• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

**Warning** Pws Newsletters Went Out to Optouts

In summary, Sarah was almost fired from her job because one of the upper level people at her job had signed up for her newsletter and then a few months later she opted out. Sarah showed that she was still marked as an opt out and it wasn't her fault. It must have been a glitch with the new website cutover. Sarah sent an appology email to all her opt outs and is glad that she got sorted out.
sarahsworld2000
I just found this out so I thought I would share. I almost got fired from my job! One of the upper level people at my job had signed up for my newsletter and then a few months later she opted out. No biggie, right. Well she just got May's newsletter. They thought that I added her back in and almost let me go. I pulled up and showed that she was still marked as an opt out and it wasn't my fault. It must have been a glitch with the new website cutover.
Just thought I would pass that on to you guys. I think I'll send an appology email to all my opt outs.
Thanks,
Sarah

Geesh...that's kind of harsh to almost fire you over it. Thanks for the heads up.

I just sent a HWC e-mail to all my contacts. It listed 3 people would not get the e-mail because they have opted out. I hope this will be the case and I don't hear that they are upset.

=O oh my!!! glad she saw you didn't add her back on!

esavvymom said:
Geesh...that's kind of harsh to almost fire you over it.

My thoughts exactly. Hardly job-related, I assume!

ChefPeg said:
My thoughts exactly. Hardly job-related, I assume!

Well, it depends on how strict of a no solicitations policy the company has.

sarahsworld2000 said:
I just found this out so I thought I would share. I almost got fired from my job! One of the upper level people at my job had signed up for my newsletter and then a few months later she opted out. No biggie, right. Well she just got May's newsletter. They thought that I added her back in and almost let me go. I pulled up and showed that she was still marked as an opt out and it wasn't my fault. It must have been a glitch with the new website cutover.
Just thought I would pass that on to you guys. I think I'll send an appology email to all my opt outs.
Thanks,
Sarah

Wow... they seem a bit uptight about it. She could have just said, "I didn't want this anymore and opted out but still got it. What's the deal?"

But to threaten your job?? Geez. Glad it got sorted out for you though...

I've had several issues with the PWS newsletters. The kicker was just this January when I made a email up announcing my open house the following week. No one received it. I called HO who said they'd look into it. Two days after the event my newsletter went out!! HO said they'd look into it. I had 23 customers opt out.

I was not compensated in any way.

I don't use the HO Newsletter, but I think I read that they were changing companies again. If a new company did the newsletter this month, that's probably how the error occurred. Not that it makes the error right ... the existing "opt outs" should have been carried over & omitted with the new company as well ... just explaining HOW it might have happened.

Sorry that your boss was so tough on you. I can understand her being mad if you had disregarded her request & added her back on the list without her knowledge or permission, but she could have at least ASKED before she jumped to conclusions. I think she overreacted just a tad bit. :rolleyes:

Man, can you imagine being her child? :eek:

1. What are Pws Newsletters?

Pws Newsletters are promotional emails sent out by Pampered Chef to keep customers and consultants informed about new products, sales, and other important updates.

2. Why did I receive a Pws Newsletter if I opted out?

There may be a few reasons why you received a Pws Newsletter even though you opted out. It could be due to a technical error or a delay in the system. We apologize for any inconvenience and will make sure to update your preferences to ensure you do not receive future newsletters.

3. Can I still opt out of Pws Newsletters?

Yes, you can still opt out of Pws Newsletters. You can do so by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email or by contacting our customer service team.

4. Will I still receive important updates if I opt out of Pws Newsletters?

Yes, opting out of Pws Newsletters will only stop promotional emails. You will still receive important updates regarding your orders or account.

5. How often do Pws Newsletters go out?

Pws Newsletters usually go out once a week, but this may vary depending on promotions and updates. We strive to keep our customers and consultants informed without overwhelming their inbox.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jwpamp
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • sarahsworld2000
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
pcjenr
  • Bren706