• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do you handle food allergies with this recipe?

In summary, the recipe calls for pressing whole candies into the warm brownie dough. You can substitute pretzels for nuts if someone has allergies.
jj16
Gold Member
Hi all. Hoping to get some clarification. Toward the end of the Warm Nutty Carmel Brownie recipe after you take it out and put it on the cooling rack. Do you seriously just smush the carmels into the brownies or do you just let them melt on top? I'm a little confused. I'd love to try it but would like to have some clarification first.

I was also wondering how you handle food allergies, etc. I'm new but with this recipe it would be a concern of mine of what if one of the hosts guests were allergic to nuts.

Thanks.

Just press them into the brownies & then follow the rest of the recipe. They are soooo yummy!! Fantastic show recipe too.

I actually put them on top, then pop it back in the oven for a few minutes to make sure they get all warm and gooey.

Love this recipe for shows. Since the brownie dough is soft from being warm, gently press the candy into the dough. It is still hot, so it will melt the candy. When I do this at a show, I make sure to ask about peanut allergies. I did have a show with a guest who was allergic. Luckily I was able to cut out the nuts on half on the brownies and she ate the ends.

Follow the recipe - 24 of the candies get pressed (whole) into the warm brownie. The other 16 are cut up and sprinkled on top.

I press them into the brownie too - it's so easy and produces a WOW. Then when you sprinkle the cut up candies and more chocolate people are besides themselves and can't wait to have some.

You can crush pretzels to subsititue for nuts if someone has allergies. My husband can't eat nuts or have something that has any nuts near it. I've made it both ways and they are both yummy (I prefer the nuts version but I love my hubby so at home the pretzels are it).

Thanks everyone for the clarification and for the suggestions if someone is allergic to nuts. This site has been great.

As far as nut allergies, some people can be so allergic to nuts that they can't be near anything that was made around nuts. This is something you should ask your hostess to verify.

There is a child at DH's school that is so VERY allergic to nuts that if the teacher eats a peanutbutter sandwich and comes near his papers without washing her hand he could have a reaction.

yup, just sink the the rolos right into the brownies! it is so amazing! people who didn't see you make it will be asking what you put in it to make them so yummy! (i made them right before my kick-off so the place smelled like brownies when they walked in)and on the allergies thread...check the brownie mix to make sure it is nut-free too, and the chocolate chips. check labels! those allergies are tricky!

I'm not allergic but don't like nuts with chocolate so I substitute pretzels. You get the crunchy and salty taste.

I made these brownies at a party last month and forgot to clarify for the host that the recipe calls for Rolos. I showed up at the party and she had purchased Kraft caramels, there wasn't a chocolate chip to be found in the house, and then no one wanted nuts. I told her no problem. I asked if anyone had mini Snickers or mini Peanut Butter Cups (it's a two-family house). She produced a bag of the peanut butter cups, and I used those in place of the Rolos. They were delicious and everyone loved them. :)

KellyCooks said:
I made these brownies at a party last month and forgot to clarify for the host that the recipe calls for Rolos. I showed up at the party and she had purchased Kraft caramels, there wasn't a chocolate chip to be found in the house, and then no one wanted nuts. I told her no problem. I asked if anyone had mini Snickers or mini Peanut Butter Cups (it's a two-family house). She produced a bag of the peanut butter cups, and I used those in place of the Rolos. They were delicious and everyone loved them. :)

I had that happen with the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte. Since PC cannot name specific products (like Rolos or Reese's Peanut Butter Cups) the host wasn't for sure what to get and didn't tell me she didn't know what it meant. She ended up purchasing something similar to what you said.

1. Can I use a different type of nut in the recipe?

Yes, you can use your preferred type of nut or a combination of nuts in this recipe. Just make sure to chop them into small pieces before adding them to the batter.

2. How long do I need to let the brownies cool before cutting them?

It's recommended to let the brownies cool for at least 15-20 minutes before cutting them. This will allow them to set and make it easier to cut into neat squares.

3. Can I use a different type of pan for baking the brownies?

Yes, you can use a different type of pan such as a square or round baking pan. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly as different pans may affect the baking time.

4. Can I make this recipe gluten-free?

Yes, you can make this recipe gluten-free by substituting the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend. You may also need to adjust the baking time and add a bit more liquid to the batter.

5. Can I freeze the brownies for later?

Yes, you can freeze the brownies for up to 3 months. Make sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil before placing them in a freezer-safe container. Thaw them in the fridge overnight before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedmomto3
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
Staci
  • lkprescott
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies