• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Wanted: Dip Recipes Without Spinach That Uses Artichokes

In summary, Donna had an open jar of artichokes that she needed to use before they ruined. She had everything ready to make Spinach Artichoke Dip this weekend, but realized she forgot to buy the frozen Cream Spinach to put in it. With the scare of fresh spinach that is going on local stores have taken ALL spinach off the shelf, so she cannot substitute with frozen chopped spinach. She needs something to do with these artichokes before they ruin. She makes a hot dip for her family almost every weekend. She suggests making a pizza with them. Another option is to make Baked Artichoke Dip using the southern living recipe with cream cheese, mayo, lemon, artichokes, red peppers, and olives
jrstephens
I have an open jar of artichokes that I need to use before the ruined. I had everything ready to make Spinach Artichoke Dip this weekend when I realized I forgot to buy the frozen Cream Spinach to put in it. With the scare of fresh spinach that is going on my local stores have taken ALL spinach off the shelf so I cannot substitute with frozen chopped spinach. I need something to do with these artichokes before they ruin. I make a hot dip for my family almost every weekend.

SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!!

I don't have any dip ideas, but you could make a pizza with them. I have never made spinach artichoke dip, but can you just leave out the spinich?

Will this recipe due?

Attachments

• RECIPE - Hot Artichoke Crabmeat Dip 001.jpg
    RECIPE - Hot Artichoke Crabmeat Dip 001.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 532
Artichoke dip recipes on KraftFoods.com: http://www.kraftfoods.com/main.aspx?s=recipe&m=recipe/knet_recipe_grid&u1=keyword&u2=artichoke+dip

Artichoke dips slideshow on Better Homes and Gardens (I think this requires a free registration): http://www.bhg.com/bhg/slideshow/slideShow.jhtml?slideid=/templatedata/lhj/slideshow/data/artichokedips_02222002.xml&catref=cat1050008

Southern Living Baked Artichoke Dip
1 (14 oz.) can artichoke hearts or hearts of palm, drained and chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 C. grated parmesan cheese
1/3 tsp. hot sauce
¾ C. mayonnaise

Combine all ingredients, stirring well; spoon into a lightly greased 1-quart casserole. Bake uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with melba toast rounds. Yield: 2 cups.

I've had the southern living recipe above and it is fantastic!

There is also a PC recipe with Red Peppers and Artichokes. I'll try to find it for you.

Thanks! I have really come to love dips with artichokes, so, I will love these even when we can eat spinach again!

The Roasted Red Pepper & Artichoke Spread

14 oz Artichoke hearts in water, drained & chopped
1 lemon
4 oz cream cheese softened
1/4 Cup Mayo
1 garlic clove, pressed
2 oz shredded Mozzarella
7 oz jar of Roasted Red Peppers, drained & patted dried
1/4 cup black olives, sliced
2 TBSP grated Parm
1/2 tsp Pantry Italian Seasoning

1. Preheat oven to 350. Chop artichokes. Zest lemon. Combine 1 tsp lemon zest, cream cheese, mayo and garlic in Classic Batter Bowl. Whisk. Add artichokes and Mozzarella. Mix well. Spread into small oval baker.

2. Chop red peppers. Sliced olives. Top artichoke mixture with red peppers and olives. Grate Parm over top and sprinkle with seasoning.

3. Bake 20-25 or until bubbly around edges.

Oh, that sounds SO GOOD Donna! Off to the grocery store....

I kind of combined the two recipes and made one this weekend. Which was really good.

1 can artichokes
1/4 cup mayo
1/4 cup sour cream
1 package cream cheese
roasted red peppers
1 cup parm cheese
1 garlic clove

combined and baked. it was really creamy!

FYI, if you don't like mayo and don't mind some calories, use Marscapone. The Marscapone will give it a rich flavor and tons more calories!!!

1. What is a good substitute for spinach in dip recipes that use artichokes?

One popular option is to use chopped kale or Swiss chard instead of spinach. Both of these leafy greens have a similar texture and mild flavor that pairs well with artichokes.

2. Can I use canned artichokes for these dip recipes?

Yes, canned artichokes work well for dip recipes. Just make sure to drain and rinse them before using to remove any excess brine or oil.

3. Are there any dairy-free options for artichoke dip recipes?

Absolutely! You can use a non-dairy cream cheese or sour cream substitute, such as cashew cream or coconut yogurt, to make a delicious vegan or dairy-free version of artichoke dip.

4. How can I make my artichoke dip more flavorful?

One simple way to add more flavor to your dip is to mix in some minced garlic or a sprinkle of your favorite herbs, such as basil or oregano. You can also add a dash of hot sauce or a sprinkle of red pepper flakes for some heat.

5. Can I make artichoke dip ahead of time?

Yes, you can make artichoke dip ahead of time and store it in the fridge for 1-2 days before serving. Just reheat it in the oven or microwave before serving for the best taste and texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mrssyvo
  • emo812
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
Replies
Views
Admin Greg