• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Replacing Discontinued Stoneware After House Fire - Can Pampered Chef Help?

In summary, PC will not replace the stoneware because it was a fire, not a defect in the merchandise. The customer is upset because those pieces were being discontinued and they want to know if they can still get them.
samcmills
I already know the answer to this one but I told my customer I would ask some other consultants, so I am asking.

She just had a show on the 14th of August, her and a guest purchased the rectangular bowl/lid and baker for the set. The guest's house burned down. My customer wants to know if PC will replace the stoneware. I told her I didn't believe they would as this was a fire, not a defect in the merchandise. The lady hasn't even been back in the house to see if the stoneware survived. Does anyone have a thought on this?

They are upset because those pieces were being discontinued. Another question would be can I run a show for her dating it for August and order those two pieces? Would they still be able to get them? I know you can usually close a show that was held within 30 days and still get the products/specials, does that include discontinued items.

Sorry so long, any help would be appreciated. I had to call my DH I was so aggravated about this. My customer (friend of a friend), was acting outraged at the thought PC might not cover this which really aggravated me I have to say, why should they IMO.

Susan

WOW, that's terrible. Yes you can date a show for her for August but you will want to get this in ASAP because if they run out of this, she really will be mad.:( You could even turn it as a personal order for you and get it at 20% off and turn it in now for her.

About PC returning it, I don't think they would. I mean, how does PC know that there really was a fire. My guess would be to have her go into the house and see if there is any pieces of the stone remaining. If so, send that back and PC should replace it for her. Just my 2 cents.;)

The insurance company will have her list everything that was lost. She should be sure to list her PC products. You can still order the lid/bowl if you date it August. PC will not cover that kind of loss. Sorry.

PS: I have an extra one (NIB) if PC is sold out. Just let me know...

I would place an order for her to get one ASAP! Date it as August and it will be fine. If she can find a piece then send it in, but I wouldn't chance that she will find a piece big enough for HO to send a new one to her. Plus, that is the last thing she should be worried about!!

, as a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I completely understand your frustration with this situation. Unfortunately, in this case, I do not believe that Pampered Chef would replace the stoneware that was lost in the house fire. As you mentioned, this is not a defect in the merchandise, but rather a tragic event that occurred. It is always heartbreaking to hear about situations like this, but unfortunately, it is not something that Pampered Chef would cover.In regards to your second question about running a show for this customer and ordering the discontinued pieces, I would advise against it. As you mentioned, the 30-day window for closing a show and still receiving the products and specials does not apply to discontinued items. I would hate for your customer to be disappointed if she is unable to receive those items.I hope this helps clarify the situation for you and your customer. As always, it is important to communicate this information to your customers and manage their expectations. Thank you for reaching out to other consultants for their thoughts and opinions, it is always helpful to have a second perspective. Best of luck to you and your customer during this difficult time.

1. What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that offers high-quality kitchen tools, cookware, and food products.

2. Can Pampered Chef help with replacing discontinued stoneware after a house fire?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a lifetime guarantee on all stoneware products. If your stoneware was discontinued, they will work with you to find a similar replacement or provide a credit towards a new product.

3. How do I go about replacing my stoneware through Pampered Chef?

You can contact Pampered Chef's customer service team through their website or by phone to start the replacement process. They will likely ask for proof of purchase and photos of the damaged stoneware.

4. Is there a cost for replacing discontinued stoneware through Pampered Chef?

No, if your stoneware was discontinued, Pampered Chef will replace it free of charge. However, if the stoneware is still in production, there may be a small fee to cover shipping and handling.

5. How long does it take to receive a replacement for discontinued stoneware from Pampered Chef?

The time frame for receiving a replacement will vary depending on the availability of the product. However, Pampered Chef strives to process replacements as quickly as possible and keep customers updated on the status of their order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• christyh
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • DebPC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • lisasfuncooking