• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies - Question About Chocolate!

In summary, the conversation discussed different strategies for using melted chocolate in baking, such as adding milk to thin it out and using a decorator bottle or Hershey's syrup. Recipes with bananas and chocolate or peanut butter and chocolate were also suggested.
jenniferp417
I made these tonight - I'm taking them to work tomorrow - I hope they're good when they're "cold."

I had a heck of a time with the melted chocolate in the baggie - I don't think I cut a big enough hole in the corner of the bag for starters, but it was really hard squeezing hot chocolate out of a baggie. I made a big mess of my hands and I think I wasted a lot of chocolate still in the bag too.

Any tips on making that easier next time? I can't demo a cooking step that ends with me covered in chocolate! :eek:

Im wondering if you could add alittle milk to the chocolate in the microwave to thin it out alittle?

D

Hm. That's a thought.Or... can I put melted chocolate in the easy accent decorator? I don't have one, but I know i can get it on supply order and I've thought about it...

jenniferp417 said:
Hm. That's a thought.

Or... can I put melted chocolate in the easy accent decorator? I don't have one, but I know i can get it on supply order and I've thought about it...

Just alitttlllllleeee milk, I would think. I, too, made the brownies and it was thick, but I managed. I didnt like the rolos though. Some of the wise chefs here suggested caramel kisses. I would SOOOO much rather use them because its "real" chocolate. I dont like the taste of the rolo chocolate, especially cold. So much so that Im really hesitant about taking them to work. Just a personal opinion though. I don't have the EAD either and really want it....

I'm going to get caramel kisses next time. :) That's a good suggestion. And I have more chocolate chips - I'll have to think of something to use them on to practice, and I'll try them with the milk.Thanks!

jenniferp417 said:
I'm going to get caramel kisses next time. :) That's a good suggestion. And I have more chocolate chips - I'll have to think of something to use them on to practice, and I'll try them with the milk.

Thanks!

I would just start with a teaspoon or so and go from there....Im always a pessimist with new stuff

I haven't made this recipe...yet. But, could you even put the chocolate in one of the decorator bottles, perhaps??

Paula

Paula R. Lewis said:
I haven't made this recipe...yet. But, could you even put the chocolate in one of the decorator bottles, perhaps??

Paula

Its really really thick and such a small amount......I rolled the bag down to the corner it was going in and used the scraper to get it all in and then clipped that corner....

jenniferp417 said:
Hm. That's a thought.

Or... can I put melted chocolate in the easy accent decorator? I don't have one, but I know i can get it on supply order and I've thought about it...

i wondered the same thing when i made these... why can't we put the chocolate in the EAD?? Maybe i'll try tomorrow and let you know if i screwed it up. lol

ginamkiely said:
i wondered the same thing when i made these... why can't we put the chocolate in the EAD?? Maybe i'll try tomorrow and let you know if i screwed it up. lol

Its like wallpaper paste and theres so little that you're working with. Seems useless...

i wish they would make a better way... that's another great product to show off...

OK, I think I've got something here....

melted semi-sweet chocolate chips, just to "drizzle" over the top?

Hmmm....I know....forget that step, and just buy Hershey's chocolate syrup!!
At least, that's what I do for Peanutty Brownie Pizza, and everyone LOVES it!!

What do you think?

Paula

What is? The EAD? I don't have one yet...you dont like it?

Are there any good recipes with bananas and chocolate or peanut butter and chocolate? Preferrable the bananas?

oh that is interesting... we might have to give that a try!!!!

Paula R. Lewis said:

What do you think?

Paula

DUH! What a great idea! And it tastes better!

yeah the easy accent decorator... i love it!! it's a shame to have to cut a whole in a plastic bag when PC makes such great products... it seems dumb to me you know what i mean?

Paula R. Lewis said:

What do you think?

Paula

I LOVE IT! :love:

And even I, the super-klutz, can squeeze hershey's syrup without its being a catastrophe! :D

ginamkiely said:
yeah the easy accent decorator... i love it!! it's a shame to have to cut a whole in a plastic bag when PC makes such great products... it seems dumb to me you know what i mean?

