• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

A Crazy Stair-Climbing Adventure to Spread the Word!

In summary, Julie walked the streets of her neighborhood distributing flyers for Pampered Chef. She did well, but did not receive any phone calls from people interested in hosting a show.
lockhartkitchen
I put on my tennis shoes and enlisted the help of the daughters (10,6) to help me pass out 200 flyers to a local neighborhood. We started at 4:30 today (late start), but we got about 60 passed out. The neighborhood I chose today is on a hill with every house having two flights of stairs to the porch. I think we did pretty good! I got a workout like nothing else! I hope to get Feb. bookings from it.

You know KG is going to mention something about street walkers!Good for you though! But don't be disappointed if nothing comes of it. Also think of all the excersize you got!

Oh yeah, KG! I've already got flack from friends on Facebook. "Aren't you busy enough with teaching full-time, and Pampered Chef?" My husband posted on my page too. "Julie walking the streets, what's this world come to?"I did get lots of exercise, which is something I've vowed to start this year. I know also, that I'll only get out my business, what I put into it. I'm making major changes this year. I'm going with any ideas I have, and not being afraid to do them. I want a trip!

Please let us know how this goes. I'd like to do something similar once the weather is warmer.

That said ... I did something similar with my Previous Product Line ... put a mini catalog and a candy bar and a cute little poem inviting them to an open house in a ziplock and stuffed mailboxes. Surprise, surprise, not a single phone call!

Then I was reminded that the Bible says ASK, seek and KNOCK. Although I did seek, I did not ASK or even KNOCK!

I'll keep you updated. When I advertised in the paper, I did pretty well. My newspaper no longer has the price range of advertisements I did before, so I decided to spread my name in another way. I'm hitting the Neighborhoods with money in my town. Was planning on doing it right after Christmas, but the snow hit. Then the rain. Today was a clear, dry day.

You go girl! Although I think I'd have chosen houses that I wouldn't have to cart supplies up a bunch of stairs if they did call & book! LOL But I'm lazy like that. ;)

I didn't think about that. LOL! But I'm willing to drive, climb, walk to earn a trip this year! I'll keep you updated. I'm going out again today to work the area again while the weather is dry.

Walked the streets again today. I'm at 123 total houses I've hit. I made 200 flyers, so we'll finish next weekend. I'm giving my daughters 10 cents a flyer they hand out. Man, I'm feeling it in my legs with the walk up the 9% grade road. But what a view of Mt. Hood at the top! I made several personal contacts, including a parent of one of my daughter's classmates, who loves Pampered Chef and said she'd think about a show.

Way to Go! Keep it up and keep us updated on how many leads come from this

Way to go Julie! What did you flyer say? Was it the specials and asking to host a show?

Yes, can you please post your flyer? I would love to do this as well :)

I grew up in Oregon (St. Johns), and the view of Mt. Hood sometimes was so incredible. Even after living there so many years, it was awe inspiring!

Good luck "trekking" those hills!

Julie, I'm curious what you put in your newspaper ad? I've been thinking about doing that, but didn't know what to say ... :)

Julie - I would love to see your flyer and see what wording you used for your ad in the newspaper. I was thinking about doing this in my old area (love and miss it!) but was thinking I might have better luck mailing a flyer and mini instead of just posting it on doors.

For newspaper ads I would buy from Merrill the Ad Generator. It is less than $5 and you can make as many ads as you want and save them to your computer to use over and over again!

Here's the ones I used in the newspaper. Please excuse my information.(I usually block for CC, as I know we are suppose to) I can't change as these are in a format the newspaper did for me. I've done Merrill too. The newspaper did not charge me for setting them up. I gave them what I wanted to say and the photo. If not using merrill, you have to make sure the pictures are are ones that we can use. The newspaper I was advertising in, had a monthly business coupon section. This style could easily be used for door to door. I'm having trouble downloading my current flyer. I will post as soon as my husband can help me.I got my first lead today from my walking! A lady called and her husband had purchased cookware (online)for her for Christmas. She already had the same piece so wants to return it. She has a list of other items she would also like to purchase. Yeah!

Attachments

• pc coupon april.jpg
    pc coupon april.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 179
  • news register.doc
    19 KB · Views: 225
  • May coupon.pdf
    357.9 KB · Views: 192
  • PamperedChef_Coupon.jpg
    PamperedChef_Coupon.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Please excuse my personal information on these (I can't change the format). The newspaper created these from images I gave them and I told them what I wanted (the gift box). I have used merrill too. If doing your own, make sure the images are ones we can use.

Attachments

• pc coupon april.jpg
    pc coupon april.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 581
  • PamperedChef_Coupon.jpg
    PamperedChef_Coupon.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 601
  • May coupon.pdf
    357.9 KB · Views: 516
I corrected favorites- I realized I attached my old version, but you get the idea.

Julie, I'm curious if you have you gotten any leads from your walking yet? :)

I got one last night. I lady called, saying her husband ordered online at CHristmas and purchased the grill press. She already had it, and wants to return it. She has a list of items she wants to get too.

Those are beautiful Julie! They turned out really nicely.

Thank you.

I love your flyer - thanks for sharing! Did you print these in b/w or color?

B/W The pictures aren't the best quality in B/W, but it got my message out and hopefully will bring me business.

1. What is "A Crazy Stair-Climbing Adventure to Spread the Word!" all about?

"A Crazy Stair-Climbing Adventure to Spread the Word!" is a fun and challenging event where participants climb up and down stairs in a designated location to raise awareness and funds for a specific cause or organization.

2. How long is the stair-climbing event?

The length of the stair-climbing event can vary depending on the location and organizers. However, most events typically last for a few hours.

3. Is there a specific fitness level required to participate?

No, there is no specific fitness level required. The event is open to people of all ages and fitness levels. Participants can go at their own pace and take breaks as needed.

4. Do I need any special equipment to participate?

No, you do not need any special equipment. However, it is recommended to wear comfortable and supportive shoes and clothing, and bring a water bottle to stay hydrated.

5. How can I get involved in "A Crazy Stair-Climbing Adventure to Spread the Word!"?

You can get involved by signing up as a participant or volunteer for an existing event, or by organizing your own event and inviting friends and family to join. You can also support the cause by making a donation to the event or the organization it is benefiting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefgoesPamperedChef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • jenniwest04
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
KimoMakano
  • esavvymom