• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wasn't Sure Where to Ask This Question

In summary, the conversation revolves around whether the person can claim the cost of hiring a babysitter as a business expense for their first show as a new consultant for PC. Some comments suggest that they may qualify for a tax credit instead, while others mention declaring it as an itemized deduction or 1099'ing the babysitter. Ultimately, it is recommended to consult with a tax professional for accurate advice.
CAPCnewbie
I'm a new consultant for Pc and just had my very first show on the weekend. I had to pay a babysitter to watch my kids for me since my hubby was working. Due to travel time, I ended up paying her $50 for the day. Does anyone know if I can claim what I paid her as an expense?
If I have to keep getting babysitters to do my business it may not be worth it kwim.

I'm not positive, but I don't think you can. I don't think people that have their kids in day cares get to write it off, but I don't have kids either, so I'm not positive.

Probably one of those "consult your tax advisor" things, but I think you can't use babysitting as a "business expense", but because you are working, you qualify to take the child care tax credit (not sure of the exact term). I do know that you have to be working and pay someone else to care for your children to qualify for that....

I have a hubby who works weekends too. I have really struggled with this but it has taught me to controll my calendar. I striclly limit my weekend shows. You may also get more bang for your buck if you can do 2 shows on 1 day.

When my children were young and I had a different FT job, I was able to declare it as an itemized deduction I believe. Not sure if things have changed though.

Again I am not sure, but I believe you can claim a certain amount of babysitting. I will tell you that I went thru exactly what you are going thru with the babysitting. Last year I was commited to growing my business but my husband was working over 100 hours a week and could NEVER watch the kids. I found babysitters that I could pay a resonable amount and worked my business really hard. I was able to increase my shows, sales and promote to director and now my husband is only working one job for the first time in 7 years. So I just want to encourage you that even if your reasons for being with PC are different than mine if you stick it out it can be worth it in the long run to pay a babysitter and work your business. It has been for my family.

I love the internet!

http://bx.businessweek.com/financial-advisers/childcare-is-not-a-business-expense/2654042797981628100-8f1c4811cf176aef4aeeceffaaccef0f/

You can't claim the babysitting as a business expense, but, as suggested by other posters, you may qualify for the tax credit - if you make a profit!

A friend of mine used to take the SSN's of her babysitters for tax purposes.

My accountant told me I could claim the babysitter only if I 1099'd her. I wasn't OK with that so I pay for my middle son's day care/pre school out of my business account and claim that instead. I do almost all my office time when he is at school. BUT I would check with a pro, my situation may be different than yours.

What is the best product for cooking with children?

The Pampered Chef Kids' Pizza Set is a great option for cooking with children. It includes a rolling pin, pizza cutter, and mini pizza stone perfect for little hands.

Do you have any gluten-free products?

Yes, we offer a variety of gluten-free products, including our Gluten-Free Flour Mix and Gluten-Free Brownie Mix.

What is the return policy?

Our return policy allows for returns or exchanges within 30 days of purchase. Please keep in mind that some items may have different return policies, so be sure to check the specific product's return policy.

How do I become a consultant for Pampered Chef?

You can become a consultant by filling out an application on our website or by contacting a current consultant. We also offer starter kits and training to help you get started on your journey as a consultant.

Do you offer discounts for bulk orders?

Yes, we offer discounts for bulk orders. Please contact our customer service team for more information on bulk pricing and discounts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• debbieskitchenhelper
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
  • lt1jane
  • General Chat
Replies