• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Warm Curry Chicken Dip Recipe | Perfect for Hosting | SBRC S/S '06

In summary, the participants in the conversation have tried and enjoyed a strange combination dish made with apples, celery, and mango chutney. It can be quickly prepared in the microwave and can be served with pita bread or crackers. Some suggest using bland items to dip in it and offering a second dip or dessert for variety. The dish may not be suitable for those who do not like Indian food. The recipe recommends using the Mini Baker, but some have successfully used the Deep Dish instead. The price of mango chutney may be a concern for some, but it is considered a critical ingredient. Toasting the almonds and coconut in a saute pan can also be used as a talking point for the cookware. Overall, the
ChefNic
Has anyone made this? I tasted it at a meeting, I liked it! It is a strange combination, but it really worked for me... I want to offer this to hosts... but I wondered what the majority of people thought of it? Has anyone made it at shows?
I like that you can micro it in a short time instead of baking it...

ALSO... besides apples and celery...is it good with some kind of crackers?
Thanks!

PS...it's in the SBRC S/S '06 page 3
And it calls for the Mini Baker , but at the meeting it was in the Deep Dish...so they must have doubled it.

Last edited:
I tried at a meeting & loved it

You could have pita bread to go with it, I haven't tried it but by reading the recipe I would stick with bland stuff to dip in it.

I made it at my open house and I LOVED it. It was really delicious. I made it in the small oval baker and it just fit. Now that I have the mini baker I would make it in that.

It is a bit pricey to buy the mango chutney... but it is, I think, critical for the recipe. (I wouldn't do it with the apricot jam... too sweet)

There were a couple of folks who didn't care for it because of the curry and the sweet, savory combo... but anyone that likes Indian food will just love it. Maybe do a second dip or even a dessert with it so that folks will have something else to try?

I give it a big thumbs up.

PS: If I were using it as my only recipe, I would probably toast the almonds and coconut in the 8" saute pan instead of the small oval baker so I could talk about the cookware!

Love+
Rachel

Hi there! I have made this dish multiple times at my shows and it is always a hit! The combination of apples and celery may seem strange at first, but it really does work well together. I love that it can be microwaved in a short amount of time, making it a quick and easy dish to prepare.In terms of serving options, I have found that it pairs well with crackers or even sliced baguette. It adds a nice crunch to the creamy texture of the dip.I have also noticed that the recipe in the SBRC S/S '06 calls for the Mini Baker, but I have also made it in the Deep Dish like you mentioned. It still turns out delicious either way!I highly recommend offering this dish to your hosts. It is sure to be a crowd-pleaser and a great addition to any party or gathering. Let me know if you have any other questions or if you need any tips for making it at your shows. Happy cooking!

1. What ingredients are needed for Warm Curry Chicken Dip?

The ingredients for Warm Curry Chicken Dip are cooked chicken, cream cheese, mayonnaise, mango chutney, curry powder, ginger, garlic, and shredded cheddar cheese.

2. Can I use a different type of meat besides chicken?

Yes, you can use other types of cooked meat such as turkey, pork, or shrimp in place of the chicken for this dip.

3. How long does it take to make Warm Curry Chicken Dip?

The prep time for this dip is about 10 minutes, and the cooking time is 20 minutes, making the total time about 30 minutes.

4. Can I make this dip ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the dip ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days before reheating and serving.

5. What can I serve this dip with?

This dip can be served with crackers, pita chips, tortilla chips, sliced baguette, or vegetables such as carrots and celery.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
booksx2
Replies
Views
PamperedchefDaly
Replies
Views
RossDeb2
  • alibene80
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service