• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Did You Receive an Email from HO About Your Title Change?

In summary, I think this email was a way to try and reach out to someone who had lost their title, but it didn't feel very personal to me. I'm not sure if I will respond to it.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I know HO is trying to reach out to us more and more these days, but I've been stewing over this email I got earlier this month. Tell me what y'all think. I guess what twerks me about it is that I have never personally heard from her before this, other than the emails about the monthly conf calls. In my opinion, this would had been much more meaningful to me if I had received an email BEFORE I lost my title....like maybe week one of month 3??? It even looks like it was blind copied to a list of people, no personalization at all. I never responded to it.

Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2011 3:09 PM
Subject: Want to talk?

Hi-

I got my September 1 reports and see that you dropped down from Director. Do you anticipate getting back soon? Are you stuck on something? Would you like to talk? A special conference call is scheduled for you on Tuesday, September 20, 11:00 am, Central (noon, Eastern). (I'm on the road from the 12th - the 19th and couldn't make it sooner.) If there's something specific you'd like us to address on the call, send me a message and let me know. If you'd like to call me personally, you can let me know about that, too. I'll try to get back with you as quickly as I can, given my busy upcoming travel schedule.

We want you back! I want you back! If it's where you want to be, let's work at making that happen!

Take care!
Jan

It was a mass email. It also went to those who demoted from AD to D as of Sept 1. I think the right intentions were there but it was lost (IMO) with the "Do you anticipate getting it back soon" line.

Melissa78 said:
It was a mass email. It also went to those who demoted from AD to D as of Sept 1. I think the right intentions were there but it was lost (IMO) with the "Do you anticipate getting it back soon" line.

I thought the whole thing should have been proof read before it went out....not a sincere line in any of it.

You didn't care for acid in the wounds? hehe Sorry - I had to crack a joke.

Wow. It does sound a bit weird!

[QUOTE
I got my September 1 reports and see that you dropped down from Director. Do you anticipate getting back soon? Are you stuck on something? Would you like to talk? A special conference call is scheduled for you on Tuesday, September 20, 11:00 am, Central (noon, Eastern). (I'm on the road [/QUOTE]

This cracks me up. Like you meant to drop down?! It's tempting to say back, we'll it wasn't my intention to drop so obviously it would be anticipated to get back soon. DUH! Stuck...yes on lack of a team..again DUH! Sorry to those who lost their titles. Hang in there!

I don't think I would have liked getting that either, but my guess is that since it is a mass email they probably send it out to people who did drop down on purpose. That happens alot too. People want to leave or don't want to be directors any more and they just let it go.
I would definitely think they would send it out before you loose your title not after.

I, too, have Jan Gilbert as a Sales Mgr and find all communications with her totally impersonal. When I was Judy Joel she knew my name - she spoke to ME, her emails we personal. I get nothing at all from Jan. I called her a few months ago for some help with becoming a better trainer for my new consultants. I get NOTHING from my upline director so I was hoping to get some direction from Jan. She basically told me to follow the Guide to Supporting New COnsultants. Yeah thanks Jan for giving me some one on one time. UGH.I can't train my team when nobody has trained me. I hear from my upline maybe 4x a year...if that...and it's usually b/c SHE needs something. And I get nothing from my Sales Mgr. :p

We just had Jan here for Director Express last week. She's not my sales manager though... I'm with Rachel.I agree with your comment about sending it out in month 2 so she can help you not lose it in the first place. That might be a good e-mail to send back to her and copy your upline on it.

finley1991 said:
We just had Jan here for Director Express last week. She's not my sales manager though... I'm with Rachel.

I agree with your comment about sending it out in month 2 so she can help you not lose it in the first place. That might be a good e-mail to send back to her and copy your upline on it.

I agree. Give her feed back on what she sent and it's timeliness. I have Jan too and agree that she doesn't seem to give individual interest. I also have Cora sending me emails. Sorry if you love her but I find her to be annoyingly frustrating.

Well, she DID ask if there was something you want to talk about--open invitation to vent. I have talked to Jan Gilbert many times personally and she is a good listener to me.

I have had various Sales managers through the years, but now have Cathy Coccozella and she is an amazing sales manager. Very personalized. I think that for years I didn't really understand the function of the sale managers and that they were supposed to be helping all of us and now seeing how Cathy is focusing on individual goals with us is a real eye opener!

I have Cathy too and don't find her personal at all Lynette.... how funny! So it is just like everything else, a personality match or a "click" with someone or not. I think Cathy does a good job, but don't think she "shines". I think the problem with the sales managers is that there is not that personal connecction like you get with uplines. Because the sales managers are not "walking the walk" but just talking.. even though they have been successful field people in the past, it is a different relationship or connection.

pcjenni said:
I have Cathy too and don't find her personal at all Lynette.... how funny! So it is just like everything else, a personality match or a "click" with someone or not. I think Cathy does a good job, but don't think she "shines". I think the problem with the sales managers is that there is not that personal connecction like you get with uplines. Because the sales managers are not "walking the walk" but just talking.. even though they have been successful field people in the past, it is a different relationship or connection.

I do as well Jenni and I agree with you. I actually felt more supported by Karin, even though she had such a direct way about her, she still "knew" enough about me to make me think she cared what was going on with my team and I. Cathy is great with the continued recognition but I don't feel like she is very personal.

pcjenni said:

It could be the ones that I had prior to her were just not very good, so she seems exceptional to me!

This is a very interesting thread. I think it comes down to having a personal relationship with your HOSM... I certainly don't have one with Rachel even though we've met a number of times. She just doesn't remember me. And no biggie... I'm blessed to have a great relationship with my D and we've become good friends. Back when Jo Price was with PC, I had a great relationship with her (and thankfully still do even though she's moved on) and she was incredibly helpful. I just think that the help from them needs to come SOONER rather than LATER. And in 'walking the walk', we are told to contact those who are going to go inactive BEFORE they do so we can coach them through it... they should be doing that with us...

Melissa78 said:
You didn't care for acid in the wounds? hehe Sorry - I had to crack a joke.

It wasn't acid in the wounds - it was the whole generic-after-the-fact thing.

"Hi -"...they could have at least had a mail merge program to add my name.

I understand they have alot going on, but this could have just as easily been sent out in month 2 and would have made me feel more like they were watching and cared.

I have a wonderful NED who works with me so I don't feel like I'm all alone. I passed this on to her too and told her what I thought about it. I just wasn't over it yet and wanted to vent to y'all too! :p

I agree for that to have come in month 2 or earlier month 3 would've been nicer! That's good that you do feel support from your upline though.

I just had Director Express today with Jan Gilbert and LOVE her. And the way that email sounded was so different than how she came across with the training! I was amazed with so many examples of word choices she shared at Director Express, and a mini follow up meeting with directors afterwards- and her word choices were great!

pamperedlinda said:
It wasn't acid in the wounds - it was the whole generic-after-the-fact thing.

"Hi -"...they could have at least had a mail merge program to add my name.

I understand they have alot going on, but this could have just as easily been sent out in month 2 and would have made me feel more like they were watching and cared.

I have a wonderful NED who works with me so I don't feel like I'm all alone. I passed this on to her too and told her what I thought about it. I just wasn't over it yet and wanted to vent to y'all too! :p

I really wasn't trying to be snarky. I had sent you an email. Trust me - I know how you feel...Perhaps only I felt it was acid in the wound...

Melissa78 said:
I really wasn't trying to be snarky. I had sent you an email. Trust me - I know how you feel...Perhaps only I felt it was acid in the wound...

Oh, I know you were joking and I'm not upset with you about it. I didn't get an email from you though. My email is [/email]
I'm not bitter over it, just peeved at the impersonality while at the same time trying to portray concern....fail.

pamperedlinda said:
Oh, I know you were joking and I'm not upset with you about it. I didn't get an email from you though. My email is [email protected]
I'm not bitter over it, just peeved at the impersonality while at the same time trying to portray concern....fail.

The thing that I thought was missed completely with this email (and what I think is what bothered you) is that not only was the email a mass email (impersonal), it was sent too late to avoid the issue from happening. It would like us sending an email to someone who just lost her career sales "did you mean to do that?" really? The email should be sent before it happened so that if possible something could be done to avoid it. I don't know anyone who let's this happen if they can avoid it though. I hope a good percent of those who got this sent her a response. I know she meant well and feedback would be helpful to make her coach better in this case.

pamperedlinda said:
Oh, I know you were joking and I'm not upset with you about it. I didn't get an email from you though. My email is [email protected]

I'll see if i can view msg's from here. I sent it via DS with the "Email" option. I didn't have your email address and i can't always access facebook. I'll find it and forward it via regular email.

What is "Want to Talk? ...Ummm Really?"

"Want to Talk? ...Ummm Really?" is a feature on the Pampered Chef website that allows customers to schedule a one-on-one virtual consultation with a Pampered Chef consultant.

How do I schedule a "Want to Talk? ...Ummm Really?" session?

To schedule a "Want to Talk? ...Ummm Really?" session, simply go to the Pampered Chef website and click on the "Want to Talk? ...Ummm Really?" button. From there, you can select a date and time that works for you and fill out a form with your contact information.

Is there a cost for a "Want to Talk? ...Ummm Really?" session?

No, "Want to Talk? ...Ummm Really?" sessions are completely free for customers. They are meant to provide personalized assistance and recommendations for your Pampered Chef purchases.

What can I expect from a "Want to Talk? ...Ummm Really?" session?

During a "Want to Talk? ...Ummm Really?" session, your Pampered Chef consultant will walk you through the products and answer any questions you may have. They can also provide tips and suggestions for using the products in your kitchen.

Can I reschedule or cancel a "Want to Talk? ...Ummm Really?" session?

Yes, you can reschedule or cancel your "Want to Talk? ...Ummm Really?" session by contacting your consultant or using the link provided in your confirmation email. Please try to give at least 24 hours notice if you need to cancel or reschedule.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• analisanna
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
DuenFounnyHok
  • LauriChick
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
raebates
  • baychef