• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No-Steamer Recipe: How to Make Delicious Dumplings Tonight!

Remove from microwave and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.This recipe is for the cake:Melt 1 stick of butter with 1 cup brown sugar (30 sec in micro cooker). Stir and pour into base of Fluted Pan. Add pineapples and cherries (optional) in an arrangement in the bottom). Mix your YELLOW cake mix as directed on box using pineapple juice for liquid...fill with water to get to desired measurement (i.e. pineapple juice is only 1/3 cup and you need 1 1/3 cup water, then just add water to get to the 1 1/2 cup). Pour cake batter into Fluted Pan over pineapple and brown sugar mix.
chefmomto3
Is there a way to make these without the steamer? I bought all the ingrediants to make them tonight and didn't realize that I needed the steamer which I don't have. I really don't want to fry them since I'm doing ww.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Do you have a double boiler pan (the one with the strainer insert to do pasta)? You could try use that. That is what my BIL would use when he would make asparagus at my house.

I do actually have one of those its small but I'll just make several batches thanks!

I baked them in my mini muffin cup pan.... i like the crunch it gave them YUMMM

monica.dixon said:
I baked them in my mini muffin cup pan.... i like the crunch it gave them YUMMM

I like this idea! Did you spray them with any oil?

Krista Burson said:
Do you have a double boiler pan (the one with the strainer insert to do pasta)? You could try use that. That is what my BIL would use when he would make asparagus at my house.

This is what I use when I make them at home, as I don't have the steamer. I spray the strainer with a little olive oil so they dont' stick. They have come out very YUMMY!

Where is the recipe for these?
How are they to demo?

niktim3 said:
Where is the recipe for these?
How are they to demo?

They are in the Spring/Summer Season's Best - and they make a great demo!

I'm featuring them as part of my Appetizer Show. I set out french bread w/ the oil dipping seasonings, and cream cheese w/ Pineapple Rum Sauce w/ crackers, and then make these and serve with the Ginger Wasabi Sauce. It's been a huge hit!

Thanks... will have to try them before the show on Friday night!!
Any words of wisdom?

niktim3 said:
Thanks... will have to try them before the show on Friday night!!
Any words of wisdom?

Try not to eat the whole batch yourself! :D (we LOVE these here at my house!)

Tou might consider using the splatter screen if you have it and use a large bowl or a pot for a cover!

For those of you who have made these in the mini muffin pan... just spray and go??
Temp, and how long??
For tonights show of course!!!

OK, I was searching for something else (micro pineapple upside down cake in the fluted pan) when I rediscovered this thread - this goes well with the "catty totes" thread from the other day -- the "wanton purses". Sorry. It's Monday and we (read: "I") need a good giggle. Sorry again.​

cathyskitchen said:
You've got to watch those wanton purses - they'll get you when you least expect it!

;)

wanton definition | Dictionary.com

(it's "wonton", btw) :)

I hadn't seen this thread before and was expecting some kind of saucy new soap opera about purse shopping ladies! :D

LOL....looks like we're all in the mood to be silly, and needing a giggle!

Leslie, Here's the recipe for the cake:

Melt 1 stick of butter with 1 cup brown sugar (30 sec in micro cooker). Stir and pour into base of Fluted Pan. Add pineapples and cherries (optional) in an arrangement in the bottom). Mix your YELLOW cake mix as directed on box using pineapple juice for liquid...fill with water to get to desired measurement (i.e. pineapple juice is only 1/3 cup and you need 1 1/3 cup water, then just add water to get to the 1 1/2 cup). Pour cake batter into Fluted Pan over pineapple and brown sugar mix. Microwave for 10 min....depending on your microwave size and wattage....start with 10 min, and add 1 minute increments (if needed) til done. The cake will rise high, but don't be alarmed....it's normal and will not overflow.

1. What ingredients do I need to make dumplings without a steamer?

To make delicious dumplings without a steamer, you will need all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, water, and a pot with a lid. You will also need your desired filling, such as ground pork or chicken and chopped vegetables.

2. Can I use gluten-free flour for this recipe?

Yes, you can substitute all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend. Just make sure to check the label for the appropriate ratio of flour to water for making dough.

3. How do I know when the dumplings are fully cooked?

The dumplings will be fully cooked when they are puffed up and have a slightly golden color on the outside. You can also test by inserting a toothpick into the center of a dumpling and if it comes out clean, the dumplings are ready.

4. Can I make the dough ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the dough ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Just make sure to cover it with plastic wrap or a damp cloth to prevent it from drying out.

5. Can I freeze the dumplings for later?

Yes, you can freeze the uncooked dumplings for up to 3 months. Simply place them in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze for a few hours. Once frozen, transfer them to a freezer-safe bag or container. When ready to cook, add the frozen dumplings directly to boiling water and cook for a few minutes longer than fresh dumplings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• confusedturtle
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
candiejayne
  • chefmoseley
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • thehaleykitchen