• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Efficiently Pack Your Conference Wardrobe: Tips and Tricks

In summary, Paulette plans to bring a mix of clothes that she knows she'll be able to wear, as well as something extra in case she changes her mind about what to wear. She also plans to bring her laptop and a few snacks in case she gets hungry while she's attending the conference.
etteluap70PC
Gold Member
Ok so am I the only goofy one who actually sits down and makes a list of the clothes I have that would be suitable for conf. and organises(sp???) them to make sure I get everything right before I pack?
I also wanted to pick up a few new things at a great sale fashion bug was having yesterday and I wanted to make sure I would have things that actually went together, not just thinggs I liked???

PS: Now that I have some nice Jewlry(again sp?:eek: ) from my show I need to coordinate that as well! Whats the best way to pack jewlry?

I figure I'm the strange one who won't even think about what to pack until the Saturday before I leave so I don't wear what I need on Sunday to church. I also am probably not the one to give advice about how to pack jewelry because I put it in small ziploc bags or I wear it. If I still have the boxes the jewelry came in I'd put it in those. Good luck!

Paulette, you can roll necklaces and bracelets in tissue paper to keep them from tangling. If you have a spare cosmetics bag, those are usually just the right size to pack jewelry in.

Well, I won't be packing my Spanx.

ok you got me on that one! LMAO!

:p

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Well, I won't be packing my Spanx.

Is it because you'll be wearing them?:eek: :D

I'm with you Jae, I won't pack till the very last minute. I have been shopping though!

LMAO
spandex and a cowboy hat what a sight!!!!!!!!!

Paulette...I do the same thing. I like to think that WE are very normal!! LOL

Nope - you won't catch me in Spandex.

LOL! Thanks Linda! Although I've never thought of myself as Normal... :rolleyes:

BTW I think we have our 1st 2 conf. classes together.

I'm trying to symplify. The first year I brought 2 or 3 choices for each day. The second year I downsized, but still brought stuff I never wore. This year I will be wearing my logo shirt with capris on the day 1 and 3 then a print shirt and capris on day 2. I'm bringing khaki colored capris and black capris. God help me if I spill something on them (which I more than likely will). I refuse to take more!!

It's just a short cab ride (or a good stretch of the legs) to State Street and places like Carson Pririe Scott. :D

etteluap70PC said:
Ok so am I the only goofy one who actually sits down and makes a list of the clothes I have that would be suitable for conf. and organises(sp???) them to make sure I get everything right before I pack?
I also wanted to pick up a few new things at a great sale fashion bug was having yesterday and I wanted to make sure I would have things that actually went together, not just thinggs I liked???

PS: Now that I have some nice Jewlry(again sp?:eek: ) from my show I need to coordinate that as well! Whats the best way to pack jewlry?

I've already started my list because I'll keep changing it until it is actually time to pack! I write down EVERYTHING I need to take and then even take a list with me to make sure I don't forget anything when I leave the hotel... yep, I'm a nerd!

etteluap70PC said:
LOL! Thanks Linda! Although I've never thought of myself as Normal... :rolleyes:

BTW I think we have our 1st 2 conf. classes together.
Oh good. I need to find my list, I already forgot what I registered for!

I'm a list maker. I write down everything--

• What I'm wearing each day (complete with any jewelry, accessories, special undergarments, etc.)
  • All my toiletries
  • Everything else (including camera, Cheffer button, feather boa, snacks, etc.)

My list is pretty much complete. I'm starting to gather things together already.

I just have the list in my head. Strangely, it's the one thing it can hold onto...probably b/c they are faves and things that actually still "fit". I've lost 35 pounds (only 20 to my goal weight!). I'll bring mostly skirts b/c they fit better than my smaller size pants/capris (that are getting baggy...whoohoo!). I won't go shop for more b/c while it's more fun now, it's getting expensive. Skirts can just shift down a bit :).

I only bring what I will wear with maybe one extra top. Last time I brought a chicken out dress in case I didn't have the nerve to wear my fancy (no not prom fancy but more than I'm used to).

I will make a full list of everything to bring though...otherwise I swear I'll forget my keys!

1. What is the dress code for conference?

For conference, the dress code is business casual. This means that you should avoid overly casual clothing such as t-shirts and shorts, but also avoid formal wear like suits and ties. Instead, opt for comfortable and professional attire such as dress pants, blouses, and dress shoes.

2. Are there any specific color or pattern requirements for conference?

There are no specific color or pattern requirements for conference. However, it is always a good idea to stick to neutral or professional colors such as black, navy, gray, or white. Avoid loud or distracting patterns.

3. Can I wear jeans to conference?

Jeans are not recommended for conference as they are considered too casual for a business setting. However, if you must wear jeans, make sure they are in good condition and pair them with a nice blouse or blazer to elevate the look.

4. Are there any clothing items that I should avoid wearing to conference?

Avoid wearing revealing or overly tight clothing, as well as clothing with offensive language or graphics. Also, keep in mind that conference is a professional event, so avoid anything too casual or sloppy.

5. What should I wear for the welcome reception and the gala dinner?

The welcome reception and gala dinner are more formal events, so business or cocktail attire is appropriate. This could include a dress, skirt and blouse, or a dressy pantsuit. For the gala dinner, you may also opt for a more formal evening gown.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellyTheChef
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
Chef Michele
  • raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • jj16