1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Warren's Loss for The Year!

1. pampchefrhondab

pampchefrhondab Senior Member

Well since PC is part of Warren's portfolio I thought I would tell you what I heard on the CBS morning show today. Warren's net worth went from 62 billion down to 37 billion this year!

2. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

I saw that yesterday. It said that Berkshire Hathaway stock went down 50% - I wonder what kind of performance PC did?

Mar 12, 2009
  3. pkd09

pkd09 Future Director Silver Member

It would be interesting to know the breakdown of each company he owes and how they performed. My sales are good and am not at a loss for shows but I know some areas are really hurting. This is where our creativity comes in to play to generate leads for shows. Warren is a smart man and will survive even with his loss.

Mar 12, 2009
  4. pampchefrhondab

Yeah, I wish we could know how PC is doing compared to other companies. I'm sure things are down, but how much would be good to know.

5. The_Kitchen_Guy

The_Kitchen_Guy Legend Member Silver Member

Leno said the other night that the economy is sooooo bad, he saw Warren Buffet bumming money from Jimmy Buffet.

Isn't it heart-breaking? Warren is almost destitute...he's only worth $37 billion.

Boo.

Hoo.

6. It's not surprising since Forest River(RV Company) is part of Berkshire Hathaway. I am sure that has hurt quit a bit.

Mar 12, 2009
  7. chefsteph07

chefsteph07 Legacy Member

Plus, the article I read had him quoted as saying in 08 he made some "dumb investments"...guess if it happens to him it can be anyone...

Mar 12, 2009
  8. pampchefrhondab

LOL - hope that investment wasn't PC:)! Okay, don't bight my head off, I'm just kidding! It can get ugly on here sometimes when people don't know you're joking.

9. The_Kitchen_Guy

TPC is a very small slice of the Buffet pie. I wouldn't worry about it.

10. legacypc46

legacypc46 Senior Member Gold Member

Actually, I think we're more like the free cookie you get with your coffee. :)

Mar 12, 2009
  11. erinb

erinb Member Gold Member

I hope he wasn't using Madoff for his investments!

Mar 12, 2009
  12. The_Kitchen_Guy

You must have better coffee places down there than we have up here. :mad: Free cookie, indeed.

I actually hate to hear of anyone at the wealth level of Buffet or Gates or the like that they are taking losses. Those folks are the captains of industry that provide jobs - and since a rising tide raises all boats - when those guys make money, we all make money. A lowering tide lowers all boats, when they lose, ultimately, so do we.

The reduction of their wealth by taxation simply lowers the tide. It's basic economics and not political opinion, either, it's just the way it is. It's been proven over and over and over since the days of Adam Smith that lowering taxes increases government revenue but there are certain hard-headed people out there that just refuse to believe that fact. So, do you think those wealthiest Americans don't pay their fair share of taxes? Shoud we take more from them? How much is fair?

WHO PAYS THE TAXES?

Facts:

• In 2002 the latest year of available data, the top 5 percent of taxpayers paid more than one-half (53.8 percent) of all individual income taxes, but reported roughly one-third (30.6 percent) of income.
    • The top 1 percent of taxpayers paid 33.7 percent of all individual income taxes in 2002. This group of taxpayers has paid more than 30 percent of individual income taxes since 1995. Moreover, since 1990 this group’s tax share has grown faster than their income share.
    • Taxpayers who rank in the top 50 percent of taxpayers by income pay virtually all individual income taxes. In all years since 1990, taxpayers in this group have paid over 94 percent of all individual income taxes. In 2000, 2001, and 2002, this group paid over 96 percent of the total.

Source: US Treasury Department

13. pampchefrhondab

Amen............!

Have something to add?