• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fundraising Table at WalMart: Ordering HWC Items

In summary, the table at WalMart this month to sell the HWC items for a Fundraiser. The coordinator told the individual that he had available days for the fundraiser and it was as easy as that to get set up. There is no need to have the products on hand to sell, as orders can be placed and the products will be shipped directly to the purchaser. There is a possibility that the WalMart in the individual's location is a regional thing and not all locations are allowed to do similar fundraisers. The individual is only selling the HWC products for the purpose of a fundraiser and is not selling anything else. They are in the process of submitting a preorder for a family member who has recently lost
dawnsclassycupboard
I have a table at WalMart this month to sell the HWC items for a Fundraiser. I have no idea how many to order to be able to sell in one day. Have any of you done something like this and would you have any insite?

I have never done this, but how did you get hooked up with this? I see other orgs. outside walmart selling raffle tickets and such, but do you just ask the manager or does it have to be approved by walmart corporate? I guess how many to order depends on the size of your town and what day you go. In my experience the bar board and knife is the best selling out of the HWC items, so maybe order the most of those.

THat is a neat idea, I'm also curious how you got into this!

You just go to your local Walmart and ask for the fundraiser coordinator. I told him that I was doing a fundraiser for breast cancer and he told me what days he had available. It was as easy as that. I couldn't get a Saturday so I opted for Sunday.

Do you have to have the products on hand to sell, or would it be alright to order them so then you wouldn't have to have a bunch of them?

I'd like to know that also Carly! I don't see why they wouldn't let you place orders, but then you'd have to have them pay direct shipping or find a different plan of getting the products to people. Let us know if you find anything out, and I'll call my local Wal-mart later today.

Do you have to sell just the Help Whip Cancer products or are you going to sell anything? I love setting up and talking about the products. Wonder if we are allow to setup once a month?

I was thinking about calling my loca Wal-Mart last month, but after talking to my bank, I got a bit discuraged because they totally nixed the idea because although I was donating my commission, they said that it felt like I was pressuring people to buy stuff to support this.
But I think that I shall call my Wal-Mart tomorrow as well and see what they say. If people ordering are local, I could always have it delivered to my house and then arrange pickup / drop-off.

dawnsclassycupboard said:
You just go to your local Walmart and ask for the fundraiser coordinator. I told him that I was doing a fundraiser for breast cancer and he told me what days he had available. It was as easy as that. I couldn't get a Saturday so I opted for Sunday.
Really? It is only the HWC products? He knows it's for PC? I'm surprised by this because my mom used to be a manager at Walmart in CA and said they wouldn't let you put a PC catalog in the lunchroom because it was a conflict of interest since they also sell kitchen tools. Maybe it is a regional thing? I wanted to check with my local Walmart but based on what my mom said I thought it was going to be a lost cause. Guess I better go check it out! Thanks!

CarlyK said:
I was thinking about calling my loca Wal-Mart last month, but after talking to my bank, I got a bit discuraged because they totally nixed the idea because although I was donating my commission, they said that it felt like I was pressuring people to buy stuff to support this.
But I think that I shall call my Wal-Mart tomorrow as well and see what they say. If people ordering are local, I could always have it delivered to my house and then arrange pickup / drop-off.

So what about the Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts and Salvation Army...that's what I call pressure. If you do a table at Wal-Mart or any grocery store you should do a fundraiser for it. I know someone who has a monthly Saturday at her grocery store and she does 12 fundraisers a year to 6 different charities/organizations...she rotates them throughout the year!

I am only selling HWC products for the sole purpose of a fundraiser. I will not have catalogs there although if there is any PC interest I will take people's info and get back to them. There is a family locally who has just lost their Mom to breast cancer so I am doing a preorder; submitting it as a fundraiser for the family them the ACS will get the $1.00/item. I am sure that Walmart would never let us do anything with the whole line but this is just a very few products with a specific cause. I just have no idea how many to order. Does anyone have any suggestions or guesses?

Sundays at Wal-mart are busy I imagine. What size town do you have? Maybe you can contact someone else who had a fundraiser there and get some general numbers. Good luck!

Now that I have actually sat here and thought about it...the max I would get would be 50 of each of the clips and bar board, no more than 25 of the stencils. You can always order more and deliver them. That's a $675 order, so that would make the $600/15% cut...it's just so hard to know. I think you need to go with your gut and just order what you think will sell.

I am glad that you spoke those #s because that is exactally what I was thinking. Thanks.

