• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Multi Chopper: Comparing to our MFP - What's the Difference?

In summary, the multi chopper by Williams Sonoma is a hand powered chopper that is efficient and simple to use. It has stainless steel blades that chop fruits, vegetables, herbs, nuts and cooked meats. The herb basket spin-dries freshly washed herbs in preparation for chopping. The mixer insert stirs and emulsifies sauces and dressings, and purees smoothies and baby foods. The spatula efficiently scoops out every bit of prepared foods. The ergonomic handle is anti-slip. The product is superior to the competitive because it has a Dynamic gear operating system, a handle that stores flat, and three staggered blades at
kam
Staff member
Just thought I'd post this link to this "multi chopper". It looks close to our MFP.

I have yet to see our MFP, so I REALLY don't know how this compares - or if it is even close to the same thing...

But, I notice it has a lid for storage.

Can anyone comment on how close this is to ours??

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/rosle-multi-chopper/

But here is the description:
-Efficient and simple to use, this hand-powered chopper makes quick work of prep tasks from drying and chopping herbs to pureeing baby food and emulsifying salad dressings.
-Each pull activates the patented drive mechanism, which creates seven blade rotations per pull.
-Stainless-steel blades efficiently chop fruits, vegetables, herbs, nuts and cooked meats.
-Herb basket spin-dries freshly washed herbs in preparation for chopping.
-Mixer insert stirs and emulsifies sauces and dressings, and purees smoothies and baby foods.
-Lid lets you store foods inside the mixer, so you can prepare ingredients before you need them.
-Spatula efficiently scoops out every bit of prepared foods.
-Ergonomic handle.
-Anti-slip base.

we dont have the spinner basket for the herbs, ours doesnt come with the spatula or the lidbut ours is like the salad spinner where you are pressing the pump to spin the blades, their pulley looks like a lawn mower type thing

>>>someone emailed the test kitchen for more info on it b/c they couldn't see why it was $49 and this was their response:<<< Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef Test Kitchens with your
product question. Currently we do not have an info sheet like our
Cookware or Forged Cutlery, but here are some of the features that make
TPC's Manual Food Processor superior to the competitive:1. Dynamic gear operating system: TPC's unique design is the perfect
combination of force and speed for optimal chopping performance. TPC's
customized gear system allows blades to continuously spin inside the
vessel to keep food moving and chopping. Competitive pull cord design
and rotating handle do not allow for continuous motion of blade. 2. Handle: Pumping motion is easy to operate and doesn't require pulling
a cord or rotating a handle. Lock on the handle allows handle to store
flat for compact storage. Competitive brands, such as Tupperware; have
removable handles but they are bulky and do not store compactly. 3. Three staggered blades at 3-point position: Three blades produce a
more consistent and quicker chop compared to 2 blade design. Our blades
are also positioned perfectly to quickly and efficiently slice, chop,
blend and mix foods so no additional attachments are required! 4. Bowed blade profile: Bowed blade profile can only be found in the TPC
food processor; it provides the best cut for multiple tasks. The
profile mimics blades commonly found in electronic food processors.
Competitive samples only have straight edge blades. The curve of the
TPC blade allows the user to chop more food over a larger area without
trapping food against side walls.

The question I'd have looking at that one is: How long/how many pulls before it snaps or breaks? I'd rather use ours with the simple push of the handle rather than have to grip and pull something over and over again. I like how it has the little basket and lid though. Also, it's hard to tell what the top thing is on their blades. Ours is 3 distinctive blades. There's look like 2 straight blades and something else on the top.

Tupperware's Quick Chef has a turn handle (vs our pump) and it looks like 2 flat blades. It doesn't say you can do meats (Our test kitchens told me that we CAN do meats with ours). I do like the funnel they have on theirs. I couldn't see what the size was (ours is 3 cups - WS is
19.2 oz, so 2.4 cups) and the TW one is $54.50. [and the TW silicone spatual - looks like our classic one - is $17.50!]

Quick Chef

A few quick turns are all it takes!

A quick-and-easy alternative to electric food processors. A single turn of the handle rotates blade or paddle whisk four times, saving time and effort

•Stainless steel blade effortlessly chops fruits and vegetables.
•Paddle whisk quickly whips or mixes cream, salad dressings and dips.
•Funnel attachment incorporates oil into mayonnaise, pesto sauce or salad dressing.
•Non-skid base prevents sliding.
•Includes simple, delicious salsa, guacamole and ice cream recipes.

A lot of their (TW) things are much higher than ours and give you less. WS is pretty comperable to ours though, I have to say.

I took my TW one with me to my meeting last night to compare. Ours is 2 cups vs. their 4 cup capacity...our handle pumps rather than turns...our measurements are raised and the TW one has written measurements. I liked the small size...but I also like the larger size for more quantities. I think the pump handle of ours is more sturdy than the turn handle on the TW one...I think ours will last longer. I like that our measurements are raised...so they won't wash off. Eventually the written measurements are going to fade. The TW one is very sharp and works well, but I think the overall quality of ours is better. I didn't look at the warrantee info on either product.

Ours is 3 cups.... I like TW, but it doesnt compare to PC in my eyes.

Hi there! Thank you for sharing this link to the multi chopper. I can definitely see some similarities between this product and our MFP, such as the stainless-steel blades and the option to store food inside the mixer. However, our MFP also includes additional features such as a variety of blade attachments for different types of chopping and slicing, as well as a built-in scale for precise measurements. Additionally, our MFP is designed specifically for use in the kitchen, while this multi chopper also has the option for emulsifying and pureeing. Overall, I would say that while there are some similarities, our MFP offers a wider range of functions and is more versatile for all your cooking needs. I hope this helps clarify any differences between the two products. Let me know if you have any further questions or if you would like to see our MFP in action. Happy cooking!

What is the difference between the Multi Chopper and the MFP?

The Multi Chopper is a versatile kitchen tool that can chop, dice, and mince fruits, vegetables, and herbs with ease. The MFP, or Manual Food Processor, is specifically designed for chopping and pureeing larger quantities of food.

Can the Multi Chopper perform the same tasks as the MFP?

Yes, the Multi Chopper can perform most of the same tasks as the MFP, but in smaller quantities. It is great for everyday use and smaller meal prep, while the MFP is better suited for larger batches of food.

Is the Multi Chopper easier to clean than the MFP?

Both the Multi Chopper and the MFP are easy to clean, but the Multi Chopper has fewer parts and is slightly easier to disassemble and wash. The MFP has a larger capacity, so it may require a bit more effort to clean.

Are there any attachments or accessories that are compatible with both the Multi Chopper and the MFP?

Yes, the blades and lids for the Multi Chopper and the MFP are interchangeable. This means that you can use the same blades and lids for both tools, making it more convenient and cost-effective.

Which tool is better for chopping nuts and making nut butters?

The MFP is better suited for chopping nuts and making nut butters, as it has a larger capacity and more powerful blades. However, the Multi Chopper can still chop nuts and make nut butters, just in smaller quantities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mom4angela
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
mjbroncobabe
  • emiscookin
  • General Chat
Replies