1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Wanton Purses

1. Is there a way to make these without the steamer? I bought all the ingrediants to make them tonight and didn't realize that I needed the steamer which I don't have. I really don't want to fry them since I'm doing ww.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Apr 9, 2009
  2. Krista Burson

Krista Burson Member Gold Member

Do you have a double boiler pan (the one with the strainer insert to do pasta)? You could try use that. That is what my BIL would use when he would make asparagus at my house.

3. I do actually have one of those its small but I'll just make several batches thanks!

Apr 9, 2009
  4. monica.dixon

monica.dixon Member

I baked them in my mini muffin cup pan.... i like the crunch it gave them YUMMM

Apr 14, 2009
  5. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

I like this idea! Did you spray them with any oil?

6. pamperedpals

pamperedpals Senior Member Gold Member

This is what I use when I make them at home, as I don't have the steamer. I spray the strainer with a little olive oil so they dont' stick. They have come out very YUMMY!

Apr 14, 2009
  7. niktim3

niktim3 Member

Where is the recipe for these?
    How are they to demo?

Apr 14, 2009
  8. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

They are in the Spring/Summer Season's Best - and they make a great demo!

I'm featuring them as part of my Appetizer Show. I set out french bread w/ the oil dipping seasonings, and cream cheese w/ Pineapple Rum Sauce w/ crackers, and then make these and serve with the Ginger Wasabi Sauce. It's been a huge hit!

Apr 14, 2009
  9. niktim3

niktim3 Member

Thanks... will have to try them before the show on Friday night!!
    Any words of wisdom?

Apr 14, 2009
  10. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Try not to eat the whole batch yourself! :D (we LOVE these here at my house!)

Apr 14, 2009
  11. cathyskitchen

cathyskitchen Senior Member Gold Member

12. leftymac

leftymac Veteran Member

Haha I was just gonna post that! Gotta be careful of spelling sometimes!

Apr 15, 2009
  13. Chef Gilles

Chef Gilles Member Gold Member

Tou might consider using the splatter screen if you have it and use a large bowl or a pot for a cover!

Apr 15, 2009
  14. niktim3

niktim3 Member

For those of you who have made these in the mini muffin pan... just spray and go??
    Temp, and how long??
    For tonights show of course!!!

Apr 17, 2009
  15. LeslieSGI

LeslieSGI Member Gold Member

OK, I was searching for something else (micro pineapple upside down cake in the fluted pan) when I rediscovered this thread - this goes well with the "catty totes" thread from the other day -- the "wanton purses". Sorry. It's Monday and we (read: "I") need a good giggle. Sorry again. ​

May 18, 2009
  16. I hadn't seen this thread before and was expecting some kind of saucy new soap opera about purse shopping ladies! :D

17. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

LOL....looks like we're all in the mood to be silly, and needing a giggle!

Leslie, Here's the recipe for the cake:

Melt 1 stick of butter with 1 cup brown sugar (30 sec in micro cooker). Stir and pour into base of Fluted Pan. Add pineapples and cherries (optional) in an arrangement in the bottom). Mix your YELLOW cake mix as directed on box using pineapple juice for liquid...fill with water to get to desired measurement (i.e. pineapple juice is only 1/3 cup and you need 1 1/3 cup water, then just add water to get to the 1 1/2 cup). Pour cake batter into Fluted Pan over pineapple and brown sugar mix. Microwave for 10 min....depending on your microwave size and wattage....start with 10 min, and add 1 minute increments (if needed) til done. The cake will rise high, but don't be alarmed....it's normal and will not overflow.

Have something to add?