• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Tried Making Warm Chocolate Hazelnut Cake?

In summary, the Warm Chocolate Hazelnut Cake can be made with either Nutella or hazelnut spread, and it is delicious either way.
Cindy Landon
Has anyone made the Warm Chocolate Hazelnut Cake? Where did you find the Hazelnut Spread and what type of container is it in?

I live in a small rural community and our grocery stores don't offer this ingredient but I will be going to Springfield next weekend.

Thanks for your help.

Cindy Landon

Cindy,The Hazlenut Spread is called Nutella. You usually can find it next to the peanut butter. Check out this website to find the closest store to you. You might even want to call the store ahead of time to see if they can hold it for you.http://www.nutellausa.com/storeLocator.htmKate

Thanks, Kate. I found a store closer to me than I realized. I knew my fellow Cheffers would come through for me.

Cindy

I found some at Aldi's, but it is not Nutella brand.

I made it once , and thought it was too dry, maybe I over cooked it?? But I followed the directions....
I'd try it again, and just cook it for less time than it called for... my microwave is only a couple years old...so maybe it's hot!
it sure smelled good, and I think with some vanilla ice cream... PERFECT!

I found that the first time I made it, it was very runny on the bottom (I also did it without the nuts) and cooked for the 9 min (new microwave too)

the second time, same microwave, 11 min with the nuts, turned out perfect.

it is definitely trial and error

This is not a cake I would make for the first time at a host's house. I have tried it once at home, and undercooked it. I used the cake tester and it came out fine, but (after letting it sit) when I went to turn it out, it was not totally cooked at the bottom of the rice cooker. It tasted fine but looked like something you don't really want to eat. Plus, the nuts I used in the cooker stuck to the goo that stayed in the cooker.

I'm not crazy about hazelnut anything but I made this cake at home and my family (including me) LOVED it!! At home I made it in the fluted stoneware and at my shows I used the rice cooker plus. I liked the stoneware version better but either one comes out GREAT! (following directions...)

Michelle Duncan
Independant Kitchen Consultant

WAVE #3 !!!!

Had to give everyone a chuckle...
The first time I made this cake, I dutifully searched for fresh hazelnuts, found the last bag at the grocery store., was talking on the phone while cooking (my first mistake) and after "roasting" the nuts in the microwave and not being able to figure out why the skins weren't "rubbing" off...it clicked, you need to shell the nuts first!!! Yeah, good thing I was making it at home, and I still had hazelnuts left! My friend, who I was on the phone with, still laughs at me!Had to share!

1. What is the cooking time and temperature for the Warm Chocolate Hazelnut Cake?

The recommended cooking time for the Warm Chocolate Hazelnut Cake is 35-40 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.

2. Can I make this cake in advance and reheat it?

Yes, you can make the Warm Chocolate Hazelnut Cake ahead of time and reheat it in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes.

3. Is the Warm Chocolate Hazelnut Cake gluten-free?

No, the Warm Chocolate Hazelnut Cake is not gluten-free as it contains all-purpose flour. However, you can try substituting with gluten-free flour for a similar result.

4. Can I use a different type of nut instead of hazelnuts?

Yes, you can use any type of nut you prefer in place of hazelnuts. Almonds, walnuts, or pecans would all work well in this recipe.

5. Can I add any toppings to the Warm Chocolate Hazelnut Cake?

Absolutely! You can add a sprinkle of powdered sugar, a dollop of whipped cream, or a scoop of ice cream on top of the Warm Chocolate Hazelnut Cake for extra indulgence. You can also top it with chopped nuts or chocolate shavings for added texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Becca115
  • Firegirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pletcherdee
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies