• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Watermelon Slicer: A Real Family Laugh!

In summary, the conversation is about a Bed Bath & Beyond flyer that features a Melon Slicer on page 7, priced at $19.99. The group has mixed reactions to the product, with some finding it cheap and others thinking it's a fun idea. Some suggest using a pineapple wedger or a knife instead, while others are interested in a mango cutter. The conversation ends with a humorous comment about using a knife as the ultimate melon slicer.
pkd09
Silver Member
I got my Bed Bath & Beyond flyer today and on page 7 is a Melon Slicer. It shows slicing a watermelon into wedges. Cost is $19.99 and looks VERY cheap. When my family saw it we all had a big laugh.

pkd09 said:
I got my Bed Bath & Beyond flyer today and on page 7 is a Melon Slicer. It shows slicing a watermelon into wedges. Cost is $19.99 and looks VERY cheap. When my family saw it we all had a big laugh.

I've seen it in person. It's colorful, but it's really not that cheap. It's a fun idea, and maybe a sign of things to come for us! With the success of the pineapple wedger, a cantaloupe/melon slicer might be nice.

you can use the pineapple wedger to cut cantaloupe and honeydew

Looks awfully familiar!

Attachments

• 82031.jpg
    82031.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 719
I would love for us to get one of those :)

Wow - that would make life really easy! I hate cutting melons but love to eat them. QVC has a Melon slicer that sells out every time I see it on the air. (No I am not a QVC junky - I have already completed my 12 step recovery program.) :D

LoL Melissa the 12 step program but I wouldn't be surprised they selling out when they have it on the air.

Of course the photo I uploaded doesn't show how it treats all the cantaloupe seeds.

Of course this one is of an unusual design.

Attachments

• 41o7Fv-3gWL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    41o7Fv-3gWL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,456
This one looks like you'd be better off with a soup spoon and a knife.

Attachments

• 41RNblBMS4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    41RNblBMS4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 552
I vote for a mango cuttter! You would think they thought of that when they put a recipe in SB for mango margarita's!

pkd09 said:

WE HAVE THIS ITEM!!!! It is called a KNIFE!! So Sorry I couldn't resist!!;):angel::rolleyes:

mscharf said:
WE HAVE THIS ITEM!!!! It is called a KNIFE!! So Sorry I couldn't resist!!;):angel::rolleyes:

10 Extra Credit Points awarded!

LOL Dave, now don't get me wrong, I LOVE GADGETS!! But I don't like having "stuff" just to have it!!

1. How does the Watermelon Slicer work?

The Watermelon Slicer features sharp stainless steel blades that easily slice through the rind and fruit of a watermelon. Simply place the slicer on top of a halved watermelon and push down to create evenly sized slices.

2. Is the Watermelon Slicer safe for children to use?

Yes, the Watermelon Slicer is safe for children to use with adult supervision. The blades are sharp, but they are protected by a safety guard to prevent any accidents.

3. Can the Watermelon Slicer be used for other fruits?

Yes, the Watermelon Slicer can also be used for other melons, such as cantaloupe and honeydew, as well as other large fruits like pineapples. It is also great for slicing cakes and other desserts.

4. How do I clean and maintain the Watermelon Slicer?

The Watermelon Slicer is dishwasher safe, but can also be easily cleaned with warm soapy water and a brush. Make sure to dry thoroughly after washing to prevent rusting. We also recommend sharpening the blades occasionally for optimal performance.

5. Will the Watermelon Slicer make a mess?

No, the Watermelon Slicer is designed to make clean and precise cuts, reducing mess and juice splatters. However, we recommend using a cutting board or plate underneath the watermelon to catch any excess juice.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • lacychef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jenm42
Replies