• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Managing Group Orders: Tips for Restaurant Staff

In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of combining orders for multiple guests and the potential problems it can cause, especially with regards to warranties. Some participants encourage it while others discourage it, but it ultimately depends on the individual's preference. The main concern is ensuring that only one name is listed on the receipt and that the person responsible for the order is aware of any warranty issues.
lauriedip
wasn't sure where to put this but how do you guys do the receipts when several guests want to put orders on the same order? i've had 5 on one order! their name won't be on the receipt, is that a problem?
thanks
laurie

Re: receiptsLaurie: I can be a major problem if there is a warranty issue. I don't mind doing it if one guest is ordering something for under $10 that only has a one year warranty, but I don't encourage it. Sometimes a mother/daughter will add theirs together but when a group of "friends" or "co-workers" do it, it can lead to problems.

Re: receiptsI always remind them only one name can be listed on the receipt and it is necessary to keep a copy for any guarantee information. I don't encourage it but it does happen. I only give one receipt and will not be responsible for keeping track of who all the different items belong to. Maybe it happens more than guests and hosts want me to know about.

Re: receiptsI don't necessarily encourage it, but if people want to do it I let them. I tell them that if they combine they won't have a receipt with their own name on it, for warranty issues. If they still want to do it, I will provide them each with a copy of the receipt if they want or if I'm aware (when doing the PP+ receipts...I just print out extra copies)

Re: receiptsI guess I am the exception to this. If several people combine orders to save shipping, I make out a receipt in each name for them. I tell them that they must contact me with problems because they combined the orders and to save the receipt so they will have my name on it. I have one group who does this regularly and the last time, it was a real MESS! They combined 3-5 orders together to reach $60 for the bar board. I also gave one lady a 10% birthday discount and free shipping and she combined 2 other people's orders with hers. I was not too pleased with that since I wasn't giving the other people a birthday discount!

Re: receiptsI always stress that the warranty will be under the one name and that they will need to go through that person if a warranty issue should arise. Being military, people are always moving around, so the majority of my customers opt to just do their own order since they know that they won't be living near their "friend" in 1, 3 or 5 years. On lifetime warranty items, I REALLY stress the importance of ordering it under their own name and so far they've always grasped the concept and completed a separate order in their own name.

1. How can I efficiently manage group orders while also attending to individual customers?

One tip for managing group orders is to designate a specific area or server for those orders, so that they can be handled separately from individual orders. This will help streamline the process and ensure that group orders are not overlooked while serving other customers.

2. What should I do if a group order contains special requests or modifications?

It's important to communicate with the group organizer or representative to clearly understand any special requests or modifications for their order. Make sure to accurately note these requests and communicate them to the kitchen staff for preparation.

3. How do I handle payments for group orders?

Group orders can be paid for in a variety of ways, such as one person paying for the entire order or each individual paying separately. It's important to establish a clear payment process with the group organizer beforehand to avoid any confusion or delays.

4. What if a group order is running behind schedule?

In the event that a group order is taking longer than expected, it's important to communicate this with the group and provide updates. You may also consider offering complimentary drinks or appetizers to the group as a gesture of goodwill.

5. How can I ensure that all group orders are accurately fulfilled?

One way to ensure accuracy is to have a designated staff member double-check the group order before it is served. Additionally, having a clear and organized system for labeling and tracking group orders can help prevent any mistakes or mix-ups.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • mrshamel3808
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
mrshamel3808
  • esavvymom