Yes since the whole idea is to showcase PC products! LOL

I don't understand. When I melted the chocolate it was liquid enough to drizzle quite easily. I used the larger flexible funnel and filled a decorator bottle but I have also done it with a baggie. I do not add milk. I have used all kinds of chips (store brand - expensive) and they all work fine for me.

Maybe your chocolate was too cold? Maybe you had it in the microwave too long - that can cause a thickening (or burning:yuck: ).

You could use those chocolate discs - they melt to a more liquid consistancy than chocolate chips.

Denarella said:
What is? The EAD? I don't have one yet...you dont like it?

Are there any good recipes with bananas and chocolate or peanut butter and chocolate? Preferrable the bananas?

EAD=Easy Accent Decorator:balloon:

As for a "good recipe" with bananas/chocolate/peanut butter....well, yeah!! Peanutty Brownie Pizza, of course!!:rolleyes:

Paula

ok i'm definitely trying with the EAD... thanks!

BethCooks4U said:
I don't understand. When I melted the chocolate it was liquid enough to drizzle quite easily. I used the larger flexible funnel and filled a decorator bottle but I have also done it with a baggie. I do not add milk. I have used all kinds of chips (store brand - expensive) and they all work fine for me.

Maybe your chocolate was too cold? Maybe you had it in the microwave too long - that can cause a thickening (or burning:yuck: ).

You could use those chocolate discs - they melt to a more liquid consistancy than chocolate chips.

I did exactly as the recipe called for and I used Toll House chocolate chips...nothing burned and it melted easily...just really thick.

Denarella said:
I did exactly as the recipe called for and I used Toll House chocolate chips...nothing burned and it melted easily...just really thick.

I noticed the same thing and i used the same things. Maybe it's a Jersey thing. lol

ginamkiely said:
I noticed the same thing and i used the same things. Maybe it's a Jersey thing. lol

Yeah...Im sure....had to be my acrylic nails in the way or my poofy hair...Im SURE of it...:p

Denarella said:
Yeah...Im sure....had to be my acrylic nails in the way or my poofy hair...Im SURE of it...:p

you kill me!!!

Hershey's syrup will most likely get my vote, even though I haven't made this yet.

Think about it...you've got the audience already "drooling", just waiting to eat it, when you pull out the syrup.
You casually pour a little syrup, and enjoy all the "oohs and aahs". Then, you go into an "Emeril" impersonation, and "kick it up a notch", and pour on even more syrup! I do this with the Peanutty Brownie Pizza, and it always gets a few chuckles, definitely no complaints about having to endure "extra" chocolate!!

Good luck, everyone!!

Paula

Paula R. Lewis said:
Hershey's syrup will most likely get my vote, even though I haven't made this yet.

Think about it...you've got the audience already "drooling", just waiting to eat it, when you pull out the syrup.
You casually pour a little syrup, and enjoy all the "oohs and aahs". Then, you go into an "Emeril" impersonation, and "kick it up a notch", and pour on even more syrup! I do this with the Peanutty Brownie Pizza, and it always gets a few chuckles, definitely no complaints about having to endure "extra" chocolate!!

Good luck, everyone!!

Paula

I LIKE your parties! LOL...

Gee, thanks...wanna book a show with me? We've got a really great new catalog coming out!!

Paula

Paula R. Lewis said:
Gee, thanks...wanna book a show with me? We've got a really great new catalog coming out!!

Paula

As long as you pay for my gasoline to get out there! LOL

Denarella said:

If the chocolate is in your microwave too long before you stir it, it will begin to thicken. Regardless of what the recipe says, when I melt chocolate in a strange microwave, I only put it in for about 10 - 15 seconds at a time, stir, 10 - 15 sec, stir, etc. until I can stir with the mini-whisk and not see any lumps. Even though our recipes are pretty good with the times they tell you to cook things, I have found that when I am doing anything with chocolate, my microwave has a mind of it's own. Oh, and it also depends on what container you have your choclate in. The larger and heavier the container, the longer it usually takes to melt, but the more often I tend to stir.

If I were you, I would try to melt some chocolate again... Do about 1/2 cup of chips in the small micro cooker, the small batter bowl and a prep bowl. One at a time, put them in the microwave for 10-15 seconds, stir, 10-15 sec, stir, etc. See how long it takes the chocolate to melt in each one.

Even though this seems strange to work on melting chocolate, I like to perfect "simple" tasks. That way when I have a guest at a show that says, "I can't melt chocolate", I can give him/her tips and then it leads to a recruiting statement like... "I was never very good at things like this until I joined PC. But with all the great training we have available and the tips I have learned from other consultants, I have been able to improve my cooking skills dramatically."

Anyway, JMHO!

katie0128 said:
If the chocolate is in your microwave too long before you stir it, it will begin to thicken. Regardless of what the recipe says, when I melt chocolate in a strange microwave, I only put it in for about 10 - 15 seconds at a time, stir, 10 - 15 sec, stir, etc. until I can stir with the mini-whisk and not see any lumps. Even though our recipes are pretty good with the times they tell you to cook things, I have found that when I am doing anything with chocolate, my microwave has a mind of it's own. Oh, and it also depends on what container you have your choclate in. The larger and heavier the container, the longer it usually takes to melt, but the more often I tend to stir.

If I were you, I would try to melt some chocolate again... Do about 1/2 cup of chips in the small micro cooker, the small batter bowl and a prep bowl. One at a time, put them in the microwave for 10-15 seconds, stir, 10-15 sec, stir, etc. See how long it takes the chocolate to melt in each one.

Even though this seems strange to work on melting chocolate, I like to perfect "simple" tasks. That way when I have a guest at a show that says, "I can't melt chocolate", I can give him/her tips and then it leads to a recruiting statement like... "I was never very good at things like this until I joined PC. But with all the great training we have available and the tips I have learned from other consultants, I have been able to improve my cooking skills dramatically."

Anyway, JMHO!

I used the small micro cooker and I took it out every ten seconds to stir....got me by the nose...I really like the idea of the hershey's syrup because its much thinner and doesnt thicken upon standing....lol....but I do suck at cooking....Im so positive its me....:yuck: :D

Denarella said:
As long as you pay for my gasoline to get out there! LOL

What? Are you kidding me? :p With today's prices, I bet it'd be cheaper to fly!!!:cool:

Paula R. Lewis said:
What? Are you kidding me? :p With today's prices, I bet it'd be cheaper to fly!!!:cool:

Yes it would! Insane....what is the world coming to? I wouldve love to have grown up in the 50s when it was all so simple...

katie0128 said:

Anyway, JMHO!

Thanks! I don't have a micro cooker right now but I'll have to practice with the batter bowl and prep bowls (got them today!).

I especially like your recruiting statement - and that's super true for me. I could NOT cook when I got married. I've learned more about cooking since I joined PC than I ever did growing up!

jenniferp417 said:
Thanks! I don't have a micro cooker right now but I'll have to practice with the batter bowl and prep bowls (got them today!).

I especially like your recruiting statement - and that's super true for me. I could NOT cook when I got married. I've learned more about cooking since I joined PC than I ever did growing up!

one of the MAJOR reasons Im here...

katie0128 said:

Anyway, JMHO!

Well, if you're really set on melting chocolate, don't forget, we've got this really neat, new tray for melting chocolate, coming out in September....it's called the new "coating tray", and it comes in a set of 3.....:angel:

gotta love that cross-selling!! lol :D

Paula

Denarella said:
Yes it would! Insane....what is the world coming to? I wouldve love to have grown up in the 50s when it was all so simple...

:thumbdown: Naaa...it looks good on the "outside", but I bet the 50's were over-rated!!
lol

:indif:

Paula

Paula R. Lewis said:
:thumbdown: Naaa...it looks good on the "outside", but I bet the 50's were over-rated!!
lol

:indif:

Paula

Think about it....stay at home moms, no cellphones, no locking the doors, no pill for everything, no fast food, everything was slllooowww....enjoy the world before it passes you by....:indif:

Denarella said:
Think about it....stay at home moms, no cellphones, no locking the doors, no pill for everything, no fast food, everything was slllooowww....enjoy the world before it passes you by....:indif:

And how many people do you think in the '50s said, "Boy, I wished we were back in the '30s... times were much simpler then..."

Denarella said:

OK, now I'm really feeling OLD...I AM a stay at home mom, DON'T have a cellphone, sometimes don't remember to lock my door,....:rolleyes:

but, I have to admit, I'd be lost without the fast food places for lunch once or twice a week.... I know, shame on me, huh?:blushing:

Now, where did I put that pearl necklace????? lol :p

I melted the chocolate (about 1/2 cup) for 30 seconds and stirred. It was perfect. I did that in 3 different microwaves. I guess I'm lucky!

katie0128 said:
And how many people do you think in the '50s said, "Boy, I wished we were back in the '30s... times were much simpler then..."

Ummmm, EVERYONE? I know...I just hate how things have changed since I was a kid in the 70s....I hate that my son will never know how cool it was to come home when the street lights came on because now you cant let them out of your sight....

I went into a "spiel" once with my kids, telling them about all the "stuff" I DIDN'T grow up with...

no cell phone, no computer, no microwave, no DVD player, no playstation games or anything else like that, no caller id on the phone, or 3-way calling, or call-waiting, no internet....no cable or satellite, heck, only 3 tv stations to choose from, and no remote control, either!!

You should've seen the looks of absolute "horror" on their faces!! When I was done, they said, "MOM! How did you LIVE?"

I laughed, and told them, well, we actually went outside and played!!

Sad, but true!! (Secretly, though, I sure felt like a dinosaur after I told them all that!! Didn't realize how ancient I really was!! lol)

Paula

Paula R. Lewis said:
I went into a "spiel" once with my kids, telling them about all the "stuff" I DIDN'T grow up with...

no cell phone, no computer, no microwave, no DVD player, no playstation games or anything else like that, no caller id on the phone, or 3-way calling, or call-waiting, no internet....no cable or satellite, heck, only 3 tv stations to choose from, and no remote control, either!!

You should've seen the looks of absolute "horror" on their faces!! When I was done, they said, "MOM! How did you LIVE?"

I laughed, and told them, well, we actually went outside and played!!

Sad, but true!! (Secretly, though, I sure felt like a dinosaur after I told them all that!! Didn't realize how ancient I really was!! lol)

Paula

I still remember the crank calls we did at slumber parties. Barbies, baby dolls, RECORDS! LOL....Good times.....

I have made these brownies twice already and have had absolutely no problems. I think they are great and easy to throw together! I think if you were to add the milk, it would change the consistency too muchand ruin the way the chocolate drizzles and ends up "hard" again. My guess is, the syrup would be a little too runny, but again I haven't tried it. I didnt have any difficulties with the use of the bag, I just made sure the chocolate was plenty melted rolled the bag inside out and spooned the chocolate into the bottom corner of the bag. I unrolled the bag and pushed the chocolate all the way down into one of the corners and snipped a very small hole in the corner of the bag. For me, it has worked wonderful and they are a big hit with the family. However, I think I will try the kisses next time because I too prefer the chocolate in the kisses... Looking forward to trying the new kisses idea. Gosh, if I keep making these brownies, I am sure going to get in trouble!!

Carissidy said:
I have made these brownies twice already and have had absolutely no problems. I think they are great and easy to throw together! I think if you were to add the milk, it would change the consistency too muchand ruin the way the chocolate drizzles and ends up "hard" again. My guess is, the syrup would be a little too runny, but again I haven't tried it. I didnt have any difficulties with the use of the bag, I just made sure the chocolate was plenty melted rolled the bag inside out and spooned the chocolate into the bottom corner of the bag. I unrolled the bag and pushed the chocolate all the way down into one of the corners and snipped a very small hole in the corner of the bag. For me, it has worked wonderful and they are a big hit with the family. However, I think I will try the kisses next time because I too prefer the chocolate in the kisses... Looking forward to trying the new kisses idea. Gosh, if I keep making these brownies, I am sure going to get in trouble!!

Angela made me those brownies and they were soooo yummy!! Thanks :D And thanks for my "present ;)

Not too bad huh?
kaceyleigh2 said:
Angela made me those brownies and they were soooo yummy!! Thanks :D And thanks for my "present ;)
I am going to make them again soon, the suggetion of caramel kisses sounds good. So here comes another party! Can you handle it?:p

Carissidy said:
I am going to make them again soon, the suggetion of caramel kisses sounds good. So here comes another party! Can you handle it?:p

Can I handle brownies with caramel kisses?? Hello??? Of course! So when's it going to be?? LOL
By the way I'm shopping for your present right now!!

Party? Party? Are we all invited? lol

Paula

Party!
kaceyleigh2 said:
Can I handle brownies with caramel kisses?? Hello??? Of course! So when's it going to be?? LOL
By the way I'm shopping for your present right now!!
Probably Friday, and then maybe the Great Falls Balloon Festival:balloon: It sounds like fun and I haven't been in a couple of years so we will have to do dinner and the brownies and then head on over...:p

<h2>1. How do I make the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies?</h2><p>To make the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies, you will need the Pampered Chef Brownie Pan and the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownie Mix. Follow the instructions on the back of the mix package for the best results. You can also find a step-by-step guide on our website or in the product manual.</p><h2>2. Can I make these brownies ahead of time and serve them cold?</h2><p>Yes, you can make these brownies ahead of time and serve them cold. However, they are best enjoyed warm, so we recommend heating them up in the microwave for a few seconds before serving.</p><h2>3. I had trouble with the melted chocolate in the baggie. Any tips?</h2><p>To make the melted chocolate step easier, we recommend using a plastic piping bag or a zip-top bag with a larger corner cut. This will make it easier to squeeze out the chocolate and reduce the mess on your hands.</p><h2>4. Can I use a different type of chocolate for the melted chocolate drizzle?</h2><p>Yes, you can use any type of chocolate you prefer for the drizzle. However, we recommend using a high-quality chocolate for the best flavor. You can also add in other ingredients like chopped nuts or sprinkles for added texture and flavor.</p><h2>5. Can I demo this recipe without getting covered in chocolate?</h2><p>Absolutely! We suggest practicing the melted chocolate step beforehand to get a feel for the consistency and to find the best technique for squeezing it out of the bag. You can also wear gloves or use a plastic spoon to drizzle the chocolate onto the brownies if you prefer not to use your hands.</p>

1. How do I make the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies?

To make the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies, you will need the Pampered Chef Brownie Pan and the Warm Nutty Caramel Brownie Mix. Follow the instructions on the back of the mix package for the best results. You can also find a step-by-step guide on our website or in the product manual.

2. Can I make these brownies ahead of time and serve them cold?

Yes, you can make these brownies ahead of time and serve them cold. However, they are best enjoyed warm, so we recommend heating them up in the microwave for a few seconds before serving.

3. I had trouble with the melted chocolate in the baggie. Any tips?

To make the melted chocolate step easier, we recommend using a plastic piping bag or a zip-top bag with a larger corner cut. This will make it easier to squeeze out the chocolate and reduce the mess on your hands.

4. Can I use a different type of chocolate for the melted chocolate drizzle?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate you prefer for the drizzle. However, we recommend using a high-quality chocolate for the best flavor. You can also add in other ingredients like chopped nuts or sprinkles for added texture and flavor.

5. Can I demo this recipe without getting covered in chocolate?

Absolutely! We suggest practicing the melted chocolate step beforehand to get a feel for the consistency and to find the best technique for squeezing it out of the bag. You can also wear gloves or use a plastic spoon to drizzle the chocolate onto the brownies if you prefer not to use your hands.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
lindsaym
  • dwyerkim
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
SillyChef