• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Warning - I Will Be Complaining and It Is Long

In summary, the conversation revolves around a customer, "L," who initially showed interest in purchasing a 16 piece set from the speaker. However, after receiving the set, she now wants to return it due to it being too bulky and heavy. The speaker has been in contact with L for a few weeks to get her the set and even delivered it to her at 10pm one night. L has been unresponsive to the speaker's attempts to offer a refund or alternative product. The speaker is now concerned about the situation and plans to send a timeline of events to HO.
cmdtrgd
Gold Member
So, here's the basic timeline.
1. Met "L" at a booth in November - she played with SA, loved them but had no money
2. L signed up for the $25 shopping spree drawing and won
3. L finally gave me her order of the SA 16 piece set on the last day of Nov...had been in contact with her for 2 weeks to get it
4. Order shipped to me, delivered to her in 3rd week of December - I got busy and she didn't want to pick it up...I don't remember this, but apparently I said I would deliver...normally don't do that
5. L was excited to use them for December holiday dinner
6. January 21 I get a friend request on Facebook for L and an email saying she wants to return the dishes and she will bring them to me
7. I ask what is wrong, she says she just opened them up a day or so before and didn't get to them for December holiday dinner (even though I busted my butt to get them to her at 10pm one night) and they are too bulky and heavy. Remember, she did play with them (and I had a whole 4 piece place setting there) at the booth
8. I ask her if she wants her money back or something else - no response for 2 days...she seemed in such a hurry at first, but that may be my perception. I said I would get the info on sending them back to her as soon as I get the response.
9. I email her today asking again if she wants something else or a refund. I couldn't finish the adjustment without that info. She wants a refund and again says she will bring them to me
10. I tell her I am not authorized to accept returns (really thinking....um, no I'm not going to PAY to have that @#$#% heavy stuff sent back!) and that I would email her with the return information as soon as I get it from HO.
11. She emails me back while I'm at a show tonight asking if I could call her and that she would like a receipt. I am pretty sure I put the receipt in the box I delivered to her, but there is a good chance I didn't.
12. I get home from the show, email her saying I was sorry I didn't call but couldn't because I was at a show and when would be a good time to call tomorrow. I do tell her about the receipt, and own up that I might not have put it in the box and will get it to her asap.
13. I get this response back I called the company tonight. They will be contacting you. They will issue me an authorzation tomorrow
14. I ask if I could call her now since we are both up. I don't call after 9 without permission.
15. She says sorry but she is already in bed.

Okay, WTF?

Oh, and I did look at the online official printable receipt and us not being able to accept returns is NOT on there anymore!!! Again, WTF?

Seriously, I believe she used them for December holiday dinner and now needs the money she spent on them. She can't afford or doesn't want to pay to have them sent back and is trying to force them on me!

I am livid!

If anything, this timeline will help me when HO calls - and I kept all emails via FB and my address.

If you've made it all the way here, thanks. Any suggestions on what to do next?

Wow, so sorry! And you have nothing to worry about...IF HO even calls you (which I don't know why they would), I would tell them what happened.

It is NOT your responsibility to send things back or even to do a return at all. It is PC's product and PC's responsibility to take care of this matter. It's a courtesy to your customer -- and I would say you have been more than courteous so far!

I am only assuming that an "authorization" means a label to return them??? If not, they would have said "reference #". Either way, I would just stay as far away from this crazy lady as possible!!

Oh, and I love that she replied it was too late to call her because she was in bed....surely she was sleeping!! ;-)

Nutcase.

Seriously, I needed to hear that. I was thinking of expanding on the timeline (to send to HO) with the emails she sent me. All I know is that she is NOT getting another $25 in free product and I am getting that part back on my card!

Geez Kate! That's horrible!! Good luck with this situation. We all have a bad apple somewhere in our career!! Ick!

I'd call HO and find out if she really did call them and let them know your side. They will still probably do the refund, but at least your name won't be tarnished. Also, you need to let them know that $25 of that is yours. She is scamming you big time. Once this is over delete her from your newsletter too. ick!

Good grief!Hope today goes better!FYI... The part on the sales receipt about 'consultants not being authorized to take returns' hasn't been on the receipts for at least 2 years. I really wish they would put that back on!!!!

Sorry. I always find it strange that the people "Give" things to, are often the biggest pains and expect everything to be done or given to them.

Ugh....interesting that she could take the time to call HO, but had such a problem calling you and following through on her end. What a pain in the.... = X I think you're right...she is feeling the pinch in her wallet and is too embarassed to admit it. Easier to get all angry and toss the blame your way....God forbid she take accountability for the problem. Do be sure HO refunds the 25 to your CC. Sorry you had to take a hit from someone who should have shown more grace considering you rewarded her with $25 free!

Ugh, Kate! I feel for you!I would call HO and see what is up, explain the situation so they can document this even if she hasn't called them. If she does end up calling them later, they will have your side of the story already. I had someone want to return all 12 pcs of Exec Cookware once! Crazy is right!

Oh, and the adjustment email I just got this morning said they couldn't split the refund....I'm going to call this afternoon.Not looking forward to calling the customer either, but I said I would, so I will...after I call HO!

I'd let HO take care of it from here on out. If she called HO first, let them run with it. This is beyond annoying. But that's what we get sometimes when we work with the public...looneys abound!

My latest pet peeve: people that either walk by my booth or respond to the host's invite with "Oh, I love PC. I have everything in the catalog already." I have started to respond to those at booths with "Wow! You have EVERYTHING? All 304 products? How Cool! So how do you like that finger guard (or some other obscure little thing you know they don't have)? I love mine!".
Seriously, if you don't want to purchase anything, no big deal, but don't make an assanine statement like that . You don't walk into Target and announce "I have everything in the store--why am I even here?"

Sorry, Kate! What a pain! I hope this all works out for you.

finley1991 said:
FYI... The part on the sales receipt about 'consultants not being authorized to take returns' hasn't been on the receipts for at least 2 years. I really wish they would put that back on!!!!

This bothered me so much when they took it off and I am not totally clear as to why they did. I too wish they would put it back on because it needlessly puts us in this situation.

Kate...
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I have dealt with loonies like this before and it is not fun. If you are in good standing with PC (which I know you are!) they will document it and document that you handled it appropriately.

Don't let this idiot get you down. It is hurtful, no matter what. Just do me one favor...make sure you don't dwell on it because from experience, I know it can get you way down. It makes you question the human race when you run into leeches like this. They want everything for nothing and like to blame it on others. If you contact PC, make sure they know that she said she used it. She still can return it, but it paints a more accurate picture of who they are dealing with.

So, I called HO and they don't have record of her calling last night. However, the gal in Career Solutions (my favorite section!) said there might be a call, but not in the system yet. So, I gave her a very brief run-down of what happened and she put it in the system.The good part is that the financial dept and I finally got them to realize that they needed to refund her the amount she put on her card and send me a check for the rest. I'm eating the shipping, but it is worth it to get her off my back. I'll be emailing her the reference number and then calling to finish up this crap. Thanks for listening/reading and supporting me - I feel loved!

Isn't she still in her 30 days or so for the return ship thing where they will cover the cost to send it back? I know it is not really related to your beef with L, but I am curious.

She ordered in November

Nanisu said:
My latest pet peeve: people that either walk by my booth or respond to the host's invite with "Oh, I love PC. I have everything in the catalog already." I have started to respond to those at booths with "Wow! You have EVERYTHING? All 304 products? How Cool! So how do you like that finger guard (or some other obscure little thing you know they don't have)? I love mine!".
Seriously, if you don't want to purchase anything, no big deal, but don't make an assanine statement like that . You don't walk into Target and announce "I have everything in the store--why am I even here?"

I love that! I can't tell you how many times I start talking to the people who have everything and they don't even have some of the basic products like the food chopper.:D

I respond with - "Wow! Have you ever thought of doing something like Pampered Chef before? We get to earn the new products when they come out every 6 months!"

I'm washing that customer right out of my hair! Love that musical...anyhoo, got the money situation figured out, got the adjustment number for her and emailed it and then called her last night. She asked if she had contacted me just a few days earlier if I would have come over to pick up the products and send them back on HO's dollar. I said "Not really. It's 30 days from the shipment date which was the beginning of December, so a few weeks earlier and HO would have sent FedEx with a call tag to take them back. I am not authorized to receive the products for return." She then proceeded to hand the phone to her daughter to give me her address....um, why couldn't she give it to me? Then her daughter asked if I wanted to talk with her again, and I said yes in case there was something else. L hung up on me. Well :p~ to her!She is a FB friend, but I'm thinking I might unfriend her. Not sure how to deal with that since she doesn't have many friends yet (keeping my snarky comment to myself) and would probably notice.Thanks for listening and supporting!!!!! LOVE you guys!

Good Lord, Kate! You handled that so well, and it's too bad she just continued being a butt. Buh-Bye to her! And not having many FB friends may be an indicator that she just isn't so much fun to have around! = X

Great Job moving through that very difficult mess with Grace! Thanks for a great example to follow! Happy Shampooing it all away!

1. Why is the product taking so long to arrive?

The shipping time for our products can vary depending on the availability of the item and your location. We strive to get your products to you as quickly as possible, but sometimes delays can occur due to high demand or unforeseen circumstances. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

2. Can I return the product if I am not satisfied?

Yes, we have a satisfaction guarantee for all our products. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange. Please see our return policy for more details.

3. How do I contact customer service about my complaint?

You can contact our customer service team by phone, email, or through our website. Our representatives are available to assist you with any complaints or concerns you may have. Please have your order number and details of the issue ready for faster assistance.

4. Why is the product not working as advertised?

We apologize for any inconvenience if the product is not working as advertised. Please check the product instructions and make sure you are using it correctly. If the issue persists, please contact our customer service team for further assistance.

5. Can I get a discount for my inconvenience?

We understand your frustration and we apologize for any inconvenience caused. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer discounts for complaints. However, we always strive to provide the best customer service and will do our best to resolve any issues you may have. Thank you for your understanding.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
baychef
  • PamperedK
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Mel5497
  • amy07
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies