the Sheraton. The more the merrier!!

Julie

Well we will have fun ...... no matter what!!!! Are you going on an HO tour Juile??

MomToEli said:
Oh, sure. Make the newbies feel left out.

I see how you are.

You better get posting...you only have nine days left. :)

Yeah, Sandy. Just do like me and post 50 (or more!) times a day.I'm getting SOOOOOO excited to meet everyone in person finally! Just wish I could be there for all 3 waves.

OMG! I just went to Michaels to find a frame to make and I just finished painting it and got a bunch of cute stickers to put on it, I can't wait to show you all and put our group shot... (I think I may keep it for myself after all)! ;)

heat123 said:
OMG! I just went to Michaels to find a frame to make and I just finished painting it and got a bunch of cute stickers to put on it, I can't wait to show you all and put our group shot... (I think I may keep it for myself after all)! ;)

Did you ad me to your myspace account last night???

Leah - you have a myspace??? I do too!

I hope to be there.. I don't have a CS button though... :(

AT least you can identify us CSers. Maybe Anne will have extra buttons to buy from her at the meet and greet?

Unfortunately, I don't. I ran out and didn't want to end up with inventory of them. I'll think of something (maybe printing some labels - like name tags - that folks can wear).

I bought a pack of 6.... I can bring a couple extra.... if you would like me too Ann.

Leah- that would be great, if you don't mind. I know there were a couple people who got duplicates for their clusters, but I'm assuming that their people will be wearing them. :) And I don't want anyone to give up their button to someone else.

I promise - I'll order another big batch after conference for Leadership and Conference 2008!

I don't' mind.....I bought extra for this very reason..... and I was hoping that I was going to have a recruit going to conference with me this year and well.. I am not going to talk about my recruit .....

mommyhugz1978 said:
I don't' mind.....I bought extra for this very reason..... and I was hoping that I was going to have a recruit going to conference with me this year and well.. I am not going to talk about my recruit .....
I hear ya, girl. {{{hugs}}} You can recruit 'em, but ya can't force 'em to do anything.

Unfortunately.

as the saying going bless and release... if they do not want to do anything with the biz..... Unfortunately

Leah,

I would like to buy one from you. I bought one, and put it someplace where I would make sure I took it with me, but I can't seem to find it. I will have my pink & white Chef Success hoodie, but I would like to have a button.

TIA

Kim

P.S. Got your PM. :)

Kim,
not a problem........ I will have them with me...... I bought a t-shirt as well.. but I wanted the button too!!! Good thing I bought extra!!

Thanks Leah. Like I said, I bought one, but have no clue as to where I put it. :eek: I'm a blonde, what can I say. :p

Well I was almost a blonde too... well I cant' blame it totally on myself.... my DH had TBI (traumatic brain injury) and put my package under some stuff in my office and I couldn't' find it until about half hour ago. I was wigging out never fairs when I want to bring something or I need something I can never find it!!!

Katie-
Are you still on for sending out the spreadsheet of workshops? I don't want to write them all down if you've got it covered. We're almost there!!!!!

Anyone have any idea of how many of us (CSers) will be at Wave 1?

heat123 said:

My frame! Oh my gosh, I forgot my frame! I'll have to make a run to Hobby Lobby tomorrow!!

I've got mine made. Now I just have to wrap them!

I hope I can make it to both nights. I just looked online at how far the Hilton is from the Palmer House and it says 2 miles! :eek:

rebeccastt said:
I hope I can make it to both nights. I just looked online at how far the Hilton is from the Palmer House and it says 2 miles! :eek:

See if yo can share a cab with a group of people that are coming to the meet and greet!

rebeccastt said:
No, I'd say it's 5 blocks or so???:confused:

I looked at an online map and that is what it said! I guess I'll know for sure after the first night! :)

rebeccastt said:
I looked at an online map and that is what it said! I guess I'll know for sure after the first night! :)

I know of a couple of people staying at the Palmer House......see if you can share a cab ride with them!!!

Thanks Leah. I'm sure it won't be too bad. :)

rebeccastt said:
Thanks Leah. I'm sure it won't be too bad. :)

Will take care of you!!!! No worries!!

Email Address/Cell Phone ListI just finished this list and emailed it to people who PMd me their email address...
I have email for the following people...
BethCooks4U
ChefBeckyD
cmdtrgd
genburk
irishpamperedchef
kimmers
luvs2cook
mommyhugz1978
pamperedlinda
pckelly

If you would like a copy emailed to you (I will not PM the entire list), either PM me or email me at [email protected]. I don't leave until Sunday morning, but will check my email/PM for the last time about 11p Saturday night.

Thanks again Katie... see ya'll on Sunday... i am leaving in a couple of hours........ :D

Someone mentioned in another thread that they hoped we had name tags. I'll bring some, but those who have buttons can use an extra-fine Sharpie to write their screen name (or real one) on the poofy part of the hat on their button. :)

<H2>1. What is the date and time of the Wave 1 Meet 'N' Greet event?</H2><p>The event will take place on Sunday, July 8 at 10:00 p.m.</p><H2>2. Where will the event be held?</H2><p>The event will be held at the Irish Pub in the lobby of the Chicago Hilton.</p><H2>3. Can anyone attend the event?</H2><p>Yes, anyone is welcome to attend the event, regardless of whether or not they are staying at the Hilton.</p><H2>4. Is there a cost to attend the event?</H2><p>There is no cost to attend the event, but attendees will need to pay for their own food and drinks.</p><H2>5. Will there be CS buttons available at the event?</H2><p>Yes, there will be CS buttons available at the event for those who have not received them yet.</p>

1. What is the date and time of the Wave 1 Meet 'N' Greet event?

The event will take place on Sunday, July 8 at 10:00 p.m.

2. Where will the event be held?

The event will be held at the Irish Pub in the lobby of the Chicago Hilton.

3. Can anyone attend the event?

Yes, anyone is welcome to attend the event, regardless of whether or not they are staying at the Hilton.

4. Is there a cost to attend the event?

There is no cost to attend the event, but attendees will need to pay for their own food and drinks.

5. Will there be CS buttons available at the event?

Yes, there will be CS buttons available at the event for those who have not received them yet.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
merego
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
Back