• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried Warm Upside Down Apple Cakes yet?

In summary, the speaker made a delicious and simple apple cake using a recipe from page 30 of the SS 2012 Season Best. They used salad choppers and a large scoop to make the process easier. The cakes were easy to remove from the tins and could be served with ice cream or caramel. The speaker recommends adding more cinnamon for a stronger flavor and suggests using extra apples for the bottom of the cake if using a brownie pan. The speaker also shared photos of the finished product.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
Can you say YUMMY and super simple?! I made these tonight for my in-laws. The recipe was simple to do and my house smelled so good while making them. When I made them I used the salad choppers to chop of the apples vs the food chopper. I also used the large scoop to fill the pie tins and it was about two full scoops per tin. I really didn't understand how using the chef's tongs were going to help flip out the cakes so I used my ove-gloves and flipped out each cake into my covered hand. The cakes fell out of the tins so easily. If you were doing individual serving plates then you could turn out each cake onto the plate but I was taking these with me so I flipped them out and put them on the large round platter.

My mother-in-law ooohed and awed over them when we got there. They were so tempting we split one before dinner! We ate the rest after dinner, they had cooled down at that point but could have easily been warmed back up. The cake was so light and yummy. The cinnamon flavor wasn't very heavy so if you want more then just add some to the batter itself. The apple chunks in the cake were a nice addition. Would have been good with ice cream served on the side or with some caramel drizzled over the top.

I have pictures but they aren't loaded yet.

sounds delicious! can't wait to try them myself.

I'm getting hungry!

Do you think this would work in the brownie pan?

mgranich said:
Do you think this would work in the brownie pan?

It might work in the brownie pan but there might be more than one batch. It made a lot of batter (I wasn't sure the pie tins would hold it but it came out perfect). You might also want to cut up an extra apple for the bottom part so there's enough apple in the batter.

Where was this recipe? With one of the product cards?

Page 30 of SS 2012 Season Best

1. How long do I need to bake the Warm Upside Down Apple Cakes?

The Warm Upside Down Apple Cakes should be baked in a preheated oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes.

2. Can I use other fruits instead of apples for this recipe?

Yes, you can use other fruits such as pears, peaches, or even pineapple to make a delicious upside down cake. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.

3. Do I need to peel the apples before using them in the cake?

It is recommended to peel the apples before using them in the cake for a smoother texture. However, if you prefer a more rustic look, you can leave the peels on.

4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it later?

Yes, you can make the Warm Upside Down Apple Cakes ahead of time and reheat them in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes before serving. However, they are best enjoyed fresh out of the oven.

5. Can I use a different type of pan for this recipe?

Yes, you can use a different type of pan such as a round cake pan or a cast iron skillet. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly and check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center of the cake.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
RoseAndrews
  • bridgetbakes
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
bridgetbakes
Replies