• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Watermelon Rice Krispies Treats Recipe | GloriousTreats.com

In summary, these Watermelon Krispie Treats from GloriousTreats.com are a creative and delicious twist on traditional Rice Krispie treats. The recipe uses green and red colored marshmallows to create a watermelon shape and chocolate covered sunflower seeds as the "seeds". It's a perfect treat for summer BBQs or parties.
DebPC
Staff member
Watermelon-treats-slice.jpg

Watermelon Krispie Treats- From GloriousTreats.com

Yield: 16-18 slices

Ingredients:

For the green (rind) outer ring-
4 cups Rice Krispies cereal
4 cups mini mashmallows
3 Tablespoons butter
green food coloring

For the red (watermelon) center-
5 cups Rice Krispies cereal
5 cups mini marshmallows
3 Tablespoons butter
red food coloring

Chocolate covered sunflower seeds, or mini chocolate chips

Directions:

Prepare 2- 8" cake pans by greasing with butter or non-stick spray.

Make the green (rind)-
Add 4 cups rice krispies to a large bowl, set aside.
Melt 4 cups marshmallows and 3 tablespoons butter in a large bowl in the microwave about 2 minutes, or until very puffy.
Carefully remove from microwave, stir, and add in green coloring.
Pour green marshmallow mixture over the bowl of rice krispies. Stir mixture together, quickly, using a buttered spatula.
Working quickly, divide the mixture between the two prepared cake pans, and press along the sides of the pans, creating a ring about 1.5 inches tall and 1-1.5 inches wide/thick. Rub a bit of butter on your hands as necessary, to prevent the mixture from sticking to your hands.

Make the red (watermelon) center-
Repeat as above, using the ingredients listed (left).
Press red mixture into the center of the two cake pans, press down and smoothign the top surface with a buttered spatula.

Add "seeds"
I added chocolate covered sunflower seeds, using a tiny bit of melted chocolate to keep each seed in place.

Recipe Source- Adapted from Kellogs Rice Krispies
Idea Source- Dine and Dish

Those are so cute.

Wow, these watermelon Krispie treats look amazing! I've never thought of using Rice Krispies to create a watermelon shape, but it seems like the perfect combination of fun and deliciousness. I love the idea of using chocolate covered sunflower seeds as the "seeds", it adds a nice touch to the overall look. I think I'll have to give this recipe a try for my next summer BBQ. Thanks for sharing from GloriousTreats.com!

1. Can I use regular Rice Krispies instead of Watermelon Rice Krispies?

Yes, you can substitute regular Rice Krispies for Watermelon Rice Krispies in this recipe. However, the watermelon flavor and pink color will be missing.

2. How do I make the Watermelon Rice Krispies stick together?

The key to making the Watermelon Rice Krispies stick together is to use enough melted butter and marshmallows. Be sure to press the mixture firmly into the pan before it cools.

3. Can I add other ingredients to the Watermelon Rice Krispies?

Absolutely! You can add chocolate chips, dried fruit, or nuts to the Watermelon Rice Krispies for added flavor and texture. Just mix them in with the Rice Krispies before pressing it into the pan.

4. How long do Watermelon Rice Krispies last?

Watermelon Rice Krispies can last for up to 3-4 days if stored in an airtight container at room temperature. However, for best results, it is recommended to consume them within the first 1-2 days.

5. Can I use a different type of cereal for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of cereal in this recipe, but the watermelon flavor and color will be missing. Some good alternatives are Fruity Pebbles or Trix cereal for a similar fruity taste and bright color.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam