• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are the Sell-A-Thon Requirements Changing for June SAT?

In summary, the Sell-A-Thon requirements for the June SAT have changed. Now orders must be held and submitted during the month of June.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I just wanted to point out to all that they have changed the Sell-A-Thon requirements for the June SAT. We used to have until the 5th of the next month to submit orders now, according to the May CN, they have to be held and submitted during the month of June.

Rules: To earn the new product at the two-Show level, qualified
Cooking Shows, Catalog Shows, Fundraiser Shows and Wedding
Showers must be held and submitted June 1-30, 2008.

I just wanted to point this out so that no one gets screwed by submitting a show late. Plus, it's a great reminder to book the beginning of the month up anyway!

Oh that stinks because I have a show June 28th and I have a hard time getting my hosts to close quickly! I need to get more strict about it.

All the sales incentives this year have been held and submitted within a period, with no grace days for closing and submitting.

For the last Sell-a-Thon (November 2007) we had until December 5th to submit, so thanks for the heads up Wadesgirl!

I noticed that too - bummer - June is hard for me with the kids and everyone has graduations, recitals, etc. BUMMER!!

Oh yay, I am so excited, all of my May and the last of my April somehow all pushed back to June. I was hoping that was sell-a-thon month! Now I am happy :) Thanks for the news!

I am glad we get the opportunity to earn free but it was so much easier to keep track and explain to downline when everything went by the date you turned it in. The way it is your shows at the end of the month often count for no incentives and I would think that would also bombard them at the end of the month for closing up shows that would otherwise have been spread out.

My theory (and it's only a theory) is that there may have been people exploiting the grace period by holding shows those first couple of days of the month and back-dating them so they'd count for the incentives.

chefann said:
My theory (and it's only a theory) is that there may have been people exploiting the grace period by holding shows those first couple of days of the month and back-dating them so they'd count for the incentives.
Man, that would totally stink! It's all I can do to get my show closed with-in 3-5 days! I looked at the calendar and the 30th of June is a Monday so I was guessing that they figured we could close any weekend shows by then.

chefann said:

I was thinking the same thing, Ann.

Ann but now they do it the other way. If you hold a show May 29 and date it June 1. So either way that will happen.

Last edited:
That would happen any time with any incentive. All the sales incentives I've seen in the past 6 years have had a specific period for holding and submitting, HO's just tightened that up recently by eliminating the extra days to submit at the end.

Let your hosts know you are working on an incentive and see if they would work with you on getting your show closed on time! Or book more shows towards the beginning of the month so you aren't counting on the late show.

speaking of that, I have a May 30 show....i might just make it a 6/1 show. hee hee hee.

Is this for the fall sell a thon??? Where did you find that information?? Thanks in advance!

It is in the May newsletter, and some Directors have forwarded the info to their teams already.

Has it been that long since everything the host got went by her date and everything for consultants went by the date submitted. That was all for every incentive when I started until the last few years I thought but maybe it has been longer. That made it easy to keep track on pampered partner anything you submitted counted instead of keep track of dates.

Ok- now that you mention it that way, I do remember a few of those when I first started. But HO changed it because lots of consultants were holding lots of shows over from the month prior to the incentives to submit for the incentive. There was a huge stink made by some consultants when it was changed, but that was back in 2002 or even late 2001. (I know some people would find out that, for example SAT was going to be June, and would hold all shows from May 15 and later to submit June 1, so they'd get SAT credit, but hosts and guests would still get May specials.) Now I'm curious about when they actually changed it - I'll have to go through my old newsletters.

I never thought about holding them that long yikes! but you know whatever they do there are those that will find a way.... I just miss the incentives for the shows held at the end of the month because I hate to not allow people to collect outside orders from those that had something come up last min and can't make it.

I will let you do the research on when it changed. Close to when Doris stepped down I am sure.

hmm... I found some for the end of 2004 that just specify "submitted in" with no "held in" stipulation. I guess I misremembered when it changed. "Held and submitted" makes more sense to me, because they're always generally worded as "June sales" and if the show isn't IN June, then they're not technically June sales. IMO. Your mileage may vary. ;)

Also, part of the reason that they are not having anything held over is because we can earn things in July as well... it's not on the sheet but the sheet says "earn in June and July." That way consultant's won't be holding things over for the next incentive.

When I've had shows close to the end of the month, I've explained to my host before-hand that I'm trying to earn "such and such", so if it's at all possible, I need to close out by "X" date. They've always been so awesome and have always helped me out. I've found that people tend to like help others succeed. Especially women.

finley1991 said:
Also, part of the reason that they are not having anything held over is because we can earn things in July as well... it's not on the sheet but the sheet says "earn in June and July." That way consultant's won't be holding things over for the next incentive.

Oh good, because I felt kind of silly when I read that it was a June SAT. I booked July like crazy already so that I could earn everything I could! I missed out my first year and I know it's attainable this time!

To me it seems like HO has set themselves up for a really busy month end, like they keep asking us to help them avoid.

Ok - for us newbies - what is a sell a thon????

I looked in CN but couldnt find it.

It'll be in the May newsletter. We can earn the new Fall products (to be introduced at National Conference) based on our sales in June. That's sell-a-thon (or SAT). There are usually several levels, so it's not an all-or-nothing proposition.

If I recall correctly (November was my first month) the shows had to be held AND submitted then too. I had a Dec. 1 show that I'm not sure counted ... then again, I didn't have enough sales to qualify for the higher levels anyway.Anybody know what the higher levels are? I'm shooting for a STELLAR June!

Di_Can_Cook said:
If I recall correctly (November was my first month) the shows had to be held AND submitted then too. I had a Dec. 1 show that I'm not sure counted ... then again, I didn't have enough sales to qualify for the higher levels anyway.

Anybody know what the higher levels are? I'm shooting for a STELLAR June!
You had to have the show dated November but could submit until December 5th. This time they have to be held and submitted in June.

Higher levels as in $ amounts? It's usually $1500 - $3000 - $6000

You can see it know online.

You can see it know online.
I can't. Are you a director?Yes, $1,500, $3,000 ... that really helps ... I'll set my goal at $3,000, then!

no you pull up the april cn & type may in apr spot in the web address line.

chefann said:
hmm... I found some for the end of 2004 that just specify "submitted in" with no "held in" stipulation. I guess I misremembered when it changed. "Held and submitted" makes more sense to me, because they're always generally worded as "June sales" and if the show isn't IN June, then they're not technically June sales. IMO. Your mileage may vary. ;)

I remember when it counted as long as it was submitted within that month too. I have been in since 2002 and I recall earning items from submitting shows from the previous month. I really didn't do it because of the incentive but it just was the timing of when it closed.

It is a shame that these things keep getting changed because of someone else manipulating the system but to be honest if they are going to do it, they will find a way.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
angmillar
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
tx_deputyswife