• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookware Flaking Off: Warranty Advice Needed!

In summary, a customer expressed concern about the warranty on her professional cookware, stating that the exterior was flaking off. She purchased the cookware within the last 3 years and the consultant she bought it from is no longer available. The consultant was advised to contact customer service with a receipt or information about the purchase date and consultant's name to proceed with the warranty claim. It was also noted that the professional cookware does not have a coating on the exterior, but rather a hard anodized aluminum shell. If the cookware was put in the dishwasher, the outer layer may become thinner.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
I had a show today where the lady was very interested in the warranty on the cookware. After the show she said that she had purchase some of the professional cookware and the outsides of it are flaking off. I have not seen it to know what she is talking about yet, but I don't know that I would know if I look at it. She said she purchased it within the last 3 years and is pretty sure she still has her receipt. The consultant she bought it from is no longer a consultant. I told her that the warranty was good under normal wear and tear, but I don't know
Any advice?

The entire process will be easier if she has the receipt. If not, if she remembers the consultant's name and about the time she made the purchase, HO may be able to locate the sale date. Either way, my experience has been that customer service really wants to help out.

I'd start by sending an e-mail to customer service from CC. Under Managing Your Business --> Home Office Contacts --> Customer Service

Explain what has transpired so far (just as you did here) and they will tell you how to proceed from there.

If the outside of the pan is flaking off she probably has the Gen II cookware not the professional. The outside of the professional cookware is not a coating. It is the actual aluminum shell the cookware is made out of. The exterior gets its texture and gray color because of the chemical reaction while making it hard anodized.

Just do your consultant duty and find out exactly what she has and like Kitchen Guy says about when she bought, from whose show, name of host and/or consultant.

also if she put it in the dishwasher the outer layer does get thinner. I heard that last night

1. What causes cookware to flake off?

Cookware can flake off due to a variety of reasons, including overheating, using metal utensils, and improper cleaning. It can also be a sign of wear and tear from frequent use.

2. Is flaking off covered under the Pampered Chef warranty?

Yes, flaking off is covered under our lifetime warranty for our non-stick cookware. This means that if your cookware is flaking off due to a defect in materials or workmanship, we will replace it free of charge.

3. How can I prevent my cookware from flaking off?

To prevent flaking off, make sure to follow the care instructions for your specific cookware. Avoid using metal utensils, and do not heat your cookware above the recommended temperature. Also, avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers on non-stick surfaces.

4. How do I submit a warranty claim for my flaking cookware?

To submit a warranty claim for your flaking cookware, please contact our customer service team at 1-800-342-2433. They will guide you through the process and help you with any additional questions or concerns.

5. Can I continue to use my cookware if it is flaking off?

No, we do not recommend using cookware that is flaking off. It can affect the quality of your food and potentially be a safety hazard. Please discontinue use and contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • ahammons
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
  • ChefCKHall
  • General Chat
Replies