LakesideMom said:
Really? It is only the HWC products? He knows it's for PC? I'm surprised by this because my mom used to be a manager at Walmart in CA and said they wouldn't let you put a PC catalog in the lunchroom because it was a conflict of interest since they also sell kitchen tools. Maybe it is a regional thing? I wanted to check with my local Walmart but based on what my mom said I thought it was going to be a lost cause. Guess I better go check it out! Thanks!

Maybe it is in the way that you present it.?!?!? I wasn't hesitant at all because I really believe in the cause. The family that I am donating to has three young children ages 6,7,and 8 that are now without a Mom. I have gotten discouraged the past couple of months because the people that knew her way better than I did couldn't "find" the time to help. I was fed up and knew that if I was going to do something I would have to do it myself.

The guy that runs things here for fundraisers at Walmart doesn't ask a lot of questions just so long as he know it is a fundraiser. Maybe that was to my advantage but I think that so long as you present it as a fundraiser and not a business building venture you should be all set.

ok, i called 4 walmarts in my area... of course it was later.. so 3 of the 4 i have to call back, the 4th told me that she was not 100% sure but she thought that you had to be 501(c) licsensed. I am anxiously awaiting the other call backs in the morning.

Let us know what you hear!!

I just called Walmart. They required the ACS Federal Tax Id. I have it..13-1788491 If you are doing a fundraiser for a non-profit, then you have to have their fed #.. in case someone walks up and asks

My walmart is giving me a Sunday!!!

How in the world did you get the ACS federal tax id? LOL. Way to go! Saturday are the busy days at my Wal-Mart, so I might just call them up when I get back from school and see what they have to say.

So with this, we are only selling the HWC stuff, correct? I honestly do not want to purchase a bunch of the HWC things because the money just isn't there to do so. So is anybody doing this actually taking just order forms? Is everybody buying the stuff to cash & carry?

Also, when you called Wal-Mart, did you say that you were doing it through PC? Because I just find it weird (maybe b/c I don't know much though) that the wanted the ACS Federal Tax ID when they actually aren't sponsoring the fundraiser. Does that make sense, or am I confusing myself?

I called the ACS, they gladly gave it to me!!! I am not going to buy the items, I will have order forms,(hope that works) and am going by the local ACS office to get brochures, and maybe donation forms for those who are intersted. I am going to do a raffle box for the sb cookbook, and maybe bamboo tongs, and stuff like that.. I am not sure this will work well or not, but it is worth a try, I actually got 2 sundays this month!! The lady at walmart said that sundays are packed!!Oh walmart didn't need the id number for ACS, she said that we needed it in case someone walks up and asks for it. Guess cause it is for a fundraiser, wanting to make sure we are legit.. Yes I said I was with PC, and that I would have the catalog for those who wanted more than just the HWC stuff.

WOW... i called and got one response going to give me a friday but i have to call her back cause she says she is almost positive they require a 501 3 (c) or something like that... Hmmm

Good luck, just let her know that you have the ACS fed id number. I sent a press release to Lowe's with a letter saying how it would benefit the local Lowe's community, so hopefully the manager will think it is ok and give me approval. Who knows, Kmart is suppossed to call me back.

What products are available for fundraising at the Walmart table?

At the Walmart fundraising table, we offer a variety of high-quality kitchen tools and gadgets from Pampered Chef, such as our famous stoneware, cookware, and kitchen utensils. We also have a selection of pre-made gift baskets and sets that make great gifts for any occasion.

How can I place an order for HWC items at the Walmart fundraising table?

You can place an order at the Walmart fundraising table by filling out an order form with the items you would like to purchase and providing payment. Our representatives at the table will be happy to assist you with any questions or help you find the perfect products for your needs.

Are there any special discounts or promotions available for fundraising orders at the Walmart table?

Yes, we offer special discounts and promotions for fundraising orders at the Walmart table. These may include discounted prices, free shipping, or bonus items with your purchase. Be sure to ask our representatives at the table for more information on current promotions.

Can I order Pampered Chef products for my personal use at the Walmart fundraising table?

Yes, you can absolutely order Pampered Chef products for personal use at the Walmart fundraising table. Our products make great additions to any kitchen and are perfect for everyday cooking or special occasions. We also offer a variety of recipes and cooking tips to help you get the most out of your new products.

Do I have to be present at the Walmart fundraising table to place an order for HWC items?

No, you do not have to be present at the Walmart fundraising table to place an order for HWC items. If you are unable to attend the event, you can still place an order by contacting one of our representatives or through our website. You can also ask a friend or family member to place an order for you at the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AlowayFamily
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • LakesideMom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
dherrera
  • dme.